Unfortunate

Between The Color Crimson

June of 2013

The girls shuddered as they read the news reports, desperately hoping that their beloved friend was going to be found safe and back soon.

During that night, the girls thought it was a prank Kyungsoo was pulling. But the next day when his mother called to ask if he spent the night, they were hit with the realization that the boy wasn’t playing, and that something serious was actually happening. There was absolutely no evidence to point the police into any direction.

They were all lost, feeling hopeless every day since his disappearance.

Sadly, there were even more reports nearly exactly like Kyungsoo’s, strange unexplainable disappearances that were never solved and probably will never be solved.

The reports were counted endlessly over the summer, missing girl here, missing boy there and so the small town grew more depressed as their citizens were suddenly disappearing. Bizarre enough, all the missing people were in their teenage or early adult years. There were none older or younger.

Since their friend’s disappearance, the girls never really smiled anymore, keeping to themselves and starting to grow distant with their families and other friends.

But the one who was most depressed was Yoon Ara, her usual peppy self was dissolved to a moping mess. She has had a crush on Kyungsoo since middle school. Everybody knew it, the way she smiled when he appeared, how extra nice she was and always doing what he asked her to do.

Kang Eunmi held herself pretty well when she is in public, trying to be supportive and positive for her broken friends. Even though she knew very well how broken she was as well, sometimes just breaking down in her room with tears of frustration and regret of things she didn’t have control over.

But Eunmi stood there for her friends, trying to be the sun in their dark thoughts.

The reports of missing people kept filing in, in newspapers, radio and even on the news. It adds up and was really starting to get in their minds. They just felt lucky one of them hasn’t been taken yet; it would have just been another person to cry for.

Lastly, Lee Minhae, she tried her best to comfort Ara, hoping to control her emotions to a stable level that she can still be intact with reality and sometimes just let tears escape because she was starting to lose hope in this mess too.

 

Their parents have notice how upset the girls were, they also thought the town was starting to be unsafe and started looking for houses elsewhere but somewhere where all three families would be close together so that the girls would be together.

Finally finding the perfect town, low crimes and no missing reports they moved there with high hopes of turning the frowns on the girl’s faces.

~~~~~~~~~~

September of 2013

Ara, Minhae and Eunmi have started to enjoy their new surroundings and houses, smiling a bit more now but still scarred with the loss of their best friend.

“Bye sweetie, have fun.” Eunmi’s mother kissed her daughter’s forehead and held firmly onto the girl’s shoulders.

“Yes mom.” She conjured up a small smile.

 

The three girls’s walked to school with the uncertainty of being the outcast. Clutching the straps of their backpacks and walking steadily in the warm, sunny weather.

“How do you think first day will turn out?” Minhae spoke out. Eunmi stared at Minhae but Ara remained silent and kept her eyes to the ground.

“Who knows.” Eunmi answered.

 

They enter the courtyard and groups of students fill the area, talking, laughing and here and there staring at the new girls with distaste.

“I’m scared.” Ara whispered out, but Eunmi and Minhae heard it perfectly and hooked their arms with the girl.

“Don’t worry, we’ll make more friends in a couple of weeks.” Minhae reassured her.

 

The girls hugged before splitting up to their classes.

Eunmi landed in Science class for first period, wrinkling her nose she went up the board to view the seating chart. She scanned the list for her name and viewed the name of the person who was going to sit next to her. Oh Sehun.

“Who’s Oh Sehun?” Eunmi said under her breath. She turned around from the board and walked to her seat.

After a couple of seconds the bell rings and the students fill in the surrounding seats. Before Eunmi realized, the seat next to her was already occupied.

She turned her head and was met with a very attractive guy, someone that is really a head turner. Platinum hair messily brushed up with gel, perfect skin and a crisp V-neck and black skinny jeans.

Totally the dream boy of any teenage girl.

Eunmi blushed and quickly returned her attention to the front of the class where the teacher was explaining the rules for the class.

 

At lunch, Eunmi looked around for her friends, finally spotting them squished into the corner of a table she walks over to them with her food. She placed her tray down and sat down in front of them.

“So how was the classes?” Minhae asked while stabbing her plastic fork into the half-cooked pasta, frowning, she places her fork down and looks at Eunmi for an answer.

“Well, there was this really hot guy in first period, like he is the definition of perfection.” Eunmi replied smiling and started stabbing the lettuce in her salad to eat.

“You mean that guy over there?” Minhae pointed with her fork at the round table full of guys, Eunmi’s eyes soon met with the messy platinum haired guy and nodded slowly, starring dreamily at him.

“Yeah that’s him, the one with platinum hair, Oh Sehun. In class he never shows an expression, seems nearly the same around his friends as I see.” Eunmi responded.

“Have you tried flirting yet? You’re pretty, I’m sure he’ll show some interest, maybe he might be in your fifth or sixth period.” Minhae suggested and started stealing some lettuce from Eunmi.

“Um sure, I guess.”

 

Minhae was right, in sixth period she was again met with an expressionless Sehun. Her seating was again next to him.

She sat down hesitantly, terrified that she might do something stupid or off putting.

Sehun stared at the girl who was now blushing madly; he then slowly returned his attention at the empty board.

After about fifteen minutes into class the teacher ordered the students to just get talk and get to know each other.

Eunmi smiled excitedly and turned to Sehun, she crossed her fingers and hoped for the best of the outcome and tapped his shoulder.

Sehun turned to face the smiling girl but then turned back to “reading his book”, but he was really typing a message on his phone that he was hiding under the table.

Eunmi frowned at his response but none the less put back on the smile and confidently spoke out.

“Who are you texting?”

No response.

“Are you single?” Eunmi asked.

“No.” Sehun answered sternly.

“Are you texting your girlfriend, she must be lucky, you’re pretty hot.” Eunmi quickly covered as she just realized what she said, her face turned cherry red and really wondered where all that came from. She would never think that she would come out like that to someone she liked.

Sehun didn’t respond and continued to text on his phone.

The teacher called for attention and Sehun returned to the homepage on his phone before quickly snapping off his phone and slipping it back into his pocket. But Eunmi saw for a split second the picture on his phone, a blurry picture of someone with brown hair and a pretty smile, and supposed it was his girlfriend.

 

After class Eunmi gathered up the papers that were passed to her, a syllabus and some other things. She looked up from her spot and saw Sehun hug someone just outside the door, someone with brown hair.

Eunmi quickened her pace and just shoved the papers into her already filled binder, before rushing to the door way, she peeked from behind the door and noticed Sehun smiling at the person she now noticed as a boy.

Her eye’s widened and was agape as she saw Sehun locked hands with the boy and smiled at him.

“He’s gay??” Eunmi thought it over in her head, but she just wouldn’t get it straight into reality.

 

“Minhae, Ara.” Eunmi said, walking with her friends back home. The two girls turned their attention to her, sensing it sounded sort of serious.

“Yeah Eunmi?” Minhae responded.

“I found out that Sehun’s gay…” Eunmi exclaimed.

“What’s the proof?” Minhae asked.

“Well, the picture on his phone is supposedly a boy with brown hair who is smiling.” Eunmi started.

“He might just be close to his friend.” Minhae stated.

“He was with the same boy after class, they held hands.“

“Their friends then.” Minhae said bluntly before taking out a water bottle and started drinking it.

“But he smiled at him when they held hands, and you saw at lunch he wasn’t smiling to any friend.” Eunmi argued.

“They’re just friends, don’t overreact with things like you always do. Until there is proof, like real proof, he’s straight for all we know. Hopefully single as well.” Minhae countered. Eunmi just stared at her best friend and smiled halfheartedly.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Five more minutes…” Luhan groaned while the alarm beeped.

Sehun sighed and hit the off button before wrapping his arms again around Luhan’s waist and burying his head into the crook of the other’s neck.

“Come one Luhan, you got to get up; we have school so we don’t have time to sleep in.” Sehun mumbled.

“But I don’t want to.” Luhan whined. Sehun sighed and got up. He went to the shades that were closed tightly and started to open them. The beams of light invade the dark, musty room, light shining onto the brunette’s pale face.

“Sehun…” Luhan whined and covered his head with the blankets. Sehun rolled his eyes and climbed on top of the smaller boy, and started to pull back the blanket. He bent his head down so his lips lightly touched Luhan’s ear. The Chinese flinched at the touch but still clenched his eyes shut.

“If you get up I’ll buy you bubble tea on the way to school.” Luhan’s eyes slowly opened and his head turned to face his boyfriend, checking to see if he was serious. Luhan then smiled and eagerly nodded his head.

Since they’re vampires, they really didn’t need to eat any food, but it doesn’t hurt if they do, they have to look normal anyways. But vampires don’t gain weight from eating anything, and that was the best news Luhan had heard since becoming one.

Sehun got up and walked to the bathroom. Luhan got up and blinked tiredly, covering his eyes from the light he turned to the bed sheets and started to fix up the sheets and pillows neatly. Admiring his work Luhan started walking to the bathroom  to where Sehun was already washing his face.

The two merely smiled at each other and continued with their intentions.

After washing up, the couple headed to the kitchen for breakfast.

Opening up their refrigerator it was filled with what you would suspect in a normal home, fruits, veggie etc. but it was only hiding what was behind it.

Sehun pulled down the back and revealed bags of blood, he took two out and handed one to Luhan before placing back in the wall.

They placed the bags of blood into the microwave to heat them a bit.

“How was class yesterday?” Sehun asked, and started to pick up the newspapers.

“All of them were boring without you.” Luhan pouted, a smile crept onto Sehun’s face. The microwave then beeped, and Luhan took the two bags out handing Sehun his.

Luhan then feebly cut the tip of the bag with scissors stuck in a pink straw. The Korean chuckled at his boyfriend’s cute actions.

~~~~~~~~~~

The alarm rung with a high pitched ring and pestered the sanity out of Eunmi, she cracked an eye open and stared at the time, groaning, she covered her head with another pillow.

Eunmi’s mom finally walked in, turned off the alarm and started to open the shades, the blaze of sunlight brightening the room.

“You know, this is only the second day of school, why so lazy?” her mom asked.

“Because it’s the second day of school…” Eunmi mumbled under her pillow.

Eunmi’s mom smiled and sighed evidently.

“Better get up, you have an hour until Ara and Minhae come to pick you up.” Eunmi’s mom finished and walked out the room.

“Stupid school…” Eunmi said under her breath.

 

It was first period, and for some reason Eunmi felt more excited at the moment than tired anymore, maybe it was the fact she would see her crush. Eunmi thought about the last time, when she accidentally let the words slip about how hot she thought Sehun was and just felt the very last remain of courage shrivel up inside her, creating a very uncomfortable empty feeling.

Sehun eventually came to class just before the bell rang and sat ever so emotionless next to Eunmi, completely ignoring his partner.

Eunmi started to feel her face burn up and her heart rate beat a little faster than the usual pace, as well as a fluttering feeling in her chest. But she didn’t know why that was happening if he barely did anything that had a connection to her.

All throughout the period, that Eunmi hoped would have been longer was just the thick silence that apparently only she imagined.

Sehun didn’t  want to talk to her nor embrace her presence, and near the end of the period, she just noticed was that he didn’t even look at any girls or guys.

It was as if Sehun was completely oblivious to the fact that nearly half of the class was just fawning over how they are in the same room as him. Like they were cherished by some God-like being, just by being a couple feet away from him.

At that moment when Eunmi realized that, she wondered why she liked him in the first place. Why did she suddenly go with the majority because clearly nearly one-third of the school has their eyes on him.

Sadly, she just had a tugging feeling that he was taken, evidence or not, he would seem like the person to be taken, twenty-four-seven actually.

Just taking a good look at him, she just noticed that Sehun looked like the “player” type. The type of guy who has dated girls for a short period of time and then without a hint, dump them.

Or maybe she was just delusional from skipping breakfast.

 

Stabbing at her food endlessly, Eunmi just felt the need to think over her crush, the jumbling thoughts of him that were tightly knotted in a complicated mess. She looked up at her friends who were actually eating their well needed food.

“I don’t know Minhae, I just have the thought that he is taken, gay or not.” Eunmi spoke up, Minhae stopped eating and swallowed the last of her meal.

“Well… I don’t know, just find out for now his uality.” Minhae responded.

Eunmi stared down at her food again, and realized how gross it actually was now after she was beating it with her fork.

 

Now looking forward to sixth period, Eunmi walked from fourth period to fifth, carrying her binder and things like it was her survival kit. Completely ignoring the fast moving reality in the hallways she didn’t seem to notice that she was going to run right into someone.

It took her a moment to snap back into reality from her hazy state that she just ran right into the boy Sehun was holding hands with earlier.

The brunette boy stared at Eunmi innocently and apologetically before standing up and putting out a hand a warm smile to help, and without any doubts Eunmi took the hand.

Dusting off particles of dirt from her clothes Eunmi looked at the boy up and down while he picks up his stuff.

Light, brown hair, large chocolate brown eyes and a long sleeved baby blue shirt with some jeans. It completely surpassed the levels of “most innocent boy alive”.

Eunmi stared at the clock and her eyes nearly popped out when she realized she had one minute till the bell rings. Quickly gathering her stuff she speeds off to fifth period class.

 

At six period, Eunmi bit her lip anxiously as she awaited by the closed metal door.

Just the tantalizing feeling if your crush likes you, hates you, or doesn’t know who you are.

She walks in and her stomach sunk in as she see’s the boy she bumped into, also known as the boy that’s Sehun has on his phone, held hands with and smiles sincerely for, and that boy is in her seat, next to Sehun.

That isn’t even the bad part, the part that made her guts just die and dying feeling of wanting to pretend you accidentally came into the wrong class was that the was boy sitting cozily on Sehun’s lap with the taller’s arms wrapped securely around his petite waist.

 

Minhae trys to calm down and decides to go to the board to see the rearrangements.

So now, she sits next to some dude named Suho.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey Klover12 here! ^^ Here's the second chapter!! I would like to say thank you to the people who subscribed and upvoted this story. I was very excited when I saw this. And yes we are trying to make MeiYei do chapters it's a good add to the story I guess…KekeXD Well hope you enjoy our story!!^-^

MeiYei: *Cough* *COUGH* You forgot to mention, that I literally wrote this entire chapter as well. >:( and Lee_Min_Young isn't even participating that much. GUYS I can't do everything myself here, like I have a life too ya know, I know it's sort of late and most of the subscribers aren't even gonna read this rant but IDC! Seriously though. Help please!

Btw, we should have like an author's corner. :3