Episode 4: Let's get to know each other...

We Got Married: ChangYoon Edition [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BEHIND THE SCENES

Message to DBSK Changmin-sunbae, from Yoona:

Changmin-sunbae! My members went crazy when they found out. ㅋㅋㅋThey already thought of several couple names for us. Some of them are actually kind of nice, but the others just sound weird. Ah… I suddenly feel the pressure to do well as a “wife”. I hope I don’t embarrass you or myself too much…

Message to Yoona (SNSD), from Changmin:

Going crazy is normal for girls though, so that’s alright. Yunho-hyung just nodded his head and proceeded to lecture me about treating you well. I feel the pressure too… but I’m sure you’ll do better than me. See you tomorrow, Yoona?ㅋㅋㅋ

Message to DBSK Changmin-sunbae, from Yoona:

We’ll just have to do our best! I know we can make this workㅋㅋㅋYes~ see you tomorrow!

* * * *

Yoona stifled a yawn from escaping her lips as she tipped her glasses higher up the bridge of her nose. It was a beautiful and sunny day, and it was made even prettier by the lot of flowers she saw blooming outside the small café the WGM staff and crew had chosen for her and her husband to meet that day.

She flipped through the diary Seohyun had given her carefully, turning to the page where she wrote an entry on the first night of filming the show and grinned at the messages her members had left on the next page. They’d yanked the book from her even before she could even blink and started shrieking when they saw Changmin’s name written on the first line of the page. It was torture after that as Yoona was pulled apart (metaphorically) by the screams and hysterical laughter her sisters had made that night. She had known they would react – she just didn’t expect them to react so violently.

The messages were more or less the same: Some of them were encouraging, like Jessica, Sunny and Seohyun’s who wrote that they wished them “well in their marriage and I hope you get to see your marriage house soon so you can invite us to dinner some time!”. Some were written in disbelief like Yuri and Hyoyeon’s “Our Yoona is married to our friend Changmin! I can’t believe this!” – scrawled in their messy handwriting. And the rest were just crazy: Taeyeon and Tiffany had thought of a variety of couple names (“YoonMin!” “Max-Yoona!” “ChangYoon!” “That awkward ramen couple, good luck!!!”), while Sooyoung only drew a picture of SNSD laughing in the middle of the page.

Yoona wasn’t exactly sure how to take the excitement her members had expressed for her marriage but it was a lot better than nothing. She grinned to herself as she read the messages one by one; chuckling at how lucky she was that her members were supportive despite teasing her mercilessly for a day and a half since the first filming day.

Her fingers drifted onto the page Changmin had written a message for her as well and her grinned inexplicably widened.

* * * *

Changmin wrote in your diary, right? What did it say?

Yoona: [grins] Sorry, but I can’t say. I thought about telling you last night but I figured it would be better if I kept it to myself for awhile until I’m ready. This could be something viewers could look forward to finding out, you know? [laughs] I will tell you one thing though… the letter is uncharacteristically sweet. Sunbae’s a pretty smooth writer, I must say. Even my members thought so when they stole my diary from me.

How did your members react when they found out?

Yoona: They went crazy. [laughs] I’m not joking! I really thought that our dorm would start crumbling over at all the ruckus my unnis made once they found out. They were really surprised to hear that I got paired up with Changmin. The moment they read his name in my diary, they literally flipped out and started screaming.They seemed to really like the idea of the two of us though… I don’t know why but that’s a relief.

 

[ MC#1: She says the letter was sweet.
Omo, they’re such a strange couple.
They’re awkward and sweet at the same time.

MC#2: I predict that there will be a lot of skinship in the future.

MC#1: [grins] I was thinking the same thing!
I really hope so too! ]

* * * *

The café’s door chimed at the entry of a new customer and Yoona looked up from her seat, squinting as the bright morning light temporarily blurred her vision. Changmin stood before her with a smile and waved, nudging his bag onto his shoulder as he stepped towards her slowly.

The very few customers who were there instantly hushed at his entry and stared wide-eyed as Changmin pulled out the seat in front of her and settled in comfortably. And with the way they secretly whispered to each other while openly staring after the table they sat at, Yoona knew instantly that they were just some of the viewers who had caught the show the night before. Thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter