When I meet you

12 weeks with EXO :)

POV: Luhan
Genre: Blog-style, fluff
Warning: this is a blog-style fic, meaning it is based on Luhan's thoughts, via his blog.


Blog profile


Name: Luhan
Username: luhannie90
Age: 23
Birthday: April 20 1990
Occupation: social worker
Interested in: idk, male and female?


1st November

I am beginning the first day of work today at the new nursing home that I am posted to. I'm really excited to make new friends and meet more colleagues!!

I mean, I think social work is extremely rare, people normally do it for community service but not as a job!!

I love social work. It makes me feel very fulfilled, helping people and making them feel happy. Because I like to share my happiness. It's always good to share your happiness, because its like a multiplier effect- you make two people happy, they each make another two people happy, and then the happiness just spreads!

Okay I'm going off-topic now.

Gotta go get ready for work!!

| 20 comments |

 

 

 

 


2nd November 

The first two days of work was really really meaningful.

When I first stepped into the office, the a staff members threw a mini welcome party for me, complete with an introduction session, snacks and drinks.

Then a kind senior named Anna brought me to see the elderly. There was a lot of them, more than the previous nursing home I was at, and they were generally very friendly.

I think.

I got a bruised eye though, because I greeted one of them as "ahjusshi". I guess I shouldn't call him uncle anymore. I should try "sir" or "mister" next time. Ouch.

The staff were all very friendly, but I think the guy called Chanyeol impacted me the most. He is so bubbly and happy and his smile is just so huge, I swear a room lights up when he walks in. All the folks love him. I should try to learn from him and smile widely too.

| 30 comments |

- puppymadness92 : this Chanyeol guy sounds fun!

 

 


5th November

It's Friday today, it has been 5 days since I started working here. It's awesome!! Everyday I get to talk with my wonderful colleagues, and they seem to understand me so well!!

I had a talk with one of the elderly ladies today. Apparently she gives regular storytime and has to have an audience or else she'd go into fits of tantrums. So I decided to be her audience today.

She told me about a angst love story between a lonely betrothed young girl and a poor young fisherman, so heart-wrenching that I couldn't help but cry.

If that wasn't bad enough, at the end of her story, she told me that SHE was that girl. I just hugged her and bawled my eyes out. Now that I think about it, it must've been quite a scene. I'm so embarrassed!!

When I came back to the office, Chanyeol laughed at me so hard I thought he was going to die. He's so mean. I don't really like him. Tchh.

| 42 comments |

- puppymadness92 : I'm sure he didn't mean to!! HAHAHAHAHA

 

 


8th November

Today we brought several of the elderly folks out for a mini field trip!! 

There were about 10 of us helpers for 20 elderly folks. The others were looked after by some extra volunteers and the senior social workers.

I was partnered with Chanyeol, the noisy guy with those gigantic ears, and we were in charge of 4 elderly. Thank goodness our group were rather mild, Leeyeon from the other group said one of the elderly from her group kept wanting to pee and another kept poking her every few seconds to complain about the weather.

Chanyeol is so irritating!! With me only, of course. With the old folks he is like an angel, with giant smiles and soft calming words. When he is with me all he does is tease me about my big girly eyes (puh-lease his eyes are girly too!!) and he says the elderly don't like me because I look like a girl with a man voice. Seriously?!

I DON'T LOOK LIKE A GIRL. I'm a man all over. Gah.

We brought the elderly to a park today, and they had a picnic lunch. It was really nice seeing them enjoy the fresh air and the change of scenery. I did see a marked improvement in their emotions and behaviour when we arrived back to the nursing home today.

Hopefully this lasts for a while... Because finally Ms. Kim and Ms. Eun are not fighting anymore!! They used to be at each other's necks the whole day, it was so scary.

| 48 comments |

- puppymadness92 : haha!! Maybe he genuinely thought you looked like one
   - luhannie90 : Seriously. Puh-lease. I mean. No!!




10th November 

Today was a sad day.

We lost one of our elderly due to a severe cardiac arrest. The doctors did their best, but unfortunately his heart was too weak and couldn't survive.

Rest in peace, we will miss you and we will always pray for you.

I think I was kind of embarrassing again today, wailing my heart and soul out while the rest just kept silent and bowed their heads. But I just couldn't help it. To be honest, this is the first time, in my six months of working as a social worker, that I have actually experience a death in the nursing home.

I know I would have to experience it sometime, but not today. I mean, I wasn't expecting it. Whatever am I talking about, I don't even know. I think I'm starting to cry now.

Chanyeol was pretty nice about it, though. He came over and gave me a nice hug. Then everyone else came over to hug me. They are all so sweet. 

| 54 comments |

- puppymadness92 : more people care about you than you think.
   - luhannie90 : I know, and I'm so thankful for that.




15th November

Sorry, I was away for a short hiatus!!

Today was a double-weird day. I'll tell you why.

So I was at work, and then I got a phone call from my ex-girlfriend Dara. She wanted to meet me, and, I mean, we're still friends and all so I said okay.

During my lunch break at 2pm, I went out of the nursing home to the bus stop where I was supposed to meet her. Then she brought me to a small cafe nearby and we ordered our food.

While eating, Dara told me about the jerk of her boyfriend that she just broke up with a few days ago. It was a really animated story and she made it so overly dramatic and it was not long before she was crying all over me.

I was like, okay geez the snot is everywhere. Totally unglam.

And then she suddenly tilted her head up and kissed me on the lips!! 

I was freaking out not because she was coating me with snot (I hope she doesn't read this) but because there were huge alarm bells sounding off in my head. She is my ex after all, and even though things are over between us, something just sparks when she kisses me.

It's not right, but I didn't push her away immediately.

And that's the first weird thing. The SECOND weird thing was that 5 seconds into the kiss with Dara, Chanyeol walked into the cafe and saw us.

I was like, WTF?! And I quickly pushed Dara away. God knows why I did that.

Then Dara's head was in my view, and she was pleading me to get back together with her, with those watery sad eyes.

But I shook my head no. Because even though I did feel something for her, I won't do this again. Not with Dara. I wasn't ready, and it felt like I was to be a comfort guy to her more than a real boyfriend.

Anyway so I ran out, and right smack into Chanyeol who was standing by the front watching me with those judging eyes. I swear I never saw him looking like that before. I quickly muttered an apology for ruining his eyes (why did I even need to apologise. Oh god what's wrong with me) and I ran away.

Freaking weird day, today.

Oh well.

| 65 comments |

- puppymadness92 : ex girlfriend, huh
   - luhannie90 : yeah. Nothing more than that.
      - puppymadness92 : I see...




18th November 

Hey guys!! Recently more and more commenters on my blog! Whoo I'm becoming famous!

Anyways, today my colleagues and I went out to Noraebang!! It's kind of like the nights out for us. Only the younger ones came though. The older staff aren't usually interested in young people outings. Like Noraebang.

I think I honestly went mad. Nothing could calm me down, and I practically hogged the mike for the whole session. I love to sing!!!

I discovered that Leeyeon has a really gorgeous voice and Chanyeol raps really well. Like, he just goes on and on and on without needing to breathe. I don't think Michael phelps can hold his breath as long as him.

I wanted to sing a duet with Leeyeon, and Chanyeol was all "no no no I'll sing with youuuu." I just wanted to roll my eyes. Is he jealous of me for trying to steal Leeyeon's attention? 

God he's so childish.

Plus I wanted to sing a male-female duet, for goodness sake. Why does HE want to sing THAT with ME?

So I gave the mike to him and made him sing with Leeyeon. And even then, he still didn't look very happy.

Gosh, that guy.

I almost typed, I just can't understand men, but then I realised I'm also a guy. Oh wow me, I'm starting to lose my gender identity.

| 88 comments |

- puppymadness92 : he probably wants you to sing the girl part. HAHAHA
   - luhannie90 : what the heck mad puppy. You're as annoying as Chanyeol.




22nd November

Weirdest day ever.

After work I was packing up when Leeyeon aske me to stay for awhile and talk to an elderly who was currently feeling sad. So I said okay, and I sat beside her to comfort her. 

It took me about half an hour of coaxing to get her to stop about her life, and then I tucked her into the bed and left the building.

And when I walked out, guess who was standing at the entrance?

It was Chanyeol. He was standing there, looking at me.

I asked him, "what are you doing?" And he said, "waiting for you."

I'm like, "you waited for half an hour?!" And he shrugged, saying he was held up as well.

So we walked together towards the subway that we both took to go home. Our shift ended at the same time today, which was rare considering I hardly went back with him.

Chanyeol was really quiet along the way, which was different from his normal happy, teasing self. I started to open my mouth to ask him what's wrong, when suddenly Chanyeol yanked me aside and this cyclist zoomed past me at a really fast speed.

I would've fallen over if not for Chanyeol. So I turned to him in gratitude and then I realised he was still hugging me, staring at me with his unblinking huge eyes.

It was kinda creepy to be in such close proximity with someone with gigantic eyes staring at you like you were an alien from outer space. So I tried to push him away, but Chanyeol didn't let go.

He just stared at me. Seriously he's a weird guy.

So I figured I'll just stare back until he decides to let go.

But... It wasn't a really good idea to stare into Chanyeol's eyes because they were so huge and deep that I felt like I was literally drowning in them. And it had a tint of mahogany mixed with black, and his irises were so round and sparkling that-

What the hell am I typing. Okay whatever.

Then finally after what felt like eternity Chanyeol let go and tripped over... Nothing. I swear he's the weirdest guy ever. I just shot him an odd look and then walked off.

Because really, that was just so awkward. And I don't know why but my insides were twisting up. Huh. Weird.

| 105 comments |

 

 


26th November

One of the elderly had his famous fortune telling session today!!

Well it's famous because he is the only one that could actually do it. And it is extremely popular with the other folks.

And the staff too. Haha. And me!!

Since I have never gotten my fortune told before, he gave me first priority and made me sit on his bed while he clasped my hands between his wrinkly palms and murmured some weird chant. And all around us were staff and elderly folks wanting to eavesdrop on my fate.

So while waiting for his verdict I searched the crowd and no, Chanyeol wasn't there. I wonder why? Haven't seen much of him nowadays. Like, he seems to be avoiding me. What? He rescues me from a bicycle then stares at me then avoids me? Okay... Weird much.

Anyway so the fortune teller uncle's eyes flew open and he stared at me with a strong intensity that I actually felt a little scared. Then he said, "You. Boy. Pretty. Find. Love. Boy. Puppy."

I was like, WTF?! I find love with a boy-puppy? What is that supposed to mean? I really wanted to think this was just a fake and the fortune teller uncle is just some looney old man and he was just trolling me but there was something firm in his eyes.

I felt abit scared to be honest.

So... According to him I am a pretty boy who will find love with a boy-puppy? A boy with a puppy? A boy and a puppy?

Okay you know what? I'm just going to ignore it because this crazy fortune telling advice is killing too many of my brain cells.

| 112 comments |




27th November

Today something random happened. I was in the bathroom doing my business when Chanyeol appeared next to me with a sad smile.

"What's up Chanyeol?" I asked him. Chanyeol didn't say anything. He just washed his hands, avoiding my eyes, and left. I wonder what's up with him.

He looked like a lovesick puppy to me, to be honest. That guy...

Wait. Don't talk about puppies. I'm confused, argh. 

| 72 comments |

- luhannie90 : @puppymadness92 are you around? Didn't hear from you for quite awhile...



28th November

Oh god now I know why Chanyeol was looking so despondent in the toilet yesterday.

It was his BIRTHDAY and I didn't wish him!! 

Leeyeon came up to me today and told me, "yesterday was Chanyeol's birthday did you know?" And I wanted to wring her neck because she had to wait until one day after his birthday before telling me. 

So I went up to Chanyeol and whispered, "hey sorry about your birthday, don't be angry with me..." And Chanyeol turned to look at me with his big sad eyes and I swear I felt a twang in my heart. 

"It's okay..." He said, and walked away.

I feel so bad, now. What should I do to make it up to him?

| 223 comments |

- puppymadness92 : a present would be nice.
   - luhannie90 : you're back!!
      - puppymadness92 : I never went anywhere.




30th November

So many of you said I should give him things like flowers and chocolate and stuff but for goodness sake he is a guy friend not my lover!! 

I settled with a smiley keychain that I bought from a roadside stall, and a cup of coffee.

Chanyeol didn't seem very surprised when he received the presents though, like he was expecting it. This guy is so arrogant!! Agh.

But he liked my present, and promptly went to hang the smiley keychain on his bag. I hope he would smile more now since he owns a smiley keychain.

