1000 Roses

1000 Roses {One-Shot}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a very cold Friday in November. Kwon Yuri waited for the light to turn red and cross the street.

She holds the umbrella high covering her from the pouring rain.

 

“I’m leaving.”

“Why? Because of what I said?”

“No. Because I don’t like the Seoul weather. It rains a lot.”

“So you will just leave me like that? While I’m here waiting for you under the rain soaking wet?!”

“Do you want me to bring you a rose?”

“Stop changing the subject!”

“I don’t like rain. I’m hanging out Noona.”

“Minho-ya!”

“Tomorrow is gonna rain too”

“What are you saying? You don’t even know what you are saying!”

“Are those tears? You are gonna get sick. Leave already.”

“Ok. Do as you please. It was nice to meet you Choi Minho.”

“You too Noona.”

 

She gripped tightly her umbrella, 6 months. It had been six months. Why was she still waiting?

Maybe today. Just wait. One fine day, he will come back.

And coincidentally, that one fine day was today.

She lifted her gaze as she crossed the street, her eyes widen as she saw him.

Minho was there.

"Noona!!" he called out surprised.

Yuri’s eyes only focused on the tall blue-eyed girl holding his arm and the bouquet of roses rested against her chest.

She had waited for him for 6 months. He will comeback she used to say.

She swore that after he comes back, she will hug him tight and will tell him she still loved him. And she never wanted him to leave her side again.

He came back, but those words she wanted to say seemed to not come out of .

"Noona, this is my girlfriend, Nicole" he, realizing she was shocked for his presence introduced the girl next to him.

The girl seemed nice; she warmly smiled and offered a handshake.

I didn’t ask who she was, why you had to tell me?

 

 

There she was, deepening in her memories again.

Kwon Yuri.

The heavy rain was falling and the drops crashed against the window. Yuri was the only one in notice; she was sitting on the couch recalling those memories while her friends were playing on the floor.

She couldn't drink, that's why she didn't join them, she couldn't focus, today was that day, 1 year ago he had left her once more.

"Yah Yuri-ah! Come play with us!"

"What are you staring at?!" two of her friends asked her while they drink a can of beer.

Yuri only gave them a small smile before turning her attention back to the window.

"What's wrong with you?" her closest friend asked her after she joined her on the couch.

"I can't drink Sica. I don't want to ruin the mood" Yuri said above a whisper.

"Yah! Am I painted then?" Jessica blurted out while holding up her cup with orange juice "I can't drink neither, there's juice too." Yuri let out a small chuckle before it faded away and she looked down.

Jessica knowing her the most held her hand slightly shaking it giving her comfort "It's ok Yul." asking her if she was still thinking in him was kind of a stupid question, she obviously thought in him every day since that day. She never really moved on.

When this date arrived, it was the worst day for her, and the coincidentally rain that fell this exact date made everything worse. It seemed like even the sky was sad about his left.

"It's been 1 year" Yuri finally spoke up still with her gaze glued to the outside.

"Kwon Yuri, I don't want to be rude, but it’s been 1 year, can you move on?" her other friends agreed with what Jessica had just said, Yuri just deepened in her thoughts. Yes, why can’t she move on already?

"He never really loved you. He just hurt you" this drunken friend of her was right. He never really loved her. They shared so many things, but never shared the same feeling.

“You made a life already Yul. You can’t keep hurting yourself like this.” Another friend added.

“It was your first love. First love never works out.”

Yuri took a deep breath “But first love is the only real one.”

 

 

Rain fell hard. This morning the sun had set, Yuri didn’t thought it will be raining later that day.

She walked down the bus and quickly rushed toward a store and under the parasol. She fixed her hair and clothes as she waited for the rain to stop.

“Is raining pretty hard, uh?” a man walked out the store and stood next to her.

Yuri slightly smiled and nodded “Yeah.” She fixed her clothes for the last time before turning to look at the tall guy.

He was a lollipop as he stared at the falling rain. He was pretty tall to be a high schooler, she thought looking down at his nametag “Choi Minho” as she quietly mouthed the guy turned to look at her surprising her.

“Want a lollipop?” he offered her. She smiled and shook her head.

“I’m ok. Thanks.” He smiled turning back his attention to his lollipop.

I must be crazy. How can I like a high-schooler? Yuri scolded herself in her head.

“If rain doesn’t stop, I won’t be able to get to school in time.” He talked to himself loud enough for Yuri to hear.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at school now? What are you doing in a store?” She asked.

Minho laughed and turned to look at her “I’m a bad student. I was bored and hungry so I escaped” Yuri scoffed as he was telling her so with a smile in her face as if skipping classes was a good thing.

“Noona—“ Yuri’s eyes widen when he called her so “Can I call you like that? Or will you tell me your name?”

“Me?” she stutter, Minho nodded and then laughed at her expression.

“Is there anyone else here? Of course I’m talking to you. What’s your name noona? You already know my name.” he said pointing to his nametag “Choi Minho. I’m 3rd grade. You?”

Yuri hesitated a bit. She was 22, and she had never fall in love.

First love? She hadn’t it yet.

But today, she met this guy, younger than her; she felt the so called “butterflies in the stomach”.

One fine day, unknowingly she had fallen in love.

“I’m Yuri.” She introduced herself. It was wrong, she knew.

Falling in love with a younger guy, a guy that was still in high school, it was wrong.

“Yuri noona.” He smiled offering her a handshake “Nice to meet you again.” After Yuri held his hand, she lifted her gaze confused.

“Again?” she asked.

“Noona, I’m Choi Minho. That name doesn’t ring in your head?”

Yuri kept staring at him trying to remember when did they met

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter