☭ ━ welcome to camp

☭ ━ in demigods we trust 『 apply open! 』
tumblr_static_camp_half_blood.gif
locations

 

Module_300_char_camp.jpg

CAMP HALF BLOOD
situated in the beautiful island of Jeju-do, Camp Half Blood is considered home of the Greek demigods. it is rumored that South Korea is simply the house of the Asian sector of the Camp, and that the main branch is situated in the United States of America, however none of this has been proven true so far. directed by the always-absent-probably-drunk Dionysus ( or Ryu Seung Ryong, his Korean "undercover" name ) and his trusty side-kick, an aged centaur named Jung Bo Suk, who doubles as the coordinator for the campers' various activities. it was once described as the only safe haven for demigods, however this had been proven false during the Titan War with the emergence of Roman demigods from Camp Jupiter. campers can usually be distinguished by the orange Camp Half Blood shirt and the bead necklace symbolizing every summer of camp.

 

tumblr_m3u8gwCToA1r6fjdqo4_250.png

CABINS
the cabins represent each of the Olympians. however, since the Titan War, cabins for minor gods and goddesses were also built. each camper is separated based on their cabins, and thecabins themselves are decorated in honor of their respective godly parent. ( with the exceptions of the cabins for the goddesses ) one cabin usually only has one counselor.

 

tumblr_m3ueljdlib1rvz04so1_500.jpg

 DINING PAVILLION
 this is where breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served. the food served is rather uniform,  however campers can wish for anything to drink ( alcohol not included ). a bonfire is  set up in  the middle where before each meal, campers offer a small porton of their meal to their godly parents. this is the only time when campers are not allowed to mingle with those not from their cabins.

 

tumblr_m59ofa2cHp1rqqdvu.jpg

 THE FOREST
 entrance is not allowed if a camper does not have weapons or companions with them because  of the dangers present in the forest. however, it is almost set that by the end of every week,  campers play capture-the-flag in the area. if you are granted permission by the directors and  your camp counselor, you will be allowed to enter the area to hunt for monsters as training.

 

percy-jackson-sea-of-monsters-lake-at-su

 THE LAKE
 although Camp Half Blood is already situated in Jeju-do Island, meaning the beaches are easily  accessible, most campers tend to stay inside camp borders to prevent monster attacks. the lake  near the Poseidon cabin is a favourite spot to hang out in and appeases the needs of the  campers to swim due to the summer heat.

 

farmhouse.jpg

 THE BIG HOUSE
 the Big House is  the only villa found in camp. it is where most meetings and councils are held  because of major problems arising within the camp or before a quest. the attic is where the  previous ( cursed ) oracle resided. this also where both directors, and special guests, usually  stay.

 

training%20field%20-%20green%20(Small).j

 TRAINING GROUNDS
 the training grounds is a wide field where most of the other sheds reside in. though most of the  time campers train here, the field is also home to the following places: the armory, Hephaestus  Cabin Forgery, the medical tent, the stables, and the Greek theatre ( where most of the announcements are made ) to name a few.

 

spqr_rome.jpg

 CAMP JUPITER
 hidden near the mountains that make up the border of Kangwon ( North Korean province ) and  Gangwon ( South Korean province ) is where Camp Jupiter is settled. unlike Camp Half Blood's  "safe haven," Camp Jupiter was built to protect and train both the children of Roman gods and their  legacies ( legacies being descendants of the gods, usually children/grandchildren of demigods ).  the camp is also run based on the Roman system, with two praetors ( currently Yi Shinwoon,  daughter of Apollo, and Kris Wu, son of Jupiter ), a senate, an augur ( currently Lu Han, a  legacy  of Apollo ), and five cohorts that act much like the cabins in Camp Half Blood. each cohort is  lead  by two Centurions. campers usually wear a purple SPQR shirt with a tattoo on their right forearm,  a series of lines are usually inked in to signify how many years you've been serving in camp.

 

http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/images/Barracks%20Peshmerga.jpg

 BARRACKS
 each cohort is set to have four barracks with ten bunks. the barracks are also dependent on  which cohort you are placed in, not who your godly parent is. the better your cohort, the  grander your barracks. the fifth usually gets the short end of the stick.  the praetors are trying to  find a solution to this ( as Kris was from the fifth originally ) but have yet to bring anything to test.

 

rome_colosseum4.jpg

 NEW ROME
 a bustling town guarded by Camp Jupiter. New Rome is where retired legionnaires ( those who  have served for at least ten years ) usually go to college or build a family. there are many  different shops there and is said to lead a bustling night life. the Senate House, a forum filled  with statues honoring the gods and goddesses, and the colosseum are all found in New Rome.

 

9737558.jpg

 THE PRINCIPIA
 right smack in the middle of the camp is the Principia, otherwise known as the villa wherein  centurions, senates, and the two praetors reside in. a section of the estate is also where the  praetors' offices are held. it is closed off to outsiders, though, and only those with permission  from at least two of the officers residing in the Principia are allowed.

 

Triclinium_-_Arch%C3%A4ologische_Staatss

 MESS HALL
 unlike in Camp Half Blood, Camp Jupiter's dining time usually serves as their mingling hours as  well. though most of the time, campers sit within their cohorts, it isn't against the rules to join  any  of your friends from other cohorts. they dine roman style with low couches and tables, and  do  not make offerings for the gods. the Lares ( Roman ghosts ) bring in whatever food you'd  like.

 

4456962-forest-field.jpg

 FIELD OF MARS
 usually where the war games, marching drills, and the occasional monster hunts are held. the  Field of Mars at times also serves as the legionnaires' training grounds and is accessible to all.  children of Vulcan are usually responsible for every war game's fort, and makes sure that no  fort is used twice, thus making it seem as if the Field of Mars is ever changing.

 

slide5.jpg

 THE GARDEN OF BACCHUS
 situated near Temple Hill the Garden of  Bacchus is the only place within Camp Jupiter that  provides peace and comfort. most campers usually hang out around here whenever they can  manage to sneak out. the praetors themselves turn a blind eye to slacking legionnaires  whenever they are there. Venus children are especially fond of this romantic area.

 

 

tumblr_static_camp_half_blood.gif
important terms

 

 

satyrs-afternoon-patrick-hiatt.jpg

 FAUNS vs SATYRS
 fauns and satyrs are complete opposites, even though they are of the same species ( minor gods of the  wild ). in Camp Half Blood, satyrs are searches and protectors for demigods until they reach camp. in Camp  Jupiter, however, they are seen as lazy beggars who are important for nothing else other than  entertainment purposes.

Lar_romano_de_bronce_(M.A.N._Inv.2943)_0

 LARES
 Lares are Roman deities said to guard Ancient Roman families, in the modern world however, they are  known better as "Roman Ghosts." granted, they are actually ghosts ( who can do a lot of ghostly things ),  however, since they cannot be subjected to the control of Pluto's children, they refused to be called ghosts.  Lares are the guardians of Camp Jupiter and often each cohort has one.

 

『 to add more later 』