One: Preparation is never this extravagant (Part 1)

"Till Death do us Apart..."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m dead! I’m dead! I’m dead! Dead, dead, dead!!!” Sunny was running all the way along the busy pavement. Those passersby threw her their questioning glance but she ignored them and kept on going to her way.

“Ouch! I’m sorry...really sorry!” it was a few times already that she bumped and collided her shoulder with the people but she simply bowed a little and running again. There was no way she will be polite enough to stop and maybe ask them whether they were okay or not. No, definitely not in this critical moment!

Her phone, securely gripped in her right hand was vibrating again and Sunny glimpsed down on it while panting. She read the ID name appeared there and she exhaled out loud, clenching her lips.

“Aish!!! She called again! I’m so dead!!! I’m late!!!” mumbling to herself, she speed off even more but never thought of answering the phone call. She held tighter to her phone in her right hand while she raised up her left hand to prevent it from bumping with the crowd.

“Sorry, sorry...excuse me...out of my way, please!” she apologized to them but Sunny just had to protect the one thing that was still in her left palm. People took a look up on it and they saw something fresh, colored in combination of bright red and pure white – it was a bouquet of flowers.

“Yes!!! I’m here!!! Fany ah!!!” finally she arrived in front of her ultimate destination and cornered her way inside.

When Sunny pushed her body against the entrance glass, panting and struggling to catch her breath, her eyes caught sight of the giant board hung up there. Clearly it was written ‘SOOYOUNG WONDERLAND BOUTIQUE’ there.

“Fany ah!” she stopped running and simply arranged her tired steps to approach a girl, now in the middle of talking to the phone.

“Oh yes? It’s done already? That’s great! Can you send me a picture of it? Yeah...I wanna see it...just in case...” Tiffany went on conversing with the person on line but when she glanced around and spotted Sunny behind, she smiled and mouthed to her – asking her to wait.

Sunny held up the bouquet forward to Tiffany, frowning on her but Tiffany smiled even broader and held up a palm towards her. Then she resumed turning away and acting busy with her business on the phone again.

“Huhh...” Sunny wrinkled her nose on Tiffany’s back but she let out a very long and heavy sigh before she dropped her body lazily on one of the chairs there and laid the bouquet carefully on her lap. Someone walked past her and chuckled.

“Oh, unnie ah...finally, you’re here...” Yoona was flipping on the brochures in her hands while she walked towards a big table and sat there. Sunny opened her eyes a bit, peeking to her and gave Yoona a weak nod.

“Yeah...I’m rushing from my office just now...Fany keeps on calling me even when I’m still in meeting...it’s annoying...” she complained to Yoona but the corner of her eyes were shooting the deadly glare towards Tiffany’s way.

Short laughter escaped from Yoona’s mouth and Sunny turned back to look at her. “Why? She reminded you about the bridal bouquet?”

“Hell yeah! And she did it like...a hundred times? Gosh! I swear I’ll never forget it and I did pick it up on time! Here it is...the most astonishing bridal bouquet I’ve ever seen!” Sunny told her loudly again and raised up the flowers higher for Yoona to see it.

Yoona gasped and she immediately rose from her chair before giggling her way towards Sunny.

“Oh my God...” she whispered as her hands reached out excitedly towards the bouquet. Sunny laughed a bit, shaking her head slowly but she fixed her eyes as well upon the flowers and they both fell silent, admiring the beautiful look of that bouquet.

Just like the overall theme of the wedding, Tiffany – the wedding planner – had choose for the bride and groom to have their wedding in colors of white and red. Luckily the couple agreed straight away with her because the bride has always in love with white while the groom thought that red was cool. The same went for this bridal bouquet that they booked from the shop two weeks earlier.

This freshly blooming bouquet was made from the combination of dark red tulips and roses with a few small white buds. The center of it looked rich with enchanted reddish tulips while guarding around it in a circle were the fragrant red roses. Lastly the outer most layer of the bouquet was enclosed by those small budding of white flowers. Together, they were wrapped up with a piece of satin silk, also colored in glittering white, to form the neck of the bouquet.