He looks much better when he smiles.

He's still not really talking to me like before, but at least his eyes are alittle more happier looking now, and he manages something like a smile, i think, whenever he sees me. Yay!!

Operation Chanyeol Smile Success!!

| 138 comments |

- puppymadness92 : you're so cute haha.
   - luhannie90 : thanks, but call me manly. Hmmpf
      - puppymadness92 : cute cute cuuuuuute
         - luhannie90 : urgh mad puppy you remind me too much of irritating Chanyeol, like are you his twin or something?
            - puppymadness92 : pwahahahahahahaha




2nd December

I... Don't know what to think.

I feel like I'm sitting on top of a roller coaster that has yet to come down from its peak position. Hell, I'm still hyperventilating now, 3 hours after the incident, as I type this.

Well... So basically it's like.

You guys know that winter is here right? It gets real cold in the evenings and at night. Remember to bundle up!!

Okay I'm going off topic.

So. Today everyone was in a foul mood due to the sudden dip in weather temperature. It was suddenly so cold!! And worse of all many of us did not bring thick enough coats, so we had to go home shivering.

I hate the cold. I hated myself for not bringing a thicker sweater. Why oh why.

At the end of my shift, I got ready to leave the building. As I stepped out, lo and behold Chanyeol was there again. 

I was kinda happy to see him there, despite the slight awkwardness still present between us, because going home cold and alone was kinda sad and pathetic. 

So Chanyeol was there and he held out a cup of warm coffee for me. That was so sweet!! I won't have to go home cold and alone. I was warm from the drink and had Chanyeol for company.

Oh geez my head hurts. It's starting to spin. I can't believe that happened geezzzzzz.

Lets continue. So I was walking back with Chanyeol and my coffee finished too fast for my liking (I was thirsty so I used it more to quench my thirst than keep me warm. Bad mistake...)

Chanyeol was smarter than me, in a sense that he brought a fat sweater. Sigh, all I had was a thin jacket.

But I was really shocked when Chanyeol slipped out of his sweater and handed it to me. Is this guy mad? He was wearing nothing but a shirt inside!!!

I refused to take it, but Chanyeol grabbed my shoulders and forced it on. Oh my it felt so lovely and warm like a toaster. Then I realised it was warm from Chanyeol's body heat and I started to blush.

Blush is totally the wrong thing to do because when I blush my whole face turns scarlet and Chanyeol became worried.

He stared at me again, looking very concerned. "Are you okay? Still cold?" He asked. Why is he so concerned about me being cold? I mean, wasn't he cold too?

I said that, but he shook his head and said, "I have an internal heater built in my body." Lame much? But I still laughed anyway, because I would do anything to make that blush go away, really.

We just stood there, Chanyeol's hands on my shoulders, for a full minute. I really can't remember what I was, what we were doing during that minute.

But suddenly without any warning, CHANYEOL KISSED ME.

OMGOMGOMGOMG ASDFGHJKL.

I seriously think my brain completely malfunctioned and broke down and rebooted and whatever. Because I couldn't move. I was just frozen to the spot.

OMG I hate to admit this but it felt so good. His lips were so soft and warm and his breath was on my face and it was warm and-

Argh omg I'm having a mental breakdown I can't. 

Okay I'm sorry I'm going to have to stop here. 

Can't. Nope. Meh.

| 158 comments |

- el-leeXO : you guys are so cute! Just get together already!!
   - luhannie90 : whut?!?!?!?




4th December

I owe you guys an apology. I'll continue the story (now that I'm done freaking out)

So. Well he kissed me and it felt so good and sweet and the hairs on the nape of my neck were positively standing. Not from the cold, I swear.

Then my mind suddenly woke up and I pulled away. And I just stared at him and he stared at me and he seemed very alarmed. Like I was the one who kissed him in the first place.

Then I noticed how pale Chanyeol looked. Here I was wearing two jackets and he had none. He must've been freezing!! I quickly took off Chanyeol's sweater and made him wear it. 

Chanyeol took one more look at me before abruptly turning and running away.

Yup that was it. 

I have work tomorrow and I am not looking forward to seeing Chanyeol again. I mean, it's going to be crazily awkward. 

But. Okay I'm not going to lie. I miss him, kinda. 

I miss his lips. On mine.

ARGHGHGHGH ASDFGHJKL

| 174 comments |

- puppymadness92 : do you like him?
   - luhannie90 : what...? I don't know...




7th December

OMG guys I'm so deliriously happy!!

OMO I can't believe this. AAAAAHHHHH

I need to type this out. Now!!! Asdfghjkl.

Okay so this morning I didn't have work. The past two days was past in a blur, both Chanyeol and I were very busy and we hardly saw each other. Anyway this morning I intended to sleep in, but my phone buzzed and it was Chanyeol, saying he wants to meet me at the park, so I replied OK.

Never mind about sleep. I do that everyday. But not everyday can I be alone with Chanyeol. In a park. Holy Lord. Argh.

Sorry for my random rambles. I can't help it.

I went to the park and I met Chanyeol at our designated spot, which was some really ancient tree that looks like the scary woman from Grudge. Haha I'm serious. 

So Chanyeol was already there when I came, and when he saw me his cheeks turned purple or some strange colour. I went up to him shyly and said hi.

Chanyeol stared at me with his purple cheeks for a few seconds then he burst into this breath-taking smile that made my heart start spasming.

I said to Chanyeol, "I think I might..."

And Chanyeol didn't even listen to the rest of what I had to say and he just grabbed my cheeks and kissed me softly and gently until I felt myself melt into a puddle of goop. 

When he pulled away, I'm 100% sure my cheeks were purple or something as well because I was BLUSHING SO HARD.

And Chanyeol just hugged me and he said, "I like you."

And I just died. 

And went to heaven.

And came back down again.

After a while of hugging Chanyeol looked down at me like I was a kitten and kissed me again and argh asdfghjkl I died again and the cycle repeats.

This is too good to be true. 

And I just discovered something very very suspicious.

I won't say what, yet, but soon I will.

| 323 comments |

- puppymadness92 : what suspicious?? :):):):):):):):)
   - luhannie90 : I hate you!!
      - puppymadness92 : aww thanks I love you too! <3




10th December

It's our first date today! Haha. I'm even shy posting it here. But I won't disappoint you guys and I will try my best!!

After work, I gathered my things quickly and went out of the building, and there was sweet Chanyeol standing by the door waiting for me. He planted a kiss on my forehead, took my hand and pulled me along.

"Where are we going?" I asked him but Chanyeol just grinned at me with his stupid grin. 

So I let him pull me to... A deokbokki stand. Yep, seriously.

Chanyeol was all excited over some deokbokki date he had in mind. But oh alright he looked so cute with his wide eyes and hungry looks so I ended up treating him to a plate of deokbokki and watch him scarf it down like he hasn't eaten for days.

Then that crazy dude kissed me with his mouth full of deokbokki and got the sauce all over my mouth. Geez.

And if that isn't bad enough, Chanyeol had that apologetic look and started the sauce off my mouth like a puppy. Oh god...

Puppy. That's what the fortune teller ahjusshi said. Maybe I'm really destined to fall in love with this cute puppy Chanyeol.

Which brings me to the next point... puppymadness92 I swear if you still want to keep up this pretence you are dead meat!! Your username itself already gives you away. Grrrr.

Anyway thanks guys for staying with me and leaving all those encouraging comments. I might not be posting as often as I did, but I won't abandon this blog. Bye guys!!!! *waves*

 

 

| 724 comments |

- puppymadness92 : aww... Busted...
   - luhannie90 : stop acting cute you evil puppy
      - puppymadness92 : since when am I acting cute? Puh-lease. HAHAHAHAHA
         - luhannie90 : anyone has bread? I just feel like sandwiching you and chewing you alive.
            - puppymadness92 : ahhhh murder!!
               - luhannie90 : I hate youuuuu
                  - puppymadness92 : I love you too sweetheart <3






A/N: this was supposed to be moderate fluff. Now I'm in bags-turned-pots-turned-vats of fluff arrrghhh.
Too fluffy. O_O
Any HanYeol shippers?? Hehe. Or luchan? What are they even called. Oh dear.
Anyway hope you liked it!! Blog-post style writing is fun!! I might use it again in the future.
And sorry I couldn't help but add myself into the story HAHA

 

 

How can one not love them. SIGH xD