13

Young Wife

 

“Hana gets dress; we’ll go out for dinner.” Luhan told her after he came out for the bathroom. The girl really doesn’t want to go, especially with Luhan. She’s scared that something will go wrong if she’s being close to her husband. She wanted to refuse but something else popped in her mind.

She’s preparing a special dinner for Luhan.

Jia’s words rang in her head. Hana doesn’t want to admit the reason why she dislikes the idea, but she doesn’t want Luhan to eat it. *What am I thinking? Ish…I’m going crazy soon. Hana, get yourself together. Don’t forget that getting out of this house is your main goal. Don’t grow attach to Luhan, YOU CAN’T! Think about Sehun.”

“I’m sorry, but can we just eat at home? I don’t feeling like going out.”

Luhan raised his brow. “Why not? Are you sick?” “No!” Hana shook her head. “Uh…I just wanted to eat at home. Well, I heard that Chorong has prepared something good for dinner.”

*You just don’t want to go out with me, do you?* Luhan thought to himself.

“I don’t care. I want to go out and you’re my wife, you have to come with me.”

Luhan’s voice sounded more like demanding than requesting. Hana just realized that he has changed for these passed weeks. He is clingier and more demanding. It’s like he’s being more than friend. (Of course, what kind of friends who kiss each other on the lips?)

*Why is he being like this?*

“Can we not go? I really don’t want to go out tonight.”

Luhan sighed. He looked at her with a harder expression which made Luhan flinch by his look. “Is it that hard just go out and eat with me? I’m not going to hurt you. Hurry change your clothes, you’re wasting my time.”

Hana’s jaw dropped. After the marriage, Luhan has never been this cold and demanding to her. What happened to him? Where did the calm and gentle Luhan go? Hana started to become scare of Luhan. If Luhan was this cold and scary on their honeymoon night, Hana wouldn’t have dared to tell him that she was in a relationship with someone else.

The girl silently stood up from the bed and walked toward her closet. She found the clothes that she could where for going out and entered the bathroom.

Luhan sighed as he watched her. Honestly, he didn’t mean to be so cold toward her if it wasn’t because of Lay’s words.

“If you want her to fall for you, you have to change some of your attitude. Don’t be so calm and gentle. You know what, ge? Girls like bad and demanding guy. You have to be a scary man sometimes. Don’t smile often! Just kiss her whenever you feel like it but after that, act like nothing happened. If you want her to go out with you, tell her or force her if you have to. You’re her husband. You have every right!”

*I’m sorry, Hana. It’s because I like you too much and I don’t think I can be cool with your relationship with your boyfriend either. I’m a man and I also have a feeling. Forgive me!”

……………………………………………………………………

There were two people in the dining room, Jia and Chorong. They were waiting for other people to come down and eat. As soon as Jia heard Luhan’s voice came from the living room, she quickly looked at Chorong. The younger girl got the sign so she left the table and approached the living room. Chorong was greeted with the sight of Luhan and Hana liking arm and they both were dressed nicely. Lay was also there. She quickly walked toward them.

“Luhan-ssi?” Chorong called.

The three people stopped talking as they turned their heads to look at Chorong.

“What?” Luhan answered without much attention on her.

Chorong swallowed as he looked back and forth between the three people. Nobody looked at her with a welcomed face, except Lay who had a mischievous smile on. “Are you going out? Today I prepared…………

“Yes I am going out. Tell my dad, if he asks.” With that Luhan dragged Hana along with him and left the house.

“What did you prepare, Chorong-ssi?” Lay asked. Chorong turned his head to look at Lay. “Nothing. Come and have dinner if you’re not going out.”

Lay shrugged. “Sure!”

Chorong was surprised a little when Lay actually agreed to eat dinner. He usually left the house since early evening.

 

Jia was impatiently waiting for her niece’s return. She was surprised when she saw Lay followed Chorong instead of Luhan. “Where’s Luhan?”

“He’s going out with his wife.” Chorong replied as she sat down. She frowned when Lay sat down on the chair next to her, but she didn’t say anything.

“Didn’t you tell him that you were the one who cooked the food?” Jia asked with an unpleasant expression on her face. The niece only stared at the foods, avoiding her aunt’s eyes. “No, I didn’t.”

Jia’s eyes widened. “What? Why didn’t you tell him?”

“And why do you care so much whether Luhan ge wants to eat dinner at home or not? Are on planning on something bad, Mrs Mistress?” Lay asked with a smirk on his face. Jia was a big taken back. She almost forgot that Lay was also there. She cleared . “It’s not any of your business, Lay. And I think you’re sitting too close to my niece.”

Lay let out a tiny laugh. “First, I am Luhan’s cousin, if you forgot. It’s certainly my business if anyone planned any bad things on my beloved gege. Second, I don’t see the problem with that. Chorong didn’t even complain, that means she liked it too. Don’t you worry!” He said and winked at Chorong. The girl blushed as she kept her head down the whole time.

Imaginary smoke came from Jia’s ears. This is the reason why she dislikes Lay so much. The old woman glared at her niece before she stood up. “Chorong, come with me.” Then she left the dining room.

Chorong slowly moved her body but Lay caught her wrist. “Aren’t you gonna have dinner with me? I heard from the maids that you were the one who cooked all the foods.”

Chorong freed herself from Lays’ grip and stood up. “I’m sorry, but no I’m not.” With that, the young girl also left the room.

Lay chuckled. *I think I like you, Chorong-ssi.*

……………………………………..

Hana doesn’t want to move her body. She would pretend that she fell asleep if she could. The girl looked at the restaurant in front of her and swallowed. Out of all restaurants in Seoul, why did Luhan choose this restaurant?

“Hana, we’re here. Let’s go!” Luhan said and got out of the car but Hana was still inside. She gripped on the hem of her dress tightly as she stared directly to whatever in front of her. Luhan knocked on the window of the car when his wife didn’t come out.

Hana looked at him and sighed. *I guess I don’t have a choice.* She opened the door and got out as well. As soon as she got out of the car, Luhan held her hand. Hana frowned. “We’re not in front of anyone in the family, we don’t need to pretend.” She told her husband.

“I’m not pretending. We’re couple; we’re supposed to do this.”

Hana gasped. She was confused. “But we’re not real. I thought I made it clear that we…………………………

“Be quiet and listen to me. I’m your husband, if you forgot. There’s nothing wrong when a husband holds his wife’s hand.”

Hana’s jaw dropped. Did Luhan forget that they were couple only on the paper? She wouldn’t want to protest to him any longer if they were in another restaurant, but for this one, she definitely not wanted to do any skinship with him. Hana tried to pull her hand back but Luhan only held it tighter. “Luhan-ssi, friends don’t hold hand, especially when they are opposite gender.”

“But we’re not friend. I’m your husband and you’re my wife. Listen to me!”

Without letting Hana protest any longer, Luhan dragged her inside the restaurant. Hana looked around and she immediately spotted a familiar figure inside wearing the waiter’s uniform. She wasn’t surprised thought. Luhan was being a gentle man by pulling the chair out for her then he sat down next to her. “Aren’t you gonna sit over there?”  Hana asked pointing her finger toward the seat on the opposite side.

“NO, I want to sit here.”

The girl sighed. She didn’t want to protest with him anymore. *He’s not the way he is. What happened to him?*

“Welcome to Oh Family restaurant, here are the menus, sir and Mrs!”

Hana heard the familiar’s voice and she swallowed hard. She really didn’t know how to react. What would he think when he saw Luhan putting his protectively on her shoulder? She doesn’t want to see his expression but she already jerked her head up to meet his eyes, and those adorable eyes were empty, as if he didn’t have any emotional at all. His eyes travelled from her face to Luhan’s hand on her shoulder then he moved back to her face again. His throat went dry and his hands were shaking. He was trying hard to control himself as he took Luhan’s order. Luhan didn’t seem to notice the tension between the waiter and his wife. He just casually sat down and scanned the menu. “What do you want to eat, wifey?”

Hana looked at the waiter and he was piercing her with his eyes. She sighed and put the menu down. “I’m fine with anything. Just order what you want to eat.”

Luhan grinned innocently. “Aw you’re so sweet.” Then he gave her a surprised peck on her cheek.

Hana’s eyes grew wide as she looked at her boyfriend who was waiting for the order. His eyes didn’t meet with hers anymore. Hana wanted to cry because she didn’t know what to do or react. Luhan’s sudden changes made her confused to the top of hell. Dinner tonight was the bitter one for her that Hana could barely gulp anything down to her stomach.

……………………………………………….

When Luhan and Hana arrived home, the girl quickly went inside the room without saying anything. Luhan didn’t follow her to the room immediately because he had one more place to go before he could go to bed. It was one of the guest’s rooms where Lay was staying.

“How was the dinner, ge? Did you have fun?”

That was what Lay greeted him. Now they were currently sitting on the bed. “No, I didn’t. I think I made the wrong decision. I’m hurting her. I made a mistake tonight.” Luhan said and let out a heavy sigh.

“What mistake?” Lay asked, confused.

“I just wanted to have a simple dinner outside with her, but I brought her to the wrong place. It was her boyfriend’s parents’ restaurant, and we met him there. I even kissed her in front of him. She looked all hurt and confused. I’m so selfish.”

“Don’t blame on yourself. Everyone is selfish when it comes to love. Sooner or later, she’ll understand your feeling.” Lay touched Luhan’s shoulder trying to comfort his ge. Luhan could only sigh again. “But it’s like I’m trying to separate two people who are truly in love with each other. This is not me at all.”

“Well, it seems so. But we all know that, Hana has no future with that boyfriend of her. We all know how powerful and cruel her grandpa is. Actually, it’s good for the both of them.”

Luhan didn’t say anything more because he was lost in his thought. He was thinking about the conversation he had with Hana’s grandpa two weeks ago.

“There’s rumor here and there talking about my granddaughter being with another male which is definitely not you. Have you heard about it, Luhan?”

The old man with a cigar in his and said with the eyes that could makes anybody get on their knees. Luhan knew what the old man was talking about but he pretended that he didn’t and put on an innocent face. “I haven’t, grandpa. And even if there was a rumor, I don’t think it’s true.”

Mr Song let out a sarcastic laugh, and Luhan knew there was no good thing coming from that laugh of his. “Then I would recommend you to take a break from your work and watch out your wife. I’m so sure that the rumor is true. I just need to find out who that dared guy is. That little piece of trash don’t back off from my beloved granddaughter, I’ll make sure that his family will be completely ruin.”