Change

❉ Slave of Love ❉

(MINHO)

Idiot. I was an idiot. What was I doing? Why did I just hug a slave? It didn't matter that she had just been , I had seen that happen hundreds of times. Why was Yuri so different? #238... #238... I would need to start calling her by her number or the Boss would be suspicious.

I walked out of the playroom with my hands shoved into my pockets and saw a Playhouse worker holding Yuri by her hair and dragging her to someplace.

"Hey," I said. "This one belongs in my room of slaves I'm her caretaker," I said.

"Since when have you cared about which slave is whose? Whatever, man. Take her. She's a bother anyways," the worker said. He let go of her hair and her head hit the floor when I saw that she was already unconscious. I picked her up, bridal style, and took her to her cage... Er, room. Rooms were what they were called,but they were really just cages.

"Yuri!" #164 (Hyoyeon) said, running up to her and trying to take her away from me. #164 gave me a look of hatred as she tried gently pulling on Yuri, but I shoved her back, putting Yuri down myself.

"Relax. I'll take care of her. She's unconscious, so dont surprise her when she wakes up," I reminded them.

"Get away! Get out, you monster!" #231 (Seohyun) said. "And get your hands off our Yuri."

Right when I was about to kick her or spit on her, or something, I stopped and looked around. #96 (Taeyeon) was in the corner of the room, hiding herself from me. The other girls kept their distance and in all of their eyes was hate. Hatred toward me.

and for once, I didn't blame them. 

"O-okay. Here, give this jacket to her when she wakes up and make sure she feels okay," I said subconsciously, taking off my oversized cot which could, hopefully, cover Yuri's whole body. I draped it over her cold, still body and I swept her hair out of her face.

She really was beautiful, that girl Yuri. 

I walked out and was halfway out the door when I turned around, looking the other girls each straight in the eye and saying something I had never said before in my entire life.

"I'm sorry. And tell Yuri, I mean, um, #238 that when she wakes up," I said. And then I walked out.

What was wrong with me? Why was I changing? Life was hard when you had feelings. Life was easy when you didn't have feelings. That was what I had learned from my past (A/N: Minho's past soon to be revealed ^^)

Then I did something even crazier than before.

"Let's get your place cleaned up, huh?" I said, walking back to Yuri's room and seeing the girls' eyes widen in shock as I went on my knees and starting cleaning up.

 

(YURI)

Cold. I was cold. That was the first thing I realized when I woke up. Then, the memories came flooding back.

. Pain.

I realized there was coat on top of me... How did that get there? It wasn't like the Playhouse to give us coats; they didn't care about us as long as we were alive and able to bring them money.

"Yuri!" Yoona exclaimed, running to me and smiling in relief. "You're awake..."

She was shivering. So was everyone else. "Here, you guys share the jacket with me," I said motioning for me to come near me. "How did this get here anyways?"

The girls exchanged glances. Awkward glances. 

"What? What is it?" I asked.

"First of all, are you okay, Yuri?" Sooyoung asked me. "We all had our first times in the Playrooms be the toughest..."

"I'm not okay, but I'm alive," I replied honestly. "Now how is this coat here? Is the Playhouse treating us better now?"

"Better? Oh please, I wish," Sunny said. "No... Um... Well, Minho. Our 'caretaker', he came in carrying you... Actually carrying you. Not pulling or dragging you but he carried you and let you come here gently. And then he gave you the coat and then... he apologized to all of us. Oh god. Oh god this was weird. Then he cleaned up our cages Yuri. What do you think happened? Why is he so different?"

Cleaned? Gave? Apologized? Impossible. The emotionless guy who had brutally taken me away from my family couldn't have cared about us.

But in the back of my mind, a small spark of hope lit up in me. I looked around and saw a clean room. Minho came back to give us our daily rations of food, and I noticed two things.

1) He brought 3 extra pieces of bread. And more water, too.

2) There was emotion in his eyes. There was feeling. I saw it. It wasn't much, but his eyes had just a glint of compassion in them. And the corners of my mouth came up into a tiny smile.