When Ricky falls in love (for AngelColl) [Edited]

EFJ's One-shot Requests

Update: 27 Jun '18; just edited it, hopefully the grammar is easier to swallow lol.


A sigh escapes my lips.

Look at that smile. That enchanting smile that could light up the worst of my days. Those charming eyes that seem so bright even in the darkest of situations. That sweet face I probably will never get tired of no matter how often I see it.

She waltzes in, smiles and greets everyone on the way, immediately brightening their day.

Smart, always top of the class, constantly top ten in the entire cohort.

Gorgeous, with the face of an innocent child and the body of a model.

Kind, generous to everyone and always willing to lend a helping hand.

Not to mention popular - everyone from the freshies to the seniors, and even the staff, teaching and non-teaching, know of and adore her.

The whole package really. Who could resist that?

I wonder why she's still single. It's impossible. She can't still be single. She must have a boyfriend either outside school or in secret. Has anyone ever confessed to her? I have never heard of her getting any confession. How could anyone not fall for that angel?

I fell hard as soon as our eyes met two years ago in the first year of high school. As I got to know her, I fell even harder. And everyday I go to school with only the hope of seeing her. For she is my motivation to study hard and that's how I got my top 5 ranking in class and top 10 in my cohort. She pushes me without her even knowing. That's the power she has over me. Next week is our last week of the school year. I hope next year we'll still be in the same class. It'll be our final year. I will need more motivation than ever to be one of the top ten graduants.

I sigh again before my head is rudely slapped by the ever-annoying Byunghun. That douche. Hasn't he ever heard of a proper greeting?

A few seconds later, squealings can be heard, "Oh my God it's Byunghun Oppa!"

I don't get it really. That dude's one of the youngest in the grade. Not to mention one of the shortest. And he's just an average student. I have no idea what they see in him. Seriously. I don't hear Daniel getting that much attention. He's tall. And handsome. One of the top students as well, and he has a great voice.

"Yahh, what are you doing?"

I ignore him and pretend to be busy with my already-done homework for the next subject. The bell is going to ring in 5 minutes signalling the end of recess.

"Yahh, I'm talking to you!"

I wonder if Byunghun ever learned to read body language. I pity his friends.

Yes, I pity myself. I don't even know how we became friends. I'm a part of this clique they call the 'Kingka Group' along with Byunghun, Daniel and 3 other dudes from the same class. I have absolutely no idea though, what is so 'kingly' about us. We're just normal kids goofing around whenever possible.

"Oie, don't disturb him. The boy's in love," I hear Daniel not-really saving me.

"In love?! Since when?! With who?!"

"Whom. And you sound like a girl," I retort nonchalantly.

"Ohh, talking about girls,"

When did we talk about girls?

"You know Park Mina?"

I freeze. What about her?

"I heard she's transferring. Next year. Next week's her last week in this school."

Are you serious?

"Now which smart ale2`    c gave you that tiny piece of information?" Daniel questions Byunghun which he responds with a shrug.

"Word goes around. I'm thinking of confessing to her soon. Like by Friday. At least we'll get to see each other for one week before she transfers."

I nod silently, agreeing with him.

Wait what?

Did I hear right? Byunghun is confessing to Mina? He has feelings for her too? Damn, now I'm screwed. I need to confess to her before he does. She'll be sure to fall for him. I mean look at him; flawless complexion, eye smiles, a smile that could capture any girl's heart.

Now I'm contradicting myself. But both sides are true. He is very short, very annoying but quite charming. Ok fine maybe I'm about his height but that's completely besides the point. I need to capture Mina's heart before he does.

"Mr. Yoo Changhyun?"

I look up. When did the teacher arrive? She's even written some equations on the board.

"Could you please solve this?"

What?! I didn't pay attention! And why are we still studying if exams are over? Suddenly all eyes are on me, including Mina's. Mentally knocking my head on the table, I slowly stand and head to the board.

Wait, I know this. I studied it last night to prepare myself for next year. I quickly scribble down the solution on the board much to the teacher's delight and my classmates' amazement.

I turn around and look for Mina. She sits there seemingly impressed. Yes! I got her attention! Point 1 to Changhyun!

I guess you can say I pretty much scored the rest of the lesson and the subjects after that.

The ringing of the school bell signaling the end of school has me jumping out of my seat and hurriedly packing my bag. I dash out in less than twenty seconds - I need to confess quick and in a way that will capture her heart. This needs huge planning!

"Changhyun-sshi!"

My tracks are halted by a familiar voice. I slowly turn around, my heart almost jumping out of its enclosure.

Mina is behind me, catching her breath as if she was just running after me. Oops.

"Changhyun-sshi, how did you know how to do that Math equation? We weren't even taught that yet!"

"Ehh?" Didn't the teacher teach before she asked me to do it?

"Mrs. Kwon just came in, wrote down the equation and you just solved it like that!" followed by her snapping her finger.

Why do I find that little gesture adorable?

"Changhyun-sshi?" I suddenly see a hand waving 5cm from my face.

"Uhh?" Have I been staring? Gosh that's embarrassing!


“Changhyun-sshi? Are you alright?”

“U-uhh.. Uhmm.. Yeah, I’m great, thanks. How are you?” I mentally shoot myself. What a response, Yoo Dumb-hyun!

A chuckle and I’m entranced again. Such music should be illegal.

“I’m great too, I guess,” and she gave the most dazzling of smiles.

“ILIKEYOU!” 

I swear being caught wearing a tutu wouldn't have been this embarrassing.

Why?! Why did I have to literally shout that out?! I had everything perfectly planned out! Now she won’t even look at me anymore. I should go bury myself now.

“Ehh? Uhmm-“

I don’t give her any chance to reject and quickly explain myself.

“IamsorryIreallylikeyoulikereallyreallylikeyouandIheardyouweretransferringnextweekandIjusthadtotrymyluckbutwhatIhadinmindwasn’tthisembarrassingIhadplannedsomethingromanticandsweetforyouohmyGodthisitremelyembarrassingI’msosorrytohaveembarrassedyoulikethisIshallmakeamovenow,” I in a deep breath,

“Goodbye.”

And off I go, running home like the coward I am.

~*~*~

I’m lying in bed forcing myself to sleep when I hear a knock at the door. My parents are away on a business trip and my brother is in camp. Even if it’s them, they have their own keys. Who can it be?

I drag myself to the door and open it, rubbing my eyes.

As soon as I see who’s at the door I immediately shut it and slam my back against it.

What is she doing here? To apologize? For rejecting me? I should apologize for embarrassing her! Urgh! I should open the door. But what do I say? ‘I’m sorry’? ‘Hey there’? How lame can I get? And I’m being very rude right now.

I groan and open the door to the angel in pink tee, jeans and sneakers. How can she look so pretty in something so casual? Her eyes wide in shock make me feel guilty for slamming the door in her face.

“Uhmm… Hey,” I try to sound as casual as possible but it just comes out desperate and creepy.

She chuckles and I swear I feel myself melting. My knees are wobbly and I tighten my grip on the door just so I don't fall and embarrass myself further.

“Hey yourself. Are you alright? I hope you don’t feel too embarrassed. Sorry about that,” she looks down shyly and I can’t remember seeing anyone more adorable.

“Uhmm, NO! Nonono. I should apologize to you for embarrassing you like that. That must have been embarrassing for you. I’m so sorry for that.”

She hums in response and silence follows for a minute until she takes a deep breath.

“Who told you I’m transferring?”

“Uhmm.. There’s rumour going around,” I duck my head embarrassed.

“Ahhh…” another 5 seconds of torturous silence.

Come on brain! Move, mouth! Wait no. Mouth you wait. Brain you work.

“Actually,” she starts again and I snap out of my internal battle, “I’m transferring to the gifted class. I’m pretty sure you are too, the top 15 in the cohort are. I’m not transferring school. I wonder who got that idea,” she ends her speech with a faraway look as if in deep thought, probably wondering how the rumour got twisted to that extent.

Ahh! Should have known! Rumours are nothing but. Why did I even believe it? Urgh.

I mentally groan.

“And about just now,” in my mind, I’ve got a shotgun ready, aimed at my head, finger on the trigger, “I’m flattered,” finger is slowly pressing down, “andIlikeyoutoo,” a peck on my cheek and she ran away.

My mental finger freezes.

What just happened?

She kissed me. A hand shoots up to touch the area she kissed.

And she likes me too.

She likes me too. And she kissed me.

She likes me. Park Mina likes me, Yoo Changhyun. Park Mina kissed me, Yoo Changhyun.

I step in and close the door slowly with a stupid grin on my face.

Park Mina likes Yoo Changhyun. Park Mina kissed Yoo Changhyun.

The first thing tomorrow, I will ask her out. She likes me!

Park Mina likes me! She likes Yoo Changhyun!

And she freaking kissed me!

Yesss! I jump with a squeal and run to my bedroom, slamming my body onto my bed.

I wriggle around in excitement thinking back to what just happened.

PARK GORGEOUS MINA LIKES YOO WEIRDO CHANGHYUN!!


A/N: I hope this was worth the one-year wait >,<