Pride: Final

Pride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

 

Taeyeon was crying while watching Yuri’s dad’s workers prepare to bury Yuri. Taeyeon’s eyes were swollen and red. Tiffany was next to her. Tiffany hugged Taeyeon’s arm and rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. All of them were wearing black. She looked down and saw Yuri: Yuri was holding sheet musics. It was raining and all of them were already wearing a black coat and were holding up an umbrella except her.

 

Taeyeon smiled, feeling more tears roll down her cheeks. Tiffany felt like her whole world was crashing down on her when she saw Taeyeon cry. This was the first time she saw her cry this hard.

 

She doesn’t know a single thing about Yuri but Taeyeon invited her to come including her parents. She strongly agreed for she knows how much Yuri means to her best friend. Taeyeon’s parents were rubbing Taeyeon and Tiffany’s back.

 

Taeyeon didn’t stop crying. She wanted to tell the workers to stop burying Yuri and that she’ll just keep Yuri’s coffin in her house because that’s how much she loves her best friend but she just stayed there, watching them. Feet glued onto the floor.

 

Taeyeon looked around and saw a black limousine on the street. She walked away from Yuri and her family to take a good look of the person that was inside the black car.

 

The car windows were half opened. She saw a blonde girl silently crying her heart out. She knew she was a friend of Yuri when she saw that the blonde girl wasn’t taking her eyes away from Yuri’s workers burying her.

 

“Tae-Tae..?” Tiffany was already behind Taeyeon, she saw Taeyeon looking at the blonde girl who was their age, crying and wiping her tears away.

 

Tiffany saw Taeyeon was so wet due to the rain. She smiled and held up her umbrella higher to protect her and Taeyeon from the rain.

 

“She must be a friend of Taeyeon’s friend..” Tiffany thought to herself. She watched how the blonde girl kept on wiping her tears away with the help of her what she thinks is the blonde girl’s father.

 

She sighed, not wanting to watch the girl anymore for it was too painful to watch. She intertwined her fingers with Taeyeon for her to stop staring at the blonde.

 

“Tae..”

 

Taeyeon looked back at Tiffany and forced a small smile on her face. Tiffany saw how red Taeyeon’s eyes and face were from all that crying. She placed her palm on the side of Taeyeon’s face before caressing Taeyeon’s cheek softly.

 

“Let’s go home.” Tiffany smiled. Taeyeo nodded slowly before following Tiffany walk to their parents.

 

-

 

Tiffany knew that Taeyeon and her may still be young to know about feelings but she trusts herself enough to know that what she really feels for Taeyeon are true.

 

The butterflies, the heartache… Everything…

 

On the other hand, Taeyeon also feels the same but is too idiotic to not know a single thing about Tiffany’s feelings. She’s always wanted to confess but pride keeps on holding her down.

 

But she doesn’t deserve happiness... Yuri was suffering from sickness and even died because of cardiac arrest. Who was she to be happy when Yuri, her best friend, never was? That was what she thought.

 

"I'll just wait for her to confess to me then.." She mumbled.

 

There she was again. Looking outside the window watching the rain, watching the water from the sky hit the ground. Pressing her forehead against the glass window. She still hasn’t moved on from Yuri’s death…

 

-

 

After a few weeks, without Taeyeon and Tiffany seeing each other. Taeyeon started feeling like crap again.

Tiffany thought Taeyeon was avoiding her, instead of sulking around, the eye-smiling girl decided to just take a walk around Taeyeon's favorite park.

On the other hand, Taeyeon wasn't avoiding Tiffany. She was just moping around and depression struck her ever since her best friend died. But the brunette, never left her mind. She tells her bodyguards to protect Tiffany and to update her on what Tiffany's been doing this days and even went to Yuri's favourite park;

The girl even went online to check about resurrection and death; She searched about Yuri's favorite park and about life and death, including resurrection. And when she finally saw what she was looking for, what she read changed her life, causing her to somehow let out a smile. A real smile.

 

-

 

Taeyeon was playing with her pen with her notebook on her lap. She sighed when her phone started to ring, she took her phone from her nearby desk and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Kim, I have new pictures of Ms. Hwang but please don't get angry when you see them." Her bodyguard replied,

"Just send them to me."

"Yes, Ms. Kim." The bodyguard obediently obeyed and hanged up.

It only took a few seconds for Taeyeon to receive the pictures. Taeyeon scoffed when she saw pictures of Tiffany hugging and giggling with a man on her phone. Her bodyguard sent her pictures of Tiffany when she asked him to watch Tiffany for her while she’s away.

She gritted her teeth in anger and took her coat. She put it on her and left her home with hatred and anger in her heart not even caring who was trying to speak to her.

This was the day she knows that she’ll be cutting all ties with Tiffany but she never knew that this was her last.

 

-

 

“Tae-tae!” Tiffany squeled in delight when she saw Taeyeon arrived at her favorite park. She ran up to her and hugged her tightly. She’s missed Taeyeon so much… She hugged the older for a little while before pulling away.

 

Taeyeon was barely looking at her; Tiffany knew there was a problem.. With them.. And whatever it is, it’s not good.

 

Tiffany walked to Taeyeon’s favorite tree; The two sat down under it and watched as the other kids play around the park.

 

“I can’t see you anymore.” Taeyeon suddenly spoke. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, Taeyeon didn’t even look at her. Taeyeon kept on watching the kids play with a blank  expression on her face.

 

It took a while for Tiffany to reply. Her lips started to quiver, “..Why can’t you?”

 

“I can, I just don’t want to anymore..” Taeyeon said before standing up. She was about to walk away from Tiffany but Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand to prevent herself from walking away.

 

Taeyeon looked down and saw Tiffany on the grass, holding her hand. She wanted to shake Tiffany off her but she instead stayed there and watched Tiffany hang her head low with her hand holding hers.

 

“Let go.”  Taeyeon finally broke out the silence between them.

 

With that, Tiffany felt her heart break. She scoffed before getting up with red swollen eyes, she looked at her before pushing Taeyeon away.

 

“Sure. Leave! Leave me, just like what your best friend did to you!” Tiffany yelled at her harshly. Taeyeon’s heart grew darker and turned to look at Tiffany, she snickered, she knew who Tiffany was reffering to.

 

“Don’t worry, I will. Don’t forget to make out with your boyfriend, Tiffany.” Taeyeon harshly said back.

 

Tiffany gritted her teeth in anger before slapping Taeyeon hard on the face. Taeyeon her lower lip, her lower lip started to bleed. The metallic taste for Taeyeon was disgusting.

 

Tiffany realized how hard she slapped Taeyeon and how painful her words were. Tiffany held Taeyeon’s arm and started apologizing, “I’m sorry!”

 

Taeyeon finally released her anger by pushing Tiffany away, “I don’t need you. Stay away from me.  From now on, I never want to see your face. Ever again.”

 

Taeyeon was about to walk away but Tiffany ran after her, Tiffany started crying again. Holding Taeyeon’s arm, yanking at it to stop her. “Taeyeon.. I love you..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter