Chapter Four- Christmas Eve

Coffee Shop

Dec 24th

It’s Christmas Eve and its been almost a week since Daehyun started talking to my goddess. I forgot to mention this before but since the day she walked into my life she has become my inspiration, my muse. Recently I had fallen into a rut. I kept finding myself painting things I already had. With the same colors, the same , and the same ideas. After I saw her that day my art became lively again. Her smile seemed to have rejuvenated me and just thinking about her breathed life into my art. She made me a much better artist and a person. Imagine what I could become if she were next to me for the rest of my life. But ever since Daehyun came into the picture I have been dreading each and every moment of my life. Today was no different. I sat in the cafe as the light filtered in dancing off of the wooden floors and the table tops. It made her hair a new shade of golden brown that made my breath come out in gasps. The light glinted off of her eyes as she looked at him, talking to him like she had been doing for the past week.

I didn’t know how much more I could take of this.

Apparently I couldn’t take anymore of it. I watched as the world slowed down and I saw Daehyun lift his arm and place it around her shoulders. That was the breaking point. My blood boiled as I watched her relax into his arm and my body moved on its own. Before I realized what I had done I was standing over Daehyun with my right fist inches from his face and my left hand pinning his arm, that had been just a few seconds ago around her, to the ground. I looked up and I saw her standing there wide eyed. But another expression crossed her face but it quickly disappeared. If I had seen it correctly then it was one of joy. But that look was quickly replaced by anger. She pulled me off of Daehyun and then took her things and stormed out.

“Figure this out you two cause I know one of you likes me and the other is just messing with me!” she yelled as she stormed out.

I looked over at Daehyun and he had a smirk on his face as he watched her walk to the park and sit on one of the benches. I followed his gaze and saw her. She looked even more beautiful with the golden leaves fallen around her as one bright red leaf brushed her hair as it fell into her lap. She picked it up unconsciously and started gazing at its veins.

“So… What’s your name?” I turned around to look at Daehyun.

“Youngjae,” I replied.

“Well Youngjae let me tell you something. You are a complete and utter fool for not telling her sooner you liked her because by now you’d probably have become an inseparable couple.” I stared at him with my mouth gaping. This was the man I had just pushed to the ground and rather than getting angry with me he was giving me relationship advice. “Youngjae are you listening,” he closed my mouth with a flick of his wrist. “Go tell her how much you care about her.”

I looked up at him. I was starting to thank him when he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around and pushed me towards the door. “You don’t have to thank me. Just go to her and give her that napkin you carry around with you.” I looked at him surprised. “Yes yes. I know about that napkin you drew on when you first saw her. Just go tell her how you feel and give it to her.” Again he flashed me that grin of his.

I turned, put on a smile of my own and walked out the door and I walked toward my destiny.

***

Dec 24th

I watched him walk out the door. I watched him kneel in front of her. I watched him pull something out of his pocket and give it to her. I saw her stare at it. I saw her start to cry. And… I saw her hug him and I watched as they embraced and confessed their love to each.

Shouldn’t I be happy that they were together now. Finally after so much meddling and so much effort on my part they were finally together. I could finally finish that book.

So why did it hurt so much.

Why did I feel as if my heart was empty.

I hadn’t felt like this in a very long time.

So it had happened again.

I had fallen in love.

Again…

I had found my muse.

Again…