YONGSEO means FORGIVENESS

MY LAST AND ONLY LOVE

 

“So are you saying that I can make a discount if I’ll pay it full?” I asked the Cruise Ship Retailer.

“Yes, as long as you can afford it then it would be great,” he told me.

“I’m going to check first the company’s finances. We will just call you if we’ll be able to afford the said price,” I informed him.

We shook our hands and we went out form the private room of one of Seoul’s finest restaurants.

Meetings outside the company are more convenient than having it inside. A little less pressure will make the conversation a little more tense.

I glance at my watch and it reads: 3:00pm.

I went towards my car and drove off. I suddenly decided to drive on my own and just calls Il Woo if ever I needed him. I gave the Hotel at Jeju for him to manage so he’s a little busy now since the renovation will soon finish.

I was driving towards the house when an unfamiliar call came.

I connected the Bluetooth headset to my phone and answered the phone while looking carefully to the road.

“Yoboseyo?” I spoke.

“Yong Hwa, it’s Soo Young – noona,” the jolly voice answered.

“Oh, noona, you’ve called,” I replied.

“Are you busy now?” she asked.

“No, I’m actually going home. Waeyo?” I followed.

“I will be going on a date with Jung Shin and it’s a little bit far. Can you fetch Hyun Hwa at the mansion? I don’t want her to wait too long for me,” she requested.

“Sure, I’ll be going now,” I answered.

“Thank you,” she excitedly answered.

“No prob, noona,” and we hanged up.

I went to the house first.

I packed some clothes and business suits. Thinking of Hyun all the time really makes me crazy. The proposition really gave me an excuse to stay at her house, I really want to see her every now and then so I made use of the chance it is giving me.

After packing some clothes I went off to the mansion and meet my in – laws.

“Yong Hwa,” Sae Hyun omma welcomed me and kissed me on the cheeks. She’s always been so sweet as she is. “Soo Young called and told me already.”

“Where’s Hyun Hwa?” I asked.

“Daddy...” I turned to the mansion’s staircase and saw Hyun Hwa running down.

“Careful, sweetie,” I told her.

When she reached me she tiptoed as I bowed to let her kiss my cheeks.

“Are we going home now?” she asked me as she held my right hand.

So this is how it feels when you’re from your busy schedule, then gone to fetch your daughter afterwards, and feel how great is it to see her happy to see you.

“Do you want to go somewhere?” I asked her.

“Don’t spoil her too much,” Sae Hyun omma told me.

“I fetch her for the first time, ommanim. Treating her out would be a celebration for my first experience,” I explained.

The woman smiled and let us go.

“Dad, I want ice cream after seeing Krystal Imo and her flowers,” Hyun Hwa cutely told me while I am driving towards the flower shop.

“Sure, sweetie,” I answered.

Minutes after driving we arrived the small store.

Krystal hurriedly went out and opened the passenger seat for Hyun Hwa.

She then carried Hyun Hwa as we enteredthe store full of flowers.

I just looked at how they converse about different flowers.

“I’m hungry, let’s go eat ice cream. Dad and I will be going to Minho’s cafe, come with us Imo,” she offered.

Krystal then agreed leaving the store to her new assistant whom I’ve known as Suzy.

We left and drove to the cafe.

Krystal and Hyun Hwa went inside hand and hand as I just followed them.

Yoona was talking to Min Hyuk when we entered the cafe.

“Noona, I don’t want to be in that program,” Min Hyuk complained.

“You came here just to tell me that? I just recommended you and I am not sure if you’re in,” Yoona explained.

“Are you fighting?” Hyun Hwa jived in that made the two look down.

“No, dear. We’re just talking. Minho’s at the kiddie section eating ice cream,” Yoona answered her while smiling. “Gayle, can you please give Hyun Hwa her favourite ice cream and lead her to the kiddie section,” she called the girl wearing the cafe’s crew uniform.

The girl then held Hyun Hwa’s hand as they went to the counter.

“Noona,” Min Hyuk continued whining.

“Don’t be so childish, kiddo. Why are you complaining so much? It’s not yet finalize,” Yoona continued chiding.

“What’s this all about?” I intervened.

“Yoona noona recommended me to be the next bachelor on The Bachelor’s television program,” Min Hyuk confessed.

“What’s wrong with that?” Yoona justified.

“I’d rather be one of the men on the bachelorette than to be the bachelor having lots of girls,” he responded.

 “So you’re saying you want to be on the bachelorette instead?” I joked. I know Min Hyuk can’t talk if pretty girls are surrounding him except for the women he knows already.  He’s too shy for that.

“Hyung,” he started whining again.

“So childish,” Krystal and her bluntness made all of us looked at her, so she mouthed “Sorry.”

Yoona then recovered and spoke, “Just wait and see, and I’ll tell Teuk oppa to let you join The Bachelorette instead. You need to try having a girl Hyuk –ah! You’ve been single all your life.”

The guilty Min Hyuk frowned as he felt his defeat.

Min Hyuk has become a great movie actor and was really busy all his life that he didn’t even have time to date since offers are chasing him. Poor man.

We sat on a round table near the big glass window and talked about some things.

Then all of us retire as I pushed Min Hyuk to drive Krystal to her flower shop. Krystal doesn’t care at all but Min Hyuk acted strange. I think the gang will be seeing a new pair on the following months.

Hyun Hwa and I finally went home. I held her on my other hand as I carry the baggage with my free hand.

We entered the house and saw Hyun looking at us, she was shocked.

I began explaining, “Soo Young – noona called me that she’ll be going on a date with Jung Shin so she let me fetch Hyun Hwa.”

She then shifted her gaze to my baggage as I calmly told her, “I’m living here.”

When I see the same shock expression I reminded her, “We are married.”

Hyun Hwa and I continued walking to the stairs until we reached Hyun’s room.

I made up my mind to sleep on her sofa and be with her in the same room than staying on one guest room which will not help me sleep.

Hyun finally followed us and told Hyun Hwa “Hyun Hwa, asked nanny to change your clothes.”

The child frowned but did follow.

“It’s not part of the agreement,” Hyun started as soon as the door was closed.

“No need to worry. You will not see me spending too much time in this house. Knowing that I am busy running our business, I will be on the office all the time or maybe sleep there,” I started explaining. “And about sleeping together, you won’t be seeing me sleeping on your bed again unless you allow me,” I . “I’m good with the sofa. We need to convince Hyun Hwa that we are sleeping together.”

The proposition as my alibi again to be with her, tsk.

I left her without anything to say. I think it’s the only way she can’t disagree with my entreaty.

I went to Hyun Hwa’s room, she was doing her homework so I helped her. After doing so, nanny came to tell us that’s it’s dinner time. I let Hyun Hwa go with noona as I excuse myself to change first.

I went inside Hyun’r room and was surprised to see my baggage not in the room, hoping that Hyun did not dispatch it and just placed inside the closet, I entered the walk – in closet and saw some of my clothes at the farther edge. My business suits were also hanged. I think it’s the way how Hyun agrees to my residence here.

Days passed by rapidly.

I have been into buying the cruising ship so I propose it to some investors and was happy to have some. I finally have enough finances to finally acquire the ship. It was really that difficult that I seldom have time for Hyun and Hyun Hwa.

Besides from the cruising ship, I’ve been flying from Seoul to Jeju Island and vice versa since the Hotel will soon finish its renovations and will be opening soon.

I always go home late because of finishing some paperwork for the permits of certain businesses we are running. Whenever I come home, as I call it now, Hyun not locking the door makes me enter the room without disturbing anyone. She would be sleeping already. I would silently go near her and gently kiss her on her forehead, wishing that she’ll have a good sleep. Having a busy day, I always forgot to change into comfortable clothes and just sleep with my business suit on. I can only count the times she would wake up when I arrive.

And when I leave early in the morning, she would be still sleeping. I can also count the times she would wake up before I leave, leaving her a goodbye kiss on her forehead or sometimes her lips whenever I can’t stop myself from doing so,

And here I am now at my private jet, going back to Seoul.

I have been from Jeju to do some finishing with the hotels status.

I really miss my family.

I was too tired to drive so I called for my driver as he fetched me at the airport.

He drove me home and when I entered the house Hyun Hwa welcomed me but it was her piano lesson so she then went out. Nanny informed me that Hyun is talking with the ladies by the poolside. Not to disturb them I went directly to the room and slapped my very tired body on the soft sofa and suddenly forgot about the world.

“Dad...daddy,” Hyun Hwa woke me up. “Wake up daddy.”

I slowly sat up and looked at Hyun Hwa who started speaking again, “Dad, you might hurt your back on the sofa.”

I smiled at her cute statement and then patted her head.

I looked at Hyun as she encouraged me by nodding.

“Daddy needs to change first, sweetie,” I told Hyun Hwa.

“Kiss me first. It’s my bedtime already,” Hyun Hwa informed me.

I kissed her on the forehead as I mouthed “Goodnight”

I then went to the closet and changed.

When I went out from the mirror door, I found that I was now all alone inside the room.

I then laid my body on the bed and leave some space for Hyun. I am really tired about something at the moment so I fell asleep as soon as I close my eyes.

I woke up in the middle of the night.

I sat up as I forgot how I fell asleep on Hyun’s bed and remembered that Hyun and Hyun Hwa offered the bed to me earlier.

I glance at the figure who is sleeping soundly beside me.

I reached over her and bid her “Goodnight, sweetie.”

I lay back on the bed and tried my best to sleep again but I can’t, I then face Hyun and stare at her beautiful sleeping face. She’s really beautiful in different angles, in whatever she does, without even trying to be.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and enjoyed the warmth is is giving me.

I just stayed like that, staring at her alluring features when she moved.

She woke up and now was facing me. She was surprised to see me awake.

“You woke up,” I clarified.

“You’re awake,” she checked.

“Can’t sleep,” I answered. I saw some hair messing her face so I brush it off from her face.

Since we are awake and having the whole place too peaceful I finally decided to talk to her about everything.

I sat up and guided her up to lay her head on my chest. I embraced her that made her cuddle closely.

“Sleep back,” making sure that she’s not sleepy anymore.

“How about you?” she looked up at me with her concerned face.

She was really attractive even in the dark. Her eyes full of security, innocence and love, her nose that have made her live through breathing and her very enticing lips that made me crave for her.

I think the talk I want to happen tonight will not happen at all.

I close my eyes and felt as our lips united, starting off with a gentle kiss. Just as I expected the kiss went deeper and I felt both of us moved affectionately. As she continued embracing me, my arms were caressing every part it was holding.

I laid her back on the bed as I went top of her.

Her kisses were satisfying my cravings all the past years. Being away from her on those years really made me miss her so much and yearn for her. All I know now is to give all my love to her.

I took off her clothes when I parted my lips from her. She followed every move I am leading her as I took off my clothes.

When everything was revealed I came over her and whispered “I Love You” on her ears. She responded the same words which I’ve been longing to her and brought me to kiss her back again.

She responds to every kiss I’m giving her, obeying every movement I am guiding her, and minutes after the , I finally came into her as both of us reach the heavens where we shared the most peak of the affection we gave each other.

“I love you, Seo Joo Hyun,” I earnestly told her when both of us were lying on bed below the large blanket. She was making my arm as a pillow as my free arm was wrapped around her waist. We were lying on our side while we face each other.

“I love you, more Jung Yong Hwa,” she responded sincerely that made me locked a kiss on her lips.

------------------------

As always, I woke up earlier than Hyun.

I sat up at gaze at her gorgeous body.

Minutes passed and she started moving, a sign that she’ll be waking up soon.

“Good morning, sweetie,” I spoke as soon her eyes opened at looked at me.

“Good morning, oppa,” she responded as she pulled the blanket with her to kiss me on my cheeks.

She began observing me half – body and finally saw the scar I’ve been hiding from everyone. She looked at me and I smiled at her, thinking today will be the day when both of us will hear each other out.

 “Stop looking at my masculine body,” I gagged.

“Oppa,” she whined.

“Now is the time to talk,” I declared.

Being underneath those sheets will only tempt me so I went to the closet to get something for her to wear as I got something for myself.

I returned bringing a robe for her and let her wear it.

I then guided her to the sofa which is more convenient for serious talks.

I sighed and looked out of nowhere as I think of wasy how to start the conversations. And then I started, “Seeing you struggle so much while telling me the truth about Hyun Hwa made me realized how much you’ve been hurt all these years. No one is to blame, Hyun...”

I began telling her my apologies for my impulsiveness and tell her everything that has happened during the time I broke up with her. Saying I’m out of my mind at that moment having all the crises hovering around me.

How I found her with Jong Hyun at New York and how I found the truth about Hyun Hwa through Jong Hyun whom I thought have been the traitor.

“...I admit that I became mad, but I love you too much to hate you. I keep on opening my mind, that the suffering I am experiencing inside me is equal to the stuggles you’ve encountered. I am really sorry, and I hope you will forgive me, too.”

I can see the tears falling from her eyes and hurts me inside whenever I see her crying.

“I forgave you oppa, on the very day I’ve heard from Tiffany that you came looking for me,” she started. I thought you did not look for me and really meant the break up. It was too late for me to realize that I was too impulsive and too weak to face any problem that comes my way. Just denying it all away and keeping it from anybody not to worry them. I am really sorry for everything.

“I don’t want to use Hyun Hwa to blackmail you so you would not leave me. The day you broke up with me is the day I want to tell you about my pregnancy. It was the day that I found out that I’m pregnant. I waited for you but you never came, and I’m so sorry for not waiting for you to explain.

“Saving my family’s reputation, I left Korea and went to New York and met Soo Young unnie. She helped me to find a job and let me stay at her apartment. She really helped me a lot during my pregnancy. When I was delivering, Jong hyun oppa and I accidentally met and he also helped a lot during my delivery. He promised me that he will not tell anyone about me and he did.

“Hyun Hwa has grown having no dad and I know that it’s all my fault. I’ve been blaming myself for not letting you know. I was just too afraid that you will not accept any of us when I will tell you the truth. I was wrong when I hid her from you, not having you the chance to know all about your daughter, and I am really sorry for that, oppa.

“All I can say is that no matter what happens, oppa, you will always be my first and only love. Those adversity that we have experience, all of it will not hinder me from loving you. I love you so much.”

I was so sad knowing how she suffered while I was away, how it was hard for her to raise Hyun Hwa alone, she may made a mistake but she’s much too innocent to be hated.

I hugged her with all my love and we shared a short kiss afterwards.

I guess the next part would be giving her the grand wedding I promised her.

-----------------------------

“What kind of wedding?” Tiffany asked.

I am with Tiffany and Yoona at the moment, the girls who are into surprises and parties. I am asking them how to propose another wedding to Hyun.

“Cruise wedding,” I informed them.

“That’s great, I hope I was married to you, your’e so romantic, oppa,” Tiffany spoke.

I laughed at her words. “How about Joon?”

She just smiled meaningfully when I mentioned that name.

I just shook my head gradually, my sister really loves Joon that much, that even his name can make her forget to answer me.

“So the plan is, I’ll go take S so both of you can prepare the house. Don’t forget to drop by Krystal’s shop and get the flowers. I’ve called her already and she said she has prepared everything including the candles,” Yoona spoke. She’s becoming organized lately. Maybe because she’s married now, more responsibilities, the more you become responsible.

Tiffany and I went to Krystal’s Flower shop and claimed our order.

“Need some help with this? I can arrange the candles,” Krystal offered.

“Sure, dear,” Tiffany answered for me.

We were about to go out the door when I saw Hyun’s car passing so we waited until the car was out of our view. We just don’t want her to suspect.

As we arrive at the house, we began arranging everything. Making the tulip petals as an aisle going to her room.

Actually, it was Tiffany and Krystal’s artistic ways that made everything beautiful. I just observed how they made everything this way.

When I entered the room after instructing the guard what to do later, all I see is a room filled with flower candles around as the petals of roses made an aisle towards the middle of the queen –sized bed. Aside from the light of the candles, there’s this crystal ball lighted at the center of the bed. I then place the butterfly that I’ll give Hyun. It’s supposed to be Tiffany’s but I think the reason maybe of fate not letting me give it to her was to give it to my wife and child as their couple necklace.

I then add the note beside it.

All I need to do now is to turn off the lights, call yoona that everything is settled, and wait for Hyun to come. I clutch the square box inside my pocket.

The diamond ring that I have been keeping for years will now be worn by its owner. It was mom’s engagement ring that dad gave her. I think I’m making this the first heirloom in our family. I almost forgot all about it, good thing Tiffany made me remember it.

I thought I waited for ages until I can hear the opening of the door as I saw the slim figure of Hyun entering the room. She paused for a while as she observed the room and went directly to the bed.

As she faced her back towards the aisle, I silently went behind her and readied myself to kneel and give her the ring.

I patiently waited as she shriek a little seeing me keeling down before her.

I offered the diamond ring towards her as I see her hand covering . Unbelieving the fact that I was there, proposing a marriage once again.

“Be my wife and be the mother of my offspring...” I spoke.

She smiled down at me as I see the crystals coming out from her eyes.

“I’m your wife already... and I’m the mother of your child...” she said.

I stood up and held her left hand, slipping the ring into her ring finger.

“My marriage proposal was really late... it came after four years of our marriage,” I realized and told her as it made her laughed a bit and cry again.

“I love you,” she uttered.

“I love you, more,” I replied kissing her on the lips.

“I promised to give you a grand wedding. I’ve prepared everything so all you need to do is to be glamorous on our wedding day,” I informed her.

“I’m always glamorous,” I know she was joking, but it’s the fact.

I was amused by her words so I kissed her on her nose.

“Yeah, but a glamorous bride is what I mean,” I clarified.

“I’m a glamorous bride when I wore Pj’s on my exact wedding day. My groom told me so,“ she said that made me remember our on the spot wedding a few years ago.

I held both her hands.

“You will be the most glamorous bride wearing a bridal gown beside me on a cruise wedding,” he finally said.