One

The Neighborhood's Neko

   

Chapter 1

Girls' Generation - Baby Maybe

 

 

        As the sun reached its high point, shining proud and high, you could tell this morning was a beautiful Saturday morning. The birds were singing new melodies, the sky was clear and blue, but it was a shame that Kris had work. He did his usual early routines- taking a warm shower, brushing his teeth, making himself some toaster waffles, and dressed himself up in his finest work attire. For Kris, he finds himself slowing growing as a workaholic as he works day and night shifts as vice president for Landon Incorporation, known for creating the finest, most luxurious cars known to man. He had no wife, no girlfriend, nor does he have any children, he had somehow convinced himself to make his work his lovely bundle of joy, but it seems his bundle of joy has been causing him much stress lately.

A sigh escaped from his lips as he ran his hand through his hair that was neatly styled—well until he had messed it up. He tugged on his tie trying to loosen it up a bit, before reaching out towards his cup of coffee. He took in the scent and hummed against the cup as the dark liquid poured into his mouth. As the bitter substance ran down his throat, the door cracked open slightly revealing a male with a tinted caramel hair color. Kris looked up and his eyes landed on the male and a small smile graced his lips.

"Hello, Kris." The male greeted returning a smile back at him.

Kris placed the cup down and walked towards him, the male opened the door wider; stepped inside and shut the door behind him, "How have you been?" 

Kris raises his eyebrows and stared at his friend. "Could I really tell you, Yixing?" He asked his friend with a questioning look.

Yixing let out a warm laugh and walked in comfortably and sat down in one of the chairs that were available in Kris' office, and pointed to the chair that was right in front of his. He motioned his friend to take a seat, "Confess everything, maybe you should confess your growing love for me while your at it." Yixing say teasingly and Kris held back a laugh, a smile appeared on his face and he took a seat.

"Well, let's see. No girlfriend and no time to enjoy to myself. That's the only problem I have right now." Kris replied and sat back into his chair, biting on his bottom lip as he waited for his friend to reply. This friend of his, Zhang Yixing, this man always had the answers. Any problem you have, the answer lay within this one man.

"Well, if you're desperate for a lady friend, maybe you should go to the club not to far away here. Xiumin and I go there all the time, and we do have a few lady friends waiting for us there almost every Friday night," The younger man replied with a chuckle as he pulled a card out of the pocket of his pants and showed his older friend the card. The card had the address of the club in it and Kris took it out of his hand apprehensively and gave it a long stare before putting it into the inside pocket of his white dress shirt.

"Thank you. I'll think about it," Kris replied with a soft smile, Yixing shot him a small smirk.

 

-

Kris didn't think about it later that night, in fact once he got out of his office he got into his car and drove to the address Yixing had given him. If going to this club was going to solve his loneliness problems then he was going to give it a try. He wasn't a big fan of clubs, in fact he's not a fan at all, but just for the heck of it, he'll give clubbing a try.

When he got there, he was greet by two familiar faces, Luhan and Yixing. They smiled at him as he got out of the car and instantly got by his side. 

"Aye, Kris. What a weird sight seeing you here." Luhan said wrapping his arm around over Kris' shoulder.

Kris stared down at the honey blonde man as he managed to let out a little, awkward cough, "Weird indeed, but I decided that I'd come here. "

"Why-"

"Please don't ask why." Kris interrupted Luhan as he looked down at his fancy slacks, deciding if he was going to regret his decision coming here or not.

Luhan nodded approvingly and he broke into a wide smile. "Kris my dear, once you step into that building, that is when your life will start," Luhan says with a assuring pat on his back and Kris took in a deep breath.

The moment the little group entered the club all eyes instantly landed on them. The ladies snickered and smirked at the new man Luhan and Yixing had brought along with them tonight, a few stared fiecely at the man as many thoughts ran through their mind. Kris broke from the gaze and stared down at his feet. Luhan patted his friend's back in a gentle matter and Kris turned to him glaring at him. He wasn't a kid, he was a grown man.

"My my, Yixing my dear who did you bring with you today?" A lady with long brown hair asked running her finger along Yixing's chest in a seductive way. Kris frowned in disapproval, and forced his eyes to gaze somewhere else around the club.

"A friend of mine. To answer all your questions, no you won't be able to get him in your bed, he's a toughie," Yixing replied to her action and Luhan let out a loud laugh. Kris who didn't whatever that was said continue to study the club with sharp eyes.

The female pouted ever so cutely, "Aw, that's a bummer, he's a hottie."

Yixing raises his eyebrows and smiled. "Sorry Gina, try someone else." 

Gina frowned and nodded slowly as if she's still denying the fact she could get the handsome young man in her bed. "Okay, see you around." 

 

-

That night, Kris went wild. He went completely crazy and released his soul to go free. He had only two cups of alcohol, but still his brain went dead. He wasn't a good drinker, he really didn't like drinking either.

"My dear, would you care for another drink?" A familiar voice cooed into his ear, Kris' head shot up and turned to the voice. The person in front of him was just a blur to him, he couldn't make out who it was. 

"Heh, no thanks. I'm all good, I'm having so much fun, Rainbow Dash is letting me brush her beautiful rainbow hair," Kris cooed back, his voice going up into a high pitch. He suddenly started to sing and Gina smiled. She knew he was gone from this world, for all she knows, he could be in the world where there's talking ponies and unicorns flying around.

"Could I see your phone, I-" Gina started, but was cut off with a sharp glare from Luhan and Yixing.

"I told you to try someone else," Yixing says before lifting Kris up and glancing at Luhan. Luhan nodded and helped him, before the three headed out the club.

-

Yixing and Luhan had dropped off Kris at his house and headed home, leaving a drunk Kris to wander around his house, unattended and left alone. It wasn't long until the effects of the alcohol started to wear off and Kris got himself a glass of water and a few pills to help him regain his brain back.

"Damn," he muttered under breath with his hands gripping his head tightly. He let out a sigh, giving up because he knew the ringing in his head won't ever go away and walked towards his window. He opened it and poked his head outside taking in the fresh air and the exquisite sight of the moon in front of him. His eyes were gazing over the stars, the sound of a whimper caught his attention and his eyes shot over to the big oak tree in front of his house. 

 

Being the curious man he was, he decided to go ahead and check out what was behind his oak tree. He was scared that it would be a hurt puppy or so, so he rushed over to behind the oak tree and discovered a black plastic bag. A big plastic bag.

He kicked it with his foot and earned another whimper. The man staggered back quickly, because instead of a dog like whimper, it sounded human. His eyes widen up to the size of golf balls, why did that sound so human? Did someone kill someone and placed the person underneath his oak tree? His heart skipped a beat as he stared at the bag, he was curious yet afraid to open it.

He decided to just forget he ever heard or saw anything, and without a second thought he turned around and headed towards his front door again, but a voice stopped him. The voice sent shivers down his spine and made his heart stop. The voice was smooth, crisp and sweet as the sweetest cotton candy.

 

"Don't go."

 

 


Ha, we hoped you guys liked that chapter. We spent forever xD

Ha, any ways the next chapter won't come out as long, so please wait for it. But we can't make promises, we are very busy people.

-Exquisitely & --Thatxx

Word count: 1556