Chapter three

Ever Lasting Teacher

I waited for what seemed like a century, but the clock said it was only five minutes. When the door opened I jumped out of my chair. I was shaking like crazy, felt extremely nauseous and I was sure my head was as red as a tomato. I always imagined that if I would ever get the opportunity to meet Super Junior, I would be so awesome that I could keep my cool and just talk normally as if they were my friends or colleagues or something. But of course that is the biggest bull ever. I was lucky if I even managed to say one word before they would realize that I wasn’t right for the job.
He was a lot shorter than I thought. I guess he lied at least 5 centimeters about his height and he wasn’t wearing any kind of shoe lifts (at least, I think. If he was, he’s even shorter for real). He looked at me and smiled his gummy smile, showing deep wrinkles around his eyes. It was as if I was looking at a video at some huge TV-screen and he was talking to the camera instead of directly to me.
He looked kind of plain, since he wasn’t wearing any make-up like on stage last time I saw him at SS5 London. If this wasn’t Super Junior Eunhyuk, I probably wouldn’t even have considered him handsome. No offense to the Eunhyuk stans out there reading this blog, but he’s just not the kind of guy I would turn my head for. Not like this, anyways. He’s really different in real life than on stage or on videos. Of course, since I am an ELF I could still see his beauty somewhere. His perfect jawline, his beautiful eyes… his hair looked dead like . That’s his own fault for dyeing it too many times. He should shave his head bald and grow out some new fresh hairs because he can’t go on like this any longer.
All of this of course didn’t matter at the time. I mean, I am rethinking our meeting and think of all these things now while I write this, but when I was standing there I was completely mesmerized by the fact that Eunhyuk was right in front of me, smiling.
“Nice to meet you, my name is Lee Hyuk Jae!” he said happily in the worst English I ever heard. I shook his hand. It felt warm and soft, maybe a bit sweaty. Did that mean he was nervous too? His handshake was kind of weak, like a girl’s handshake. Or maybe he was just being considerate not to squeeze my hand to dust like most men do.
“I know who you are, I’m your fan after all,” I said with a smile. As for the following: I don’t know what came over me. Maybe it’s the power of adjustment I don’t know, but somehow I managed to talk normally to Eunhyuk and Prince Manager. I didn’t faint, my voice was only a little bit weird and I sat on my hands to reduce the shaking. Of course I was still nervous as hell, but somehow I managed to talk normally. Here we go:
“So, I talked Hyuk Jae through your plan on our way here. He’s really enthusiastic about it, though he won’t be able to tell you personally simply because his English is horrible. We wouldn’t have invited you over if an English teacher wouldn’t be necessary after all,” Prince Manager said with a smile. Eunhyuk sat down in a seat next to me and just smiled politely. I knew he didn’t really know what his manager said, but he looked like he was pretending he understood.
“That’s okay. So what do you guys think of my offer?” I asked. I didn’t dare to look Eunhyuk in the eye. I avoided his glance as much as possible. Sometimes I dared to look for a slight second, but my eyes wandered off very quickly after my stomach turned a thousand more times.
“Can I ask you question?” Eunhyuk suddenly interrupted. I looked at him for a tiny second and then looked at my thighs. “Yeah, sure, ask ahead,” I said. Even my lips were shaking now.
“Who is your favourite member?”
I felt silent for a second. Was this guy seriously asking me this question? What answer did he expect? Should I say Eunhyuk? Or should I tell him the truth? Was this some kind of trick? Was he going to decide if he wanted to hire me by the answer I would give?
“Donghae,” I said after I decided that lying probably wouldn’t be a good idea on a job interview. To my great relieve, Eunhyuk laughed. “Ahhh Lee Donghaek… me too! Me too,” he said. And this, ladies and gentlemen, I considered as an EUNHAE MOMENT RIGHT THERE. I had great trouble not spazzing about it on the spot. “Yeah I thought so,” escaped from my mouth. My god seriously who was controlling my body?! Eunhyuk laughed shyly. HE LAUGHED SHYLY. This guy is so gay I swear. He looked like some Korean fan girl that just admitted her bias is Donghae. Oh My God seriously an Eunhae moment on my first day meeting Super Junior. I was sure that I somehow had died and reached heaven.

The rest of the conversation continued in English with Prince Manager sometimes translating stuff in Korean to Eunhyuk. It’s all a bit blurry to me now. I had a really hard time believing that everything was actually happening. They asked me questions about my love for Super Junior and if I was on any social media. I told them I had this blog and they said that keeping a blog would be okay, as long as I would allow them to monitor the posts and see them through before I post them here. They figured that the blog would be a great way to promote Super Junior overseas. They even said that maybe we could do a small TV-show about it someday.
I just nodded. I couldn’t believe they were making plans like that. They sound like I was already hired. Like REALLY hired.
And guess what… after talking with both of them about tons of stuff, about my family, my favourite food, my university here and my university back home, my friends, my Facebook account, everything… Prince Manager shook my hand with a happy smile and gave me a very thick pack of paper.
“Take this home with you and read it through carefully. Once you’ve signed it and bring it back to me, you will be officially hired as Super Junior’s English teacher. Congratulations.”

You might call me stupid, but I signed the contract right there on Prince Manager’s desk without even looking at the contents of it once. Eunhyuk laughed and slapped me on my shoulder. “You are crazy woman!” He said.
I managed to smile at him and shook his hand again. “You can call me Teacher.”