Prologue

Breaking Free
Please log in to read the full chapter

I actually can't recall precisely when it began. That's the thing about tyranny. It's so hard to end because no one can tell how it started, where, when, how and why.

Power... Is something everyone seems to want, but no one realizes they have too much until it ruins them.

And by the time it ruins them, its too late to turn back.

It's too late to face all the people you've wronged, too late to change what you have done, and much too late to seek forgiveness. 

So... What can you do? What can I do?...

What... can... we do? When it's too late? I didn't know... there was a way to say "no." 

I really didn't. I couldn't even dream of it. I was in to the merciless power circle. I hadn't even fathomed it to be anywhere close to remotely possible. 

But he had. He just didn't know how to get there. He was lost. I was lost.

He would need my help. And I would need his. Because we both had tried to say "no" so many times, but ended up with little avail. 

This is my story. This is my empowerment. This is my song. This is my battle and my life.

This is my freedom. This is what I believe in. And the day will come. 

Brea

Please log in to read the full chapter