One: Preparation is never this extravagant (Part 2)

"Till Death do us Apart..."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“With this hand...” Chanyeol held his right hand high in the air. “I will lift your sorrows...your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine...”

He voiced out the vow confidently with the pitch rising up in his volume. He grabbed a glass from the nearby table and shoved it towards his ‘bride’. “...with this candle, I will light your way in darkness...”

Then he spun his body around and pointed a finger towards a candle stood nearby the wall of the grand hall. Lastly, he walked back to the table and picked up a small silvery box containing a pair of diamond rings in it. He flashed a very proud grin upon it and took out one of it. The one with the smaller size for the bride.

“With this ring...I ask you to be mine!!!” by the time Kris stepped out from the fitting room nearby, he stopped by the door and caught sight of Chanyeol kneeling down to the floor and offered the wedding ring to his so called ‘bride’.

“Aigoo, aigoo! I’m so embarrassed, Park Chanyeol sshi! Aigoo...how should I reply you?” Baekhyun softened his voice, playing well with his role as the ‘bride’. Chanyeol plastered another wide grin to him and Baekhyun pretended to blush upon his proposal.

“Yes, I’m ready to be yours...” just as Baekhyun slowly pushed his finger towards Chanyeol, Kris lost his patience. He groaned and walked straight approaching those dumbheads before he snatched away the shining ring that Chanyeol was about to slid it on Baekhyun’s finger.

“Enough using this ring as your play toy! Haish!” Kris growled to them, causing Chanyeol and Baekhyun to shriek out loud on the floor. Kris rolled his eyes, leaving the two rolling over on the floor as he kept the wedding ring properly again in the box.

He took the box with him, keeping it inside his pocket but he heard another chaos happened inside this wedding hall.

“Ah...this tie looks nice on me...don’t you think?” Chen asked, smiling confidently upon his reflection as he pasted the grey colored tie on his chest. He was asking the question towards Lay and Xiumin but unfortunately both of them were too busy to listen to him.

Kris frowned his eyes upon Chen while that shorty friend of him was hissing alone. He threw that tie away and spun his body around to face Lay and Xiumin.

“Yah, both of you!!! How dare you ignore me huh?!” Chen pointed out a finger on them but Lay shrugged while looking up to him from his guitar.

“Of course we dare enough...we are busy with our own business here and you’re for not giving a hand to help!” he scolded him before Xiumin laughed and added.

“Absolutely...besides, what is the point of trying out those outfits huh? They all go with Kris’ size...you won’t stand a chance to wear them without looking so ugly...” his spontaneous words caused Lay to break out laughing loudly. Kris curved a mocking smile as well but Chen groaned.

“Yah! Are you trying to say that I’m a shorty?” he put his hands on his hips, pretending to look fierce but Kris finally reached him and he bent down to pick the tie thrown to the floor by Chen just now.

“Glad that you know...now, move away if you don’t wanna help...I need to pack up all these outfits...” Kris pushed his small body aside from standing nearby the big table were all the coats, trousers, tuxedos, ties and shoes were scattering on top of it.

He put down one whole set of attires that he had already chosen to wear for tomorrow’s wedding while Chen pouted to him. He shot Kris with one last glare but seeing that Kris was determined to abandon his childish attitude, Chen gave up and at last walked over to sit with Lay and Xiumin.

“Yah! What are you both doing huh?” Chen focused his eyes boringly on them when Lay was still tuning to his guitar and Xiumin busily clicking on his laptop.

“Can’t you see it? We’ve been arranging the songs and audio for the ceremony tomorrow...” Xiumin told him, sounded irritated by his lack of self-awareness. Chen mouthed a soundless ‘o’ but Lay looked up and tapped him on his lap.

“...and you, chingu ah...why don’t you contribute a little for this wedding? You’ve got such a nice voice, right? So how about sing a song for everybody?” Lay suggested to him but Chen snorted and he sat crossing his legs smugly.

“Well...if we’re talking about my contribution upon this ceremony, then can’t you see that I’m contributing now?” Chen spread his arms mightily to his left and right. Lay and Xiumin watched him but they shook their heads.

“No, we don’t see anything...”

“Idiot! My presence itself is enough to contribute for Kris’ wedding...tomorrow will be perfect!” Chen informed them and made double thumbs up to Lay and Xiumin. The two rolled their eyes simultaneously before somebody came from behind Chen who was still grinning joyfully. He stopped there and raised up a notebook to hit it straight on his head.

“Ouch! Yah! Who is that?!” Chen covered his head with his palms while turning around but Suho stuck out his tongue to him and pulled a chair to sit in circle with Lay and Xiumin.

“Serve you right for being stupid...” he slipped the comment to Chen but quickly changing his eyes back to Xiumin.

“Yah, I need your help...about the bestman’s speech tomorrow...do you think I should pass it to Luhan to talk? I think he’s the closest to Kris...” he started discussing with him, leaving Chen who was still rubbing his head in pain and grudge.

Xiumin stared upon the notebook, scribbled with the text written for the speech tomorrow but he shook his head and looked up again to Suho. “Why don’t you just do it? I mean, we all are closest to Kris...”

“Yeah...let me see the text...if you wanna do it in two languages, like in Korean and Chinese...then maybe you and Luhan should be the representatives for the bestmen...” Lay joined in as well in the discussion, taking the notebook from Suho’s lap and started reading on it.

They put their heads together and continued conversing about it. Looking at how serious they were for the preparation, Chen gave up disturbing them and he scanned his eyes around the grand hall. This place looked extremely beautiful now that they had finished decorating the whole venue.

Since the overall theme was in reddish white that why he could see fluffy white and red ribbons were hung around the wall, alongside with the balloons floating freely up there at the ceiling. Guarding around them were the shrubberies of fresh red and white roses. It made his smell sense to inhale all the romantic fragrance from them. He giggled in excitement until his eyes finally caught sight of Tao and Kyungsoo, another two of their friends.

“Yeah!” Chen raised his of from the chair and decided to disturb the two instead. Tao and Kyungsoo were in the middle of standing nearby the decorated altar. They had their hands full with cameras and lenses since the duo was in charge of the photography section in this wedding.

Chen skipped his feet freely to approach them but he waved his hand a bit when he walked past another three boys who sat together around a table nearby the main entrance. Jongin who caught sight of him could only shake his head in disapproval of his friend’s unexplainable stupidity. He decided to look away and fixed his eyes upon Luhan instead.

“How is it? Everything is ready?” he took a sip on his mineral water but Luhan peered over the screen of his laptop and grinned to him, holding up a palm towards Jongin.

“Wait a minute...I need a confirmation from this hotel...” Luhan assured him and Jongin nodded his head slowly. Tilting his head to his right, he saw Sehun was still drowned in his mute world with only his fingers were tickling the lace on the table’s curtain. Jongin smirked, tapping Sehun on his arm.

“Are you bored?” Sehun glanced around to him, blinking emptily on his handsome tan face but at last, Sehun curved him one thin smile.

“No, I’m fine...” that simple and short answer uttered in his lazy tone easily betrayed the boredom shown clearly on his mysteriously gorgeous face. Jongin snorted to him and he held out his car key towards Sehun.

“Go out and take some fresh air...then bring inside the beers I have bought this morning...it’s in my car, at the backseat...” he ordered him to prevent Sehun from dying because of his boredom. Well, it must be tiring for all of them since they had been here in this hall started from this morning – plus with a few days ago – just to get this wedding well prepared.

Being the youngest among the twelve of them, Sehun can’t help to feel out of place because he wasn’t in the right age to get himself involved with stuff called wedding and marriage. Still, Kris was his best friend and a big hyung that Sehun rely on for all the time. On top of that, he knew that he can’t ignore him.

Sehun let out a sigh, standing up from his chair and grabbed the key from Jongin but as he was about to take his step, Luhan called to him.

“Yah, Sehun ah! Hold on...I need you to check on the list one more time...the hotel has sent their confirmation mail to me so let’s check on the overall list now...” Sehun dropped his again on the chair when Luhan told him so.

Without replying anything to him, Sehun flipped on a clear folder situated in front of him on the table and he pulled open the cap of a pen using his mouth. He used it to start ticking one by one on the honeymoon planner.

-venue

-hotel reservation

-flight tickets

-passports

-tourist guide

Sehun pushed the paper for Jongin and Luhan to see it before they both nodded their heads, smiling in satisfaction. Luhan clapped his hands and stretched his arms up above his head.

“Yeay!!! At last, everything is ready for the honeymoon! Kris ah!!!” Luhan turned his body around and waved his hands toward the groom. Sehun simply rolled his eyes, didn’t show any interest in the matter at all as he resumed walking out from the hall to get the beers.

Jongin watched him from behind but when Kris came to join them, sitting across the table, he darted his eyes back to him.

“What’s up?” Kris ducked his head forward when Luhan flashed him a mischievous smile and pushed the laptop’s screen to come in his sight.

“Everything’s ready and just waiting for both of you to go...” Luhan reported to him, grinning a little too broad like he was the most anticipated for the honeymoon.

“Yeah...enjoy your vacation with Seohyun later...” Jongin leaned forward, standing up his elbows on the table while he too, was smiling widely for Kris. Kris read on the screen but he turned looking on Jongin and Luhan before he gave each of them a firm pat on their shoulders.

“I got it...thank you so much, guys!” Kris laughed happily, totally feeling excited and thrilled for his upcoming honeymoon with Seohyun but suddenly Jongin smirked and reminded him.

“Just a thing, Kris ah...remember to wake up early after your first night, okay? ‘cause your flight will be off sharp at 9.00 a.m. so I guess, you don’t wanna miss it just for being a little too ‘tired’ due to sleepless, don’t you?” Jongin naughtily and it earned booming laughter from Luhan.

Kris laughed along, shaking his head but he poked a finger on his forehead. “Don’t worry...I’ll bear it in mind...even if I’m having a sleepless night with Seohyun on that day...”

“Oh, so you’re planning to do ‘it’ all night huh?” it was Luhan’s turn to be nasty and he patted Kris on his shoulder. Kris raised an eyebrow in return before shrugged.

“We’ll see...” and they broke out laughing again on behalf of their dirty thoughts about Kris’ first night.

“Here are they...” Sehun finally came back and he put down a plastic bag fully occupied with cans of beer. Jongin mouthed ‘thank you’ to him before he clapped his hands out loud, echoing inside the hall to call out the others.

“Yah, everyone! Come here and have a drink!” he took out one of the cans and held it up, showing it to the rest of the boys before they squealed and rushed to the table.

Each of them took it with Luhan standing up to be the distributor before they opened up the can at once and all the twelve boys rose from their seats to cheer for the completed wedding preparation.

“For Kris and his wedding tomorrow...” Suho said, grinning widely to Kris’ way. The others laughed excitedly and they crashed their beers together.

“Yeay!!! Congratulations!!!” they cheered in unison before gulping down the beers together. Chanyeol was the one to finish the whole can first and he put it down before clapping his hands.

“At last! Our famously y hyung is going to get married! I’m thrilled!” his comment brought out small laughter from Kris but Baekhyun sneezed from the corner and pretended to cry.

“Huwaaa!!! Aigoo, aigoo! Ottoke? My lovely Kris is going to be someone’s husband tomorrow!” he covered his face with his palms but Chanyeol ran to his side and hugged Baekhyun around his shoulders.

“It’s okay! I’m still here, Baek ah!! You’re going to be fine! I won’t leave you alone!!!” he consoled him, joining Baekhyun in his crying opera while the rest could only laugh madly upon watching their drama. Kris shook his head, grinning along until they heard someone walked entering the hall.

“Gross...is this the way you boys are celebrating the bachelor party huh?” they turned around simultaneously with Baekhyun and Chanyeol stopped crying at once. The hall fell silent as Jongin furrowed a bit and stood up.

“Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter