49

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            A line of grieving men and woman wove out the entrance of the castle’s gates to the town below. They carried with them flowers, food, and any form of a small offering to give to the royal family as a sign of their condolences for the young princess.

            They stepped up one by one to give their offerings to the young prince who fought with the guards to see the people and give his thanks for their kind thoughts in person. Kai smiled assuredly to each and every person making sure they knew the extent of his appreciation and to let them know that Taura was doing much better. From the people he met, he found out that not only had his own people of Sera come to visit but people from Balma, Genevie, and the other surrounding kingdoms had come as well.

            Some people apologized for their ill behavior from when the two princes and princess visited, while others gave encouraging words for the peace agreement between the three species. This served as a bittersweet moment for Kai who saw firsthand the dual outcome of someone’s near death experience.

            Taura’s condition not only sparked grief and turmoil amongst her close friends and loved ones, but also ignited a wave of empathy and compassion from those who had none. The realization that death and sacrifice was universal and that Taura was willing put her own life on the line if it meant she could save the lives of others only came at moments like this.

            It didn’t matter if Kai, Sehun, and Taura were different physically. Their mindsets were one. They only wanted peace and for their people to be safe.

            “My family and I wish for princess Taura’s quick recovery, your highness,” An older gentleman bowed while his wife and two kids each handed a flower to Kai.

            “Thank you,” The prince bowed to the family out of thanks as they were ushered away by an awaiting guard.

            “Your highness that is all you have time for today. I’m sorry.” A consultant came and whispered to Kai who looked wistfully at the crowd of awaiting people. They’d waited so long to give their gifts that it would be a shame to turn them away.

            “Have the guards accept the remaining gifts and send the flowers to the maids, the food to the kitchen and so forth. Make sure everyone is taken care of, please.” Kai patted the man’s shoulder before bowing to the crowd of people. He slipped inside the castle doors, breathing out a sigh of relief while wiping the sweat from his brow.

            Still holding onto the flowers that the family gave him, Kai gently caressed the petals before heading in the direction of Taura’s room.

            The room was bright from the open curtains when Kai entered expecting to see someone sitting in the corner. Though to his surprise Sehun was not there.

            “No visitors today, princess?” Kai spoke normally as if Taura was awake not seeing the point to whisper or remain quiet. He placed the flowers in a vase by the bed where all of the flowers were before sitting down on the bed. Adjusting the sheets over her body, Kai sighed, “It’s been a week princess.”

       

Please log in to read the full chapter