Episode 10: First Night at Home

We Got Married: ChangYoon Edition [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Screen begins with a news reel regarding DBSK’s extended Japanese Concert Tour and Yoona’s Love Rain promotions.]

Changmin: We ended up decorating our new house apart because of the conflict in our schedules.

Yoona: He had to extend his Japanese concert tour and I had to promote and film Love Rain, so we decided to pitch in decorating the house even when we were apart. (starts counting off with her fingers) I bought the new curtains…

Changmin: I put them (curtains) up the windows. I brought some extra cooking supplies from my dorm and set them up too. I bought new bed sheets…

Yoona :I had my manager help me dress the bed with the sheets he bought, and I also started arranging our kitchen together.

Changmin: And then, Yunho-hyung helped me rearrange the furniture around to open up the rooms in the house. (nods) Eventually we were able to get everything done even without seeing each other.

Yoona:It was team effort. I really like how the house turned out right after we finished.

You seem to be a little disappointed. Would you have liked to have decorated together?

Yoona: Yes. I really would have liked to decorate the house with Changmin-oppa.

Changmin: Because of our responsibilities, Yoona and I don’t really have time to film together as much as most couples can. I wanted to experience arranging a home together with her but… (sighs) Ah… It was a little lonely.

Yoona: It felt lonely doing things by myself but decorating our house separately wasn’t entirely so bad. I don’t think so anyway. I’m sure there will be a chance for us to do something together at home.

 

* * * *


[Screen opens at an airport gate. Fans are gathered all around, screaming and chanting as two male figures push through the crowd and into a V.I.P. hallway.]

[ MC#1: Oh, Dong Bang Shin Ki is back in Korea!

MC#2: They took a long time in Japan again for their concert.
(grins) Changmin must be missing his wife, right?

MC#1: The last episode we saw them together was really sweet.
I might not have seen it before but they really do look good together.

MC#2: What I really want to see is how people will react when they call each other.

MC#1: Oh yes, they agreed on adding ‘my’, didn’t they? ]

 

Changmin let out a haggard breath once he finally reached a quiet corner, out of the throngs of fans screaming and grabbing him along the airport walkway. Running his hand through his disheveled hair, he adjusted his bag over his shoulder as Yunho and his manager joined him at his corner. It had been a long flight and neither one of them wanted to waste anymore waiting in a quiet hallway.

“Welcome back, hyung.” He told Yunho who was stretching his limbs out to relieve the pressures of their fans’ excessive love. The older man grinned at his direction and nodded, patting him on the shoulder.

“Are you ready to live your life as a married man?” Yunho teased casually, wiggling his eyebrows just as Changmin’s cheeks burned in embarrassment. They started towards the exit, carrying their luggage along the way into the darkened garage. It amused him how shy Changmin still was after all these years in the industry and wanted nothing more than to pick at him while they were still together. “Yoona might be waiting for you already. I heard from Jessica that she finished her ‘Love Rain’ filming for the week.”

“Yeah, she sent me a message about it.” Changmin replied coolly, shrugging his friend’s hand off his shoulder as though he was shrugging his teasing innuendos as well. He threw his luggage into the trunk without a second thought and helped his hyung with his as well before closing the door. “I don’t know about her waiting though, since she has another schedule lined up today.”

“Aww, that’s too bad.” Yunho mumbled, opening the car door to pile in ahead with which Changmin followed suit silently.

They settled into their car and quickly pulled out of the garage just as a barrage of fans started towards them. It took awhile but eventually buildings came into view and the flowing water of the Han River filled their surroundings. It was silent inside the vehicle with their manager sleeping in the front seat and Yunho listening to his iPod as soon as they left the airport. Changmin was left to stare down at his phone, thinking of whether to call or send a message to his TV-wife about his return.

He frowned to himself, his brows knitting together as Yoona’s name and number engraved itself in his mind. A part of him wanted to call and hear her voice, but another felt strange about wanting that and opted for a message instead. Call or Message. It was a weird category to choose from and he felt more inclined to cop out than doing what he really wanted.

“Just call her already.” Yunho said suddenly, surprising Changmin out of his reverie. He watched as the taller of the two fumbled a bit as his phone sprang out of his hands in surprise and glared at him. “You’re being such a child. I know you’ve been meaning to call her all this time. Why else would you watch the same episodes of Love Rain every night since it came out?”

“It’s called ‘monitoring’, and I have not been meaning to call her all this time.” Changmin argued, taking a quick jab at him in the stomach. It bothered him a little how Yunho managed to get that tidbit out of him when he’d been so sure to hide it well. Guess there was something to be said about his years of being a leader – nothing gets past Jung Yunho now.

Yunho stifled a guffaw while Changmin kept himself from knocking his hyung’s teeth in. “Pssh. Sure, Changmin, keep telling yourself that… maybe you’ll actually believe it.”

“I have every right to call my wife.” He argued, rolling his eyes instead and faced the window.

“Yep.”

“So I’m calling her now.” He added, his fingers hovering over the button and weighing the pros and cons inside his head.

“You do that.” Yunho replied laughingly.

“Right.”

“Just push the button, Shim.”

And so Changmin did.

 

[ MC#1: (laughs) I never thought I’d ever see TVXQ’s MAX nervous!

MC#2: (nods and grins) I think it’s very refreshing.
He must like his wife more than we thought. ]
 

* * * *


< Meanwhile, in the Changmin-Yoona house… >
< What could the wife be doing? >

 

[Screen opens with a very busy Yoona moving around the kitchen. Cuts to a pot of boiling soup while the young SNSD member sliced cubes of tofu into the dish.]

Are you a good cook?

Yoona: I’m not that great a cook, but I have an aunt who is and whenever she’s around I liked to help her as much as I can. (laughs with a blush) I was a tomboy back then but I loved food and so I think it came naturally for me to want to know how to make them. (bites lip) I am nervous of what Changmin-oppa might say though. I really hope I don’t screw this soup up.

(laughs) We’re sure he’ll like it.

Yoona: (nods and grins) I hope so!

 

“Alright. So tofu, check. Onions, check. Chili powder, check. What else am I missing?” Yoona thought out loud, drumming her fingers against her cheek as she looked around the kitchen.

It was fully furnished now, thanks to her older sister’s help, and was as cozy as she wanted it to be. A few plates and glasses adorned the shelves, along with small pots and pans for cooking. Her father had come by with groceries the day before and so the refrigerator was well-stocked as well, filled with all sorts of food and drinks any new home needed.

Yoona felt thankful for her family’s support of her joining

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter