I Know You Want Me (and I want you, too)

The Seven Sins

Good lord, this thing is a monster. But here is part one of the Seven Sins story. I'm finally done with my first semester of college and I have one month of break. HALLELUJAH! But that means, apart from spending time with my friends who I haven't see in like five months, I get to write more so yay! LOL Well I hope you guys like this (it's over 7000 words so omg what did I do) and I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my homegirl and official beta Mikela. Until next time! ~Admin Kelc

P.S. I'm really lazy so a poster for this is not happening sorry but not really sorry

P.P.S. i'm rating this chapter PG-15 for themes and alcohol. K Bye. 

---

1.

“Remember you’re only down there for one week.”

Lust rolls his eyes and looks away from his reflection to the laptop that is sitting on the desk in his hotel room. He buttons up his white dress shirt as he watches the six other Vices try to fit all of their faces into the small Skype box on the screen.

“I know. I am quite aware of the amount of time that I have on Earth, but thank you oh so much, Pride, for reminding me,” he gives him a cheeky smile before turning back towards the mirror.

“You’re welcome,” Pride responds with an equally overly sweet smile.

Lust snorts and smooths the collar of his shirt down. He rolls the sleeves up to his elbows and ruffles his hair a bit before grabbing his jacket off the bed and slipping his phone and wallet into his pocket.

“Where are you going?” Envy asks from behind Pride.

“Out,” Lust responds, “See ya later, losers.”

He waves tauntingly as he slowly shuts his laptop, ignoring the string of grumbles coming from his six friends. He takes another quick look at himself in the mirror and tosses his jacket over his shoulder as he strides out of the room with a confident smirk.

---

Lust is sitting at the bar for barely five minutes when he notices, out of the corner of his eye, a woman sitting a few bar stools down already taking not so subtle glances his way. His lips quirk up slightly and he lets out a content sigh. He waits a few beats before turning his head towards the woman. He almost laughs out loud with when she snaps her head in the opposite direction and pretends to act nonchalant, as if she wasn’t ogling at him a few seconds ago.

His eyes rake over her short red dress (which he quite approved of because red just happened to be his favorite color), down her legs, to her black heel that was absentmindedly tapping against the wood flooring. He stares a little longer before turning away and flagging down the bar tender with a slight wave of his hand. He orders two Manhattan Noondays because Manhattan Noondays are classy and he likes to consider himself as a classy guy. Well, as classy as you can get when you’re one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

He picks up the two drinks and walks over to the woman in the red dress. He hops onto the seat next to her and places the two short glasses in front of him.

“I’m sorry if I’m being a bit forward,” Lust says in a low voice, “But I couldn’t help but notice you glancing at me.”

“Excuse me?” she turns towards him, a faux innocence in her voice, “Was I?”

“I’m pretty sure you were,” he smirks.

“Well I’m sorry,” she says, angling her head towards him with flirtatious eyes.

“Oh, don’t be,” he shakes his head slowly, “It’s I who should be sorry.”

“You?” she asks, a bit taken aback, “Why are you sorry?”

“Because I admit I was staring as well. I mean, how could I not stare at a woman as beautiful as you?” he says softly and slowly.

He flashes his pair of dimples and internally smirks when her cheeks start to flush. The dimples never failed him, not once. He smoothly slides one of the drinks towards her.  

“A token of my apologies,” he motions for her to take a drink with one hand and lift his own glass to his lips with the other.

She grasps the glass with one hand and swirls the liquid around absently, “Thank you …”

“Woohyun,” Lust finishes for her, “Nam Woohyun.”

A cat like smile stretches across her lips as she raises the glass and tips it towards him slightly.

“Well, thank you, Woohyun,” she says and takes a gulp.

---

Red dress girl clings to his arm as the walk down the sidewalk towards his hotel. Somewhere between the coy smiles and feather touches, Woohyun’s sure that she’s told him her name, but he knows they’re never going to see each other again when the sun rises so, honestly, what’s the point?

They stop at a corner, waiting for traffic to stop flowing and allow them to cross. He glances around, ignoring the woman who’s yapping his ear off with a slightly tipsy slur in her voice. He’s surprised at the amount of humans still out. At this late hour, he would have figured they all would have been at home, or sleeping, or doing … human things that didn’t involve being out.

As he watches the stream of cars zip pass, a small coffee shop across the street catches his eye; or more particularly, the girl sitting inside next to the large window that overlooks the sidewalk and street.

She appears to be a pretty average girl, wearing a large coat and a beanie shoved on her head. There is nothing flash about her, nothing showy or gaudy. There is no alluring aura around her, nothing to draw anyone in. 

Woohyun would usually say that he prefers women who are a little more dangerous, a little more on the mysterious side. Woohyun would usually not spare girls like her a second glance. Woohyun would usually think they were no fun and not worth his effort.

But the way her coat makes her petite frame seem even smaller than it already is and the yarn beanie on her head makes her look so innocently adorable causes him to suddenly get this weird feeling in his chest. It’s nothing like he’s ever experienced before. He feels warm, almost light headed, and his heart is beating so fast he can hear its rhythm in his ears.

She’s staring up at something out of the window with wide, almond eyes, seemingly entranced. He follows her line of sight and finds that she’s gazing at the moon that’s peeking out behind a few clouds in the dark sky. And she only looks away when a server walks up to her table and places a mug in front of her. 

The corners of his lips unconsciously turn up as he watches her.

He feels a sudden tug on his arm and finds the crossing signal has turned green, the red dress girl next to him eagerly pulling him across the street.

As he gets closer and closer to the coffee shop, the warmth in his chests spreads throughout his body, from the tips of his fingers all the way down to his toes. He finds himself having a harder time to breathe with each step he takes. But his eyes never leave the girl in the coffee shop.

She cradles the mug between her hands. Just as cool porcelain is going to meet soft lips, she blows the hot liquid slightly before taking a small sip. She pulls the mug away and sets it back down on the table.

That’s when he sees her smile.

That’s when his breathing stops completely.

That’s when his heart melts for the first time.

He continues to stare her in awe over his shoulder as he walks further and further from the small coffee shop on the corner of the block.  

“What are you looking at?” red dress girl asks suddenly, pulling them to a stop.

He takes tears his eyes away from the girl in the window and finds red dress girl pouting up at him. He’s pulled back to reality at that moment and blinks a few times to clear his foggy mind.

“Nothing,” he lies with ease and throws an arm around her shoulders as they continue down the sidewalk.

He forgets all about the girl in the coffee shop by the time he reaches his hotel room.

2.

Woohyun strolls down the same sidewalk the next night, two girls on his arms this time. They’re all laughing. But it’s one of those hollow laughs that only serve the purpose to fill silence and empty conversations. They stop at the same crosswalk, waiting for the same crossing signal to turn green.

He looks across the street into the window of the coffee shop and smiles when he sees the girl sitting at the same table once again. She’s wearing a different coat, one that fits her properly, and she’s not wearing a beanie either, her hair is flowing down her back instead. And, this time, she’s not alone.

His smile slowly slips off his face when his eyes land on the boy sitting directly across from her. She laughs at something the boy says and Woohyun feels a pain in his chest. He drops his arms to his side and presses one hand to his chest, over his heart. He suddenly feels angry, but at the same time, a bit sad. He doesn’t know how to explain what he’s feeling. All he knows is that he’s in pain.

“Is something wrong?” one of the girls at his side asks.

He turns his head and looks at both girls.

“Nothing’s wrong. I’m just checking to make sure I’m still alive since I have two angels next to me.”

Woohyun forces himself to smile as the two girls giggle into their hands. The signal chirps and he places a hand on each of their waists as the step into the street. He keeps his head down, staring at the painted stripes on the asphalt, lips dipping into a frown. He doesn’t look up when he steps up onto the curb or when they pass the coffee shop’s window or when they reach his hotel and wait for the elevator.

He doesn’t forget about the girl in coffee shop by the time he reaches his hotel room.

3.

Woohyun finds himself entering the small coffee shop on the corner of the block the next night. The bell above the door rings as he steps over the threshold, the sound of soft jazz and the smell of freshly ground coffee beans in the air. His eyes scan the room and finds that the table next to the window empty.

A soft sigh escapes his lips and he stalks up the counter. He orders the first thing he sees on the menu, a simple mocha. He chooses in the corner of the room, one not too close to the table by the window but still near enough to have a clear view.

A waiter brings him his drink a few minutes later. He blows the of steam rising from the brown liquid. They dance away from him and disappear into the air.

He checks his watch and glances over at the empty table. He wraps his hands around the mug, drumming his fingers against the porcelain impatiently.

Patrons come and go, but Woohyun stays. He rests his hand against his cheek, playing with his phone but not really doing anything on it.

It’s a quarter till ten and his coffee had long gone cold when the bell above the door rings for the hundredth time. His eyes flicker over towards the door and sits up straight when he sees a familiar girl walk into the small shop. He can barely stop a smile from stretching across his face as he watches her walk up to the front counter.

He hears her voice for the first time as she places her order at the register. And Woohyun swears it’s the most beautiful sound he’s ever heard. It’s high enough to seem feminine but not so much as to give him a headache.

She walks over to the table next to window (as expected) and slings her bag over the back of her chair. She pulls out a book and slips on a pair of glasses.

On any other night, if you were to ask Woohyun when he found a girl most attractive, he would instantly say the moment before he connects his lips to hers, or when she wraps her arms around his waist.

But tonight, he would say when she’s reading.

Woohyun thinks she’s doing it on purpose. The way she tucks her hair behind her ear and how she bites the inside of her bottom lip as her eye scan across the pages. She must be doing it on purpose, he thinks, acting perfect like that.

She looks up when a waiter brings her order. She gives a short but sincere thank you over her shoulder as the waiter walks away. She turns her head forward and Woohyun freezes when her eyes meet his.

‘Great,’ he thinks, ‘now she’s going to think you’re creepy because you’re staring.’

But he just sits there and gapes at her. He doesn’t look away, he doesn’t advert his eyes. And when she gives him a small grin before turning back to her book, he’s glad he didn’t.

4.

He’s sitting in the coffee shop again, at the same table, drinking another mocha. He came a little later, half past nine instead of eight this time. And when the minute hand on his watch ticks over the nine, the door opens, the bell rings, and Woohyun smiles.

She goes up to the counter and places her order before walking over to her usual table and sitting down. She takes out the same book from the previous night and opens it to where she had left off.

Woohyun fidgets in his seat, taking rapid glances between his coffee and the girl sitting a few tables down from him. He has no idea why his heart is beating so fast and his palms are starting to sweat. He can’t be … nervous? Right? No, no way, he shakes his head slightly, that’s not possible. He’s Lust, the embodiment of longing and desire. Girls are supposed to want him and get nervous around him, not the other way around.

He abruptly stands up from his seat, grabs his mug and walks over to the girl sitting next to the window, a confident bounce in his step. But when he stands a few feet away from her table, the unsettling and sickly feeling returns and sits in his stomach.

His eyes dart around the room as he clears his throat a bit too loudly.

The girl sitting in front of him look up from her book and looks at him with almond eyes.

“I-Is this seat taken?” his voice wavers and he feels like burying himself alive in all of Greed’s junk.

She looks at the seat across from her and then around the coffee shop in confusion.

There were dozens of other seats, a handful of tables completely vacant. Woohyun bites down on his bottom lip and wonders how much more of a freak she would think he was if he were to just run out of the small coffee shop right then. Maybe he could just laugh it off and tell her that he was just –

“No, go ahead,” she says after a few moments.

Woohyun blinks and stares at her in shock and confusion.

“What?” he asks before he could stop himself. He’s pretty sure that he sounds just as dumb as he feels.

She laughs softly, “The seats not taken so you can sit if you want.”

“Oh,” he mumbles and quickly sits down.

A thick blanket of silence falls over the both of them. Woohyun would usually fill the silence with charming smiles and somewhat cheesy but still endearing pick up lines. But now, he silently purses his lips. Not daring to glance up, he stares down at his coffee mug, tracing the rim with the tip of his finger.

“I’ve seen you before.”

Woohyun’s head snap up and he meets a pair of deep brown eyes.

“Excuse me?” he asks.

“I’ve seen you before,” she repeats, “Here, in this coffee shop.”

“Oh, really?” he smiles nervously.

She nods with a soft smile that melts his heart for the nth time, “It’s strange. I’ve never seen you here before. Do you come here often?”

“Only recently,” he whispers, still breathless from the aftershock of her smile.

She closes her book and places it to the side, folding her hands and placing them on the table, “Well, I’m Kyungmi.”

“Woohyun.”

It was probably the plainest introduction and meeting he has ever experienced. No witty or toe curling lines. No batting eyelashes or sly smirks. No underlying motives or wants. Just the aroma of coffee, shy smiles, and a boy and a girl. And when she repeats his name, the two syllables rolling off her tongue, Woohyun realizes maybe that’s all he needs.

5.

“So I have a question,” Woohyun says, breaking the comfortable silence between the couple sitting next to the window in a corner coffee shop.

Kyungmi glances up at him for moment before her eyes drop back down to her book, “Do you now?”

“Why do you always come here every night?” he asks.

“Why do you?” she asks in return.

Woohyun bites his lip and snorts quietly to himself. If only she knew.

“I asked you first,” he leans forward and gives her an imploring gaze.

Kyungmi sighs and sticks an old receipt into her book before closing it and placing it to the side. She takes a long and slow sip of her warm drink.

“I’m waiting,” Woohyun sings with a cheeky smile.

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head, “Why do you want to know?”

“Well, we’ve known each other for a while –”

“I hardly think twenty four hours is ‘a while’,” she interjects.

“And I’m just curious,” he ignores her comment and finishes, his smile not faltering once.

Kyungmi sighs and leans back into her chair. Woohyun keeps his eyes on her as they lapse into a lingering silence. He could stare at her forever if he was given the chance (and he knows that that sounds ridiculously cheesy and he’s accepted the fact that he’s slowly turning into a cheesy guy for the girl in front of him).

“It’s constant,” she says after a while.

Woohyun narrows his eyes slightly in confusion, a small pout on his lips.

“It’s the same every time,” she explains, “The same people, the same workers, the same coffee. It’s safe and I like safe.”

“But haven’t you ever wanted some excitement?”

“Nope,” she replies, not missing a beat.

Woohyun blinks, a little shocked by her blunt response, “Not even a little?”

She shakes her head.

“Well I think that a bit of excitement could do you some good,” he declares.

“No thanks,” she mumbles, running her finger along the rim of her mug, “I’m perfectly content with the way things are in my life right now.”

Woohyun gnaws on his lip He takes a deep breath and musters up every ounce of charm in his body.

“Let me take you out,” he says with ease, “I know this great bar that around here. It’s very chill and relaxed. I think you’ll like it.”

“I don’t want to,” she pouts, her eyes still trained down at her coffee mug.

Woohyun huffs with determination. He’s already got this far and he’s not leaving this coffee shop without a date with the girl across of him. He reaches across the table and grasps her mug’s handle. She looks up with wide eyes when he pulls it away from her.

“Please, Kyungmi,” he asks, almost begs, “Just this once?”

She stares at him for a few moments before dropping her eyes down to the table. Her shoulders droop a bit in defeat and Woohyun’s absolutely beaming on the inside.

“Is this your way of asking me out on a date?” she mutters under her breath.

“If you want it to be.”

He smirks when her cheeks flush a light shade of pink.

7.

“Are you going out again?” Greed asks.

Woohyun looks over at the computer that sitting on his desk and smiles, “Yup.”

“Going to pick up more girls?” Gluttony smirks.

“No, I actually have a date,” he replies, turning back to the mirror and fixing the collar of his shirt.

You?” Envy shrieks, “Have a date? Like, a date date?”

Woohyun scoffs but really doesn’t take any offense, he’s too elated over the fact that he actually has a date with Kyungmi to feel anything less than ecstatic at the moment, “Why is that so hard to believe?”

“Because … well, because you’re you!”

“Whatever,” Woohyun rolls his eyes and grabs his jacket off of his bed, “I’ll talk to you guys later.”

He gives the boys a two- salute and walks out the door, not even bothering to close his laptop before he leaves.

---

Woohyun is leaning against the bar, fiddling with his phone and impatiently tapping his foot. 9:30. They agreed on 9:30. It’s 9:32 and she’s not here and Woohyun thinks he’s about to experience getting stood up for the first time. He’s about to call over the bartender and start drowning his sorrows in expensive alcohol when he spots the girl he’s been waiting for walking towards him.

His jaw almost drops when his eyes lay upon her.

She’s wearing her hair pinned in a bun, a few locks down and framing her face. Her black strapless dress fits her well, the slightly poufy skirt falling mid thigh, and her heels make her legs look dangerously good. Woohyun wonders why she doesn’t dress like this all the time. If she did, she’d probably be the object of every man’s eye – wait. Scratch that. It’s better if she doesn’t dress like this.

“Hey,” Kyungmi smiles a littler nervously.

Woohyun blinks and shakes his head slightly to clear his head, “You made it!” he smiles, “You look beautiful, by the way.”

“Oh, thank you,” she smooths out the front of her dress and Woohyun smiles at the blush pooling under her cheeks.

“Do you want something to drink?” he asks, motioning for the bar stool next to his.

“Oh, okay.”

She moves to open her purse and pull out her wallet when Woohyun places a hand on top of hers and shakes his head. She gives him a questioning look when he turns back towards the bar and waves over a bartender who just oh so conveniently happens to be female.

“Hi, what can I get for you?” the bartender asks.

“A Dirty Martini for me and a Daiquiri for the miss,” he grins politely.

Kyungmi narrows her eyes when she sees the bartenders face turn slightly dazed for a moment before beginning to mix their drinks.

She tugs on Woohyun’s sleeve and whispers in his ear, “What are –?”

“Shh, love,” he whispers back, “Just let me handle this.”

After a few minutes, the bartender places two drinks in front of them. Woohyun reaches into his pocket and his eyes widen as he searches his other pockets.

“I think I might have forgotten my wallet back at my hotel room,” he says quietly to Kyungmi and she stares back at him in confusion. He quickly turns back towards the woman behind the bar with an apologetic look, “I’m so sorry. Is there any way that I could perhaps pay later?”

The bartender looks around, “I’m not really supposed to do this, but I’ll just put these on the house.”

“Oh no, I can’t let you do that,” he shakes his head.

“I insist.”

“Well, in that case, thank you,” Woohyun takes this time to flash his trademark smile, dimple and all.

“No problem,” she says a little too suggestively that Kyungmi is actually taken aback.

“I don’t know whether I should be impressed or appalled,” Kyungmi says when the bartender walks away.

“Everything is a two way street, my dearest Kyungmi,” Woohyun mumbles as he hold up the napkin placed under his drink and displays a cell phone number scribbled under a name. He rolls his eyes and places the napkin under an abandoned glass on the bar.

She purses her lips and lifts the drinks with both of her hands, “I’m learning so much about how to get free drinks at a bar, thank you for bringing me along for this educational experience.”

“Anytime,” he smiles and clinks his glass against hers.

“I have to warn you now though,” she says after taking a sip of her drink, “I’m kind of a light weight.”

“Really now?” Woohyun raises an eyebrow and takes another gulp of his drink.

---

“Wow, this is really fancy,” Kyungmi hums as she steps into the hotel room, “Your boss must be pretty wealthy to be able to afford a room so nice for an employee.”

“Oh, you have no idea,” he mumbles under his breath as he shrugs off his jacket.

She turns her head towards him suddenly, “What did you say?”

“Nothing,” he replies with a shake of his head.

He helps her remove her coat and throws it over the backrest of the armchair in the corner of room. He turns back to her and finds her biting on the inside of her lip, shifting her weight from foot to foot.

“I’m really sorry about your shirt,” she says, eyeing the pink stains on his white button down.

He smiles and laughs, “It’s fine. It’s nice to know that you get a little clumsy when you’re tipsy,” he teases.

Kyungmi bows her head and takes a small step backwards. She twiddles with her fingers and trains her eyes on her hands. Woohyun observes her with interest. He has never seen this side of her before. She’s usually so calm and relaxed and put together. But the girl in front of him is nervous and fidgety and a bit lost. And he can’t help but think that she’s absolutely adorable this way.

“Are you okay?” he asks softly.

Her head snaps up, “Huh? Oh, yeah! I’m fine!”

Woohyun narrows his eyes and takes a step towards her, “Are you sure?”

“I just” she takes a deep breath, “don’t normally do this kind of thing.”

“What do you mean?” he tilts his head to the side.

“I don’t party and I don’t get drunk and I definitely don’t go back to the hotel rooms of guys I just met,” she answers while training her eyes to the wall behind his head, her hands balled into fists at her sides.

A smile spreads across Woohyun’s face and his voice is tender when he speaks, “Okay, one: we didn’t party, we went to a bar,” he reaches out and takes her tense hands into his, “Two: you’re not drunk, maybe a little tipsy, but you’re not drunk,” he gently unclenches her fists, “And three: we didn’t just meet,” and he laces his fingers between hers.

She her bottom lip into in an attempt (a rather horrible one at that) to hide her smile.

“And if I’m not mistaken, we have known each other for …” he checks his watch, “almost 72 hours. I don’t know about you, but I think that’s a substantial amount of time.”

Her lips twitch into a smile before falling back into a frown, “I guess I’m just scared.”

“Of what exactly?”

“You.”

All of his breath is knocked out of his lungs when the one syllable word leaves her lips. His eyebrows knit together in confusion as he tries to keep his heart from clenching.

“I know what happens when a guy takes a girl back to his hotel room,” she continues, “And I know what happens after the night is over. And I guess I’m just … scared.”

“Well, I’m not like other guys,” he says instantly. He knows it’s a lie, a pretty blatant one to put it lightly, but he would say just about anything to take her fear away, “Do you want to know what happens when I bring a girl back to my hotel room?”

“Huh? U-Umm,” her eyes noticeable widen and she stares at him with a frightened expression.

He puts on one of his confident, borderline cocky half smile even though he’s a nervous wreck on the inside.

“Well, first I take down her hair,” he reaches up at pulls the clip that’s holding her bun, watching in awe as her long hair tumbles down her back, “because I like it when girls leave their hair down. It’s a little more natural and carefree that way, don’t you think?”

Her lips part slightly as she tries to find the right words to say.

“Then I take her hand and lead her to the bed.”

Woohyun carefully takes her hand into his and slowly pulls her towards one side of the king sized bed.

“Then I lay her down.”

He guides her by the shoulders to first sit at the edge of the bed, then to lay down. Her eyes are the size of saucers the whole time but she doesn’t dare utter a word and simply allows him to guide her.

“And then I do this…”

Kyungmi squeaks a little when Woohyun climbs onto the bed and hovers over her, supporting his weight on his forearms so he doesn’t crush her under him. He looks into her eyes and he finds her more beautiful than any angel he has ever seen in his life (and he’s been around for a long time). For the first time in his life, he doesn’t feel lust or a surge of want. He feels comfortable and relaxed and … warm. He slowly brings a hand up and gently cups her cheek. He feels her stiffen under him at the contact. He slowly leans closer, gauging her reaction, eyes watching her for a sign to stop. But she doesn’t move, just closes her eyes and holds her breath. Woohyun smiles and lightly rests his forehead against hers, counting the long eyelashes that rest against her cheeks.

But just as their lips are about to touch, something in Woohyun stops him and he lets out a soft sigh.

He rolls off her, laying on his side next to her, and whispers, “And then I lay next to her and we talk about anything and everything she wants to talk about.”

Kyungmi’s eyes fly open and she stares at the boy next her in shock. The blatant confusion that flashes across her face is so cute and adorable that Woohyun has to use every ounce of restraint that he has in his body to not gather in his arms and keep her there forever.

“You don’t do that,” she says flatly.

“How do you know I don’t?” he raises an eyebrow.

“With the way you were charming that bar tender into giving us free drinks just by smiling,” she drops her eyes, aimlessly drawing random patterns on the white sheets, “no way.”

Woohyun bites on the inside of his cheek. On any other night, with any other girl, he would already, at the least, have his shirt off. There’s no way he can deny the truth. And trying to tell Kyungmi otherwise just seemed wrong.

“You don’t have to lie to me, Woohyun. You can just tell me that you don’t find me attractive in that way.”

When he catches sight of her shoulder deflating slightly, he feels as if someone is pressing down on his chest.

“Kyung–”

“It’s fine, Woohyun,” she forces a smile before pushing herself up into a sitting position, “It’s getting late, I should probably go.”

He starts to panic when she swings her legs over the edge and stands. He’s never had a girl walk out on him before and he doesn’t intend on Kyungmi being the first. He reaches out and grabs her hand before she’s out of his reach. She looks over her shoulder and he wracks his brain for some charming or witty line to say that would make her stay. But he draws a blank under her stare.

“Stay,” he whispers the only thing that can come to his mind, “please?”

Kyungmi looks away from his pleading eyes and glances around the room. She turns back to Woohyun and bows her head.

“Fine.”

---

They somehow end up in a position with Kyungmi sitting up, leaning against the headboard, heels next to the bed, and Woohyun laying on his back, resting his head on her lap.

“So tell me about yourself,” she says, taking a sip of water that she had to literally beg Woohyun to get for her, “Something that only your closest friends know.”

“Um, wow, okay,” he blinks, “Well, I’ve never had a girlfriend before.”

Kyungmi gasps, resulting in her almost choking on her water, “What?! Not even!”

“I’m serious!” he laughs, “I mean, I’ve had my fair share of flings –”

Kyungmi gives him a look.

“Okay, okay, a little more than my fair share. But regardless, I’ve never been in a relationship. One with real feelings and all of that stuff that they talk about in those cheesy chick flicks.”

“They’re not cheesy,” she pouts a little, “I happen to like them.”

“Why am I not surprised?” he rolls his eyes teasingly.

Kyungmi scoffs, “What is that supposed to mean?”

Woohyun shrugs and laughs when she shoves his shoulder, a smile playing on her own lips.

“Well, what about you?” Woohyun asks, “What is something about you that only your closest friends know?”

She purses her lips and turns the cup around in her hands in thought.

“I’ve never felt sparks when kissing a guy before,” she says finally, her cheeks an adoring shade of pink.

Woohyun looks up at her with tender eyes, “Why not?”

She shrugs, “Guess I’ve just haven’t found the right one yet?”

Their eyes connect for a moment and before Woohyun can stop himself, he leans up at presses his lips to hers.

The kiss isn’t hot and steamy but at the same time isn’t boring and dull. It’s simple and sweet and when he feels Kyungmi kissing him back, Woohyun thinks it’s the best kiss he’s ever experienced.

He pushes himself up on his elbows to get closer and runs a hand through her hair as he revels in the fact that she’s actually kissing him back. If he was to ever be asked when the best feeling in the world was, he would say the feeling of her soft lips pressed against his.

But he suddenly yelps, breaking the kiss and jumps back slightly when he feels a cold sensation hit his stomach and soak through his shirt.

“I’m so sorry!” Kyungmi gasps and straightens the now empty glass that’s in her hand.

Woohyun stares down at growing wet spot on his already pink stained button down for a few moments before throwing his head back in laughter. He doesn’t know why he’s laughing, although the situation is admittingly amusing. But maybe he’s just happy.

“I should probably go change,” he says after his laughter has died down.

Kyungmi nods, keeping her eyes trained on the skirt of her dress.

Woohyun pushes himself off the bed, pecks the blushing girl on the cheek (to which she sputters at), and grabs a change of clothes before disappearing into the bathroom.

---

Woohyun emerges from the bathroom in a plain t-shirt and sweats, hair still damp from the quick shower he decided to take. He stops in the bathroom’s doorway when he sees Kyungmi fast asleep on the bed, hands tucked under her head, breathing even.

His lips quirk into a smile as he carefully lifts her legs and tucks her under the layers of sheets and blankets. She sighs and shifts deeper into the comfort of the pillow.

Woohyun sits at the edge of the bed and carefully brushes a lock of hair out of her face. Before he can stop himself, he leans forward and presses a soft, lingering kiss to her forehead.

“Now that’s something new.”

Woohyun jerks away from Kyungmi and jumps onto his feet, searching the room for the source of the voice. His eyes land on his laptop that he left open on the desk. He walks over and sits in the desk chair. When he wakes up the computer, he’s greeted with a smirking Sloth in the Skype window he left open before leaving his room earlier that night.

“Hello,” Sloth gives him a borderline creepy smile and a small wave.

“What the hell?” Woohyun mutters.

“You left your Skype open and the guys wanted to see what human girls really look like. But once they saw the two of you come back, they got bored and went to sleep,” Sloths rolls his eyes. 

“I would have thought you’d be the first one to go to sleep,” Woohyun chuckles.

“It was very interesting watching the two of you,” Sloth drawls, “She’s cute though.”

Woohyun looks over his shoulder at the girl sleeping on the bed and a smile unconsciously forms on his face.

“She’s perfect,” he says, his voice barely above a whisper.

A lazy smirk creeps its way onto Sloth’s lips.

“You’re falling in love with her.”

Woohyun’s eyes widen as he slowly turns back to his laptop. There’s a sudden sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

He can’t be falling in love. He’s Lust. He’s not supposed to get attached like Greed or long like Envy. He’s accepted the fact that he’s attracted to Kyungmi and thinks she’s adorable and would be perfect girlfriend material for any sane man. But he’s just supposed to want. Want, but never need. He’s not supposed to love Kyungmi, he can’t. She’s human and he’s immortal. She’s going to age, grow older, and he’s going to stay the same, frozen in time for the rest of eternity. It would never work out in the end and just thinking about that fact pains him.  

Woohyun bursts into a fake laughter and clutches his stomach for extra effect, “That’s ridiculous! I am not falling in love with her! I’m not even falling in like with her!”

Sloth sits up in his seat, his expression suddenly becoming serious.

“Hey –”

“How can you think something like that?” Woohyun continues. He’s lying through his teeth and they both know it. But he refuses to admit the truth because he’s scared. Scared of falling in love with Kyungmi. He’s scared of needing her and even more scared of losing her.

“Hey, cut it out. Listen –”

“No, you listen!” he cuts in, “I’m in it for the chase, you know that. I chase, I catch, and then I let them go. That is always how it’s been and she’s no different.”

“Woohyun, stop,” Sloth mutters in a low voice.

But he doesn’t stop.

“What does it matter anyway? I’m coming home tomorrow and I’ll never see her again,” the words were harder to say than he had thought. 

Nam Woohyun.

“What?!” he yells back in frustration.

Sloth slowly raises a hand and points over Woohyun’s shoulder.

When Woohyun turns around, he feels as if the entire world is crashing around him. Kyungmi is standing here, eyes red rimmed and glistening with unshed tears. He quickly stands and opens his mouth to say something, anything. But his words get caught in his throat when he sees every emotion he wishes she would never have to experience flash across her face. Confusion, pain, sorrow, devastation.

His breathing starts to become shallow when she moves to collect her belongings. He wants to reach out to her, hold her close so she wouldn’t leave, explain to her that he was lying because he’s scared. But all he can do is numbly watch her grab her shoes and purse and run out of the room. A deafening silence fills the room when the door clicks shut. Woohyun looks over to the armchair in the corner of the room and he sees her coat that she left behind in her haste. 

He doesn’t hear Sloth calling his name. He doesn’t realize that there are tears sliding down his cheeks. He only feels emptiness, anguish, regret, and what he realizes to be heartbreak.

8.–9.

Woohyun leaves Earth.

And Lust broods.

10.

Lust is laying in his chamber, facedown into one of the dozens of pillows that adorn his bed.

Someone knocks softly on the door, probably Greed stopping by to attempt to cheer him up again, and he grunt in reply.

But a man walks instead. He’s dressed in an identical pinstriped suit to the one he wore the last time he talked to Woohyun and the other six a week ago.

“Lust,” he starts, “you can’t be locking yourself in here all day.”

“Why not?” Woohyun’s voice is muffled by the material of his pillowcase, “Isn’t this what you all wanted? Us to change our ways?”

“Yes, but –”

“Well, congratulations. Your plan worked,” he rolls on his side and faces his back to the man.  

The man sighs and looks at the boy in front of him with pained eyes, “We didn’t want you to be miserable.”

Woohyun doesn’t respond and stares blankly at the wall.

“You could always go back to Earth,” the man suggests.

“And do what? Ask her for a second chance? Beg her to take me back?” Woohyun shakes his head, “Yeah, right. She probably hates me. She’ll never want to see me again.”

The man sighs, “I don’t know if you know this, but humans tend to be more forgiving towards people who truly care about them.”

Woohyun falls silent and picks at a loose thread on his comforter.

“Well just think about it,” the man says as he turns to leave, “Humans are very interesting and surprisingly compassionate creatures. This girl may just surprise you.”

When he hears the door quietly click shut, Woohyun rolls onto his back and stares at the ceiling blankly. He looks over at the black coat that is thrown over the back of a chair sitting in the corner of his room.

---

The smell of freshly ground coffee beans fills his nose when Woohyun steps through the doors of the small coffee shop on the corner of the block.

‘Humans are very interesting and surprisingly compassionate creatures. This girl may just surprise you,’ echoes in his head.

He takes a deep breath and walks over towards the girl sitting next to the window.

She’s still concentrating on her book when he stands next to her table. She’s wearing a knit beanie again, Woohyun notes in an attempt to distract himself from the overwhelming feeling of nausea that is starting to make him dizzy.

He clears his throat a little too loudly and a sense of nostalgia hits him, clenching his heart.

She looks up from her book and her eyes widen behind her thick-framed glasses when they land on his face.

“Hey,” Woohyun says lamely.

“Hi,” Kyungmi breathes as she continues to stare at him in disbelief.

“Um,” he stares at down at his feet and shifts in his spot, “You left this in my room…”

She blinks at the black coat that he’s holding out to her with both of his hands.

“What are you doing here?” she asks lowly.

“Returning this to you,” he mumbles. In his defense, it’s not completely a lie.

Kyungmi snatches the coat out of his hands and raises her eyebrows at him.

Woohyun sighs and ducks his head towards the floor, “I wanted to apologize. I was a jerk.”

“Yeah. You were.”

He flinches at the iciness of her voice but thinks he probably deserves it, “I didn’t mean what I said. I really do care about you and I don’t know if it’s love, but I definitely like you.”

“Then why did you say that?”

“I guess I was scared? I don’t know. I’ve never really been in a real relationship with real feelings before, remember?”

Kyungmi drops her eyes to the table, “You still shouldn’t have said that. It still hurt.”

“I know,” Woohyun bites down on his bottom lip, scuffing his foot against the floor, “and I’m so sorry.”

“I don’t know if I can forgive you right now,” she says softly and Woohyun feels his heart drop into his stomach.

“But,” she continues, “I think I’ll be okay with us starting over.”

Woohyun’s eyes light up, “Really?”

She nods, “Now go over there and walk over here like you did the first time we met.”

Woohyun presses his lips together to hide his smile as he walks over towards the same table that he once occupied just about a week ago. He knows he hasn’t won Kyungmi back completely, but at least it’s a start.

He waits a few seconds by the table before slowly walking back to hers.

He clears his throat obnoxiously loud this time and almost loses his composure when she looks up at him with wide eyes that are just too damn adorable in his opinion.

“I-Is this seat taken?” he stutters on purpose, reenacting the night of their first meeting.

She smiles up at him and his heart swells.

“No, go right ahead.”