Chapter 9

Life Changer

[Kai P.O.V]

We heard a loud horn. I look at my side and there is a car being hit by a big lorry. I hug Haejin who sitting beside me to protect her cause we don't know if they will hit us too. "Sir, stop at the roadside." Xiumin said after our car move forward. After it stop, I released Haejin and went out of the car with Xiumin to look at the victim, the car that being crash is in the terrible state. I look at the car side and there's a man who lying there lifeless with blood all over his body.

"Please don't die" I heard a whisper beside me and saw Haejin, covering her face with her hand. Tears b in her eyes. "Why did you come out? Go and get into the car." I told her. I don't want her to see things like this because it once happen to her parents.

Few minutes later, ambulances and polices arrived. I pull Xiumin to the car. "Let's go hyung. Haejin not in a good state, right now." We entered the car. I look at Sehun who hug Haejin. I asked Chanyeol what happen. "After you asked her to get in the car, she get in the car and keep repeating 'please don't die' multiples times. So, to calm her down from crying, Sehun hug her." I nodded. "Sir, drive us home" I told the driver.

>>>>>>

"Noona, let's go in" Sehun said to Haejin who still in his arm. She nodded and released Sehun. "I opened the door and let the guys in." I pull Haejin into our room.

"Haejin, stop thinking about that. Now, sleep, it's eleven" I leave her in the room. Ah- I'm getting crazy. Why must I have a 'temporary' wife that have such a soft hearted and always fragile!?

"Why she's so effected by the accident?" Sehun asked. "If you didn't forget, her parents died in car crashed three years ago." Xiumin told Sehun who give "Ah I remember it now" face. "Are you guys going to crash here or you will cycle back home at night?" I asked them. They shook their head. "We are tired, would be good if we crash here." I nodded.

"Guys.." I look at my right and saw Haejin standing there in her pajamas. She's wearing pants tonight! Suprise suprise. She came and sit beside Sehun. There's the only space left. "Why didn't you sleep?" Baekhyun asked her. She shook her head, "How can I sleep when I'm not sure if you want coffee or food."She said in her sleepy and tired tone. Sometimes, I feel like slapping her real hard because she's so selfless. She care about other people instead of herself.

"No. We don't want anything, now go to sleep." Sehun pulled her and took her to the room. "Hyung, you didn't fall for her, right?" Sehun asked me after sitting down on his seat. "For hundredth time, I do not fall for her or even have feeling for her. We're married couple just for 2 more months" I told him, "I'm going to sleep. There's extra blankets and pillow in the closet near the bathroom" I stand up and went to my room. There is it, a pillow between us again.

"Goodnight, Jongin" Haejin whispered. "Night Haejin"

>>>>>> 1 week after

"Ah! I lost, how!?" Sehun said, can't accept the fact he lose car racing game with Luhan. "You can never defeat me, Sehun" Luhan proudly said. "Kiddies! Food's ready." Haejin call us from kitchen. 'I'm not a kid' 'Kid? No' 'I know I'm short but I'm not a kid' They make me laugh.

"Okay, okay, you guys are not kids. I get it!" Haejin laugh hearing they complaining. "An accident happened last week near the --- mall ......" I switched off the television. Sehun look at me and then at Haejin who her eyes sharply looking at the black screen. "Please let him alive" I know what her talking about, the guy who lying lifeless near the car last week. Yeah, the accident.

"Ah- noona! I have something to show you." Sehun pulled Haejin and make her sit on the sofa. He turn on the laptop in front of him. "Look, Suho hyung cried" I looked at the video and it's Suho hyung crying when we receive our first award when we comeback with Wolf.

Haejin burst into laugh. Sehun look at me and smile. It's look like only Sehun can make Haejin smile when she sad. Get the thought out of your mind, people. I'm not jealous. I just stating the truth

"Today is first of December. Another one month and 14 days Haejin will stay with us.Then, she will live her life" Luhan said, looking down. "Ah, talking about that, two days ago, Joonie unnie has taken her flight to London, to continue her study." Haejin said looking at us. "What it's have to do with you gonna live your life?" Suho asked in confusion. 

"We have talked, and erm.. I'm gonna leave with her in London after we get apart. I already booked a flight to London on 14th January night." She told us which make us startled a bit. For me, a bit. Sehun? Guess it.

"What? London!? And you said we're gonna meet even you apart from Kai hyung?" Sehun asked her. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys, but, that's the only place I can't live without paying and you do know I only have Joonie unnie. If it's meant to be, we will meet eventually" She told  Sehun, his eyes are red. "I will leave you guys brother and sister here." I stood up and pull Luhan and Suho out from the house.

[Haejin P.O.V]

Jongin, Suho and Luhan disappeared behind the door. "Sehun, don't cry. Listen to noona, we will meet if fate want us to meet. Got it?" I asked him who sit still in his seat with his tears flowing down. My tears is coming but there's no way I would make Sehun more sad when he see me crying. "I'm in Korea, you in London. Tell me how we going to meet. It's not easy for EXO to perform in London and it's not easy for you to buy plane ticket to Korea. Live here, noona. Live with us. We can take care of you" Sehun said to me, make my heart dropped.

"No Sehun. I can't live with you guys. I don't want to stay near Jongin anymore after we're apart. That's why I choose to stay with Joonie unnie." I hold his hand. Looking at your brother crying is never will be good. Although we are unbiological brother sister, I still going to call him my brother. Yes, my.

"Noona, other than my mum, you are the woman I love in my life. My sister, my second mum. How can you leave me noona?" He close his face with his hand. Where is the y emotionless Sehun go. I don't want Sehun cry.

"Sehun, please stop crying. Even thousands miles separate us, I will always be your sister, your second mum. I will always be there for you. Now, for noona, stop crying." I wiped histears and hug him. "Please, think again before you go." Sehun told me. I just nod, agree with what he said so, he will stop crying.

"Now this is my Sehun, who don't know what crying is. You red nose look cute!" I tried to cheer up the atmosphere. "The three guys behind the door, you may come in, I know you eavesdropping what we talk" Sehun shout. I completely clueless until those 3 dork come in with sheepish smile. "How did you know, Sehun?" Luhan asked.

"I've known you guys for years" He smiled, although his still sniffing. I turn my head and wipe my tears that come out at the wrong timing. "Sehun-ah, don't be sad. It's unusual to look at our maknae sad. Now cheer up, cause we're going to drag Haejin to EXO messy dorm!" Luhan said make Sehun cheer. I caught Jongin look at Sehun, sadly. I ignored it.

 

 

To be continued ...