“Unnie! This is perfect!!!” Yoona finally done examining it and she jumped towards Sunny to give her a quick tight hug from the impact that she was extremely satisfied to see the perfectly beautiful bridal bouquet.

“Ouch! Hmm...okay, okay...I know that you’re glad but please...don’t suffocate me...” Sunny replied her, chuckling playfully but Yoona let her go and Tiffany finally approached them.

“So how is it? You get the bouquet already?” she asked as she stopped next to Yoona and ducked her head upon her hands.

“Yeah...and I think it looks totally perfect...I hope you’ll like it because I don’t want to put myself in trouble again to go running all the way to the florist and pick up another bouquet for you...thanks!” Sunny warned her beforehand but Yoona already handed the flowers for Tiffany to check on it and she grinned broadly on the sight of it.

“Wow...this is cool...” Tiffany praised it, nodding her head and she brought the flower closer to her noise to sniff upon the sweet smell of it. She giggled and looked down again to Sunny.

“No...don’t worry...I won’t ask you to purchase it for me again...sorry to disturb you, by the way...especially when you’re in working time...but you know that our maknae’s wedding day is tomorrow...so, yeah...I’m kinda rushing over everything...” Tiffany apologized to her, tapping Sunny on her shoulder but Sunny snorted in return.

“Of course, I don’t mind helping you...I’m just...feeling tired that I needed to run all the way from my office to the florist!”

“Omo! Seriously? Why did you do that huh? You can take the cab, you know...it’s easier and faster...you don’t have to be so melodramatic...” Tiffany , laughing with Yoona while she placed down the bouquet securely on the nearby table but Sunny rolled her eyes.

“I know that I could but you should go out and see the traffic! Your term of ‘faster’ will automatically be changed to ‘slower’ by it!” she replied, earning even louder laughter from both of her friends. Tiffany shook her but she touched the screen of her phone when it rang to notify her about a message.

“I wish I could go out from this boutique but I just can’t...there are still bunch of things to be settled before the grand day tomorrow...” Tiffany told her, sighing at the thought of her being the busy wedding planner but as she tapped open on the picture, she gasped and clapped a hand on .

“Omo! Girls, look at this! The bakery’s owner called me just now...saying that the wedding cake has been done and I told her to send me a picture...here, check this out! This is a masterpiece too!” she explained all the way she walked back towards Yoona and Sunny.

The three of them gathered their heads together and stared down on her phone. Their eyes were all widening in pleasure when they eyed the image of the real wedding cake for tomorrow’s event.

“Aigoo...this is so pretty!” Yoona clapped her hands once and Sunny nodded in agreement.

“Yeah...and it looks delicious too!” the big vanilla cake was formed in four layers, started from the biggest one at the bottom and rose up until the smallest one above there. Each stage was coated with red icing that shaped like roses and there were also chocolate ribbons with chip-chocolate circling around the layer. It was indeed looked appetizing and suited the wedding theme very well.

“Yeay!!! Now we’re settled with cake and flowers already!!!” as Tiffany kept away her phone, Yoona jumped and cheered on her feet but Tiffany cleared and turned looking straight to her.

“Not yet...how about the feast? As I remember, it’s your job to get it done...” the wedding planner reminded her firmly but Yoona blew a kiss towards Tiffany.

“No worries! Yuri and I have got a perfect plan for it...come here! Yuri unnie ah!” Yoona grabbed hold of Tiffany’s hand and she dragged her to walk back towards the table that she sat just now. They walked until they saw Yuri was in the middle of facing a laptop in front of her. She glanced around and snorted to Yoona.

“There you are! Yah, where have you been huh? I’m having trouble to decide between these two menu!” Yuri scoffed to her but Yoona laughed and pushed Tiffany forward so that she could be the one to see the screen. Tiffany glared playfully to her but she focused her eyes again to the laptop and read upon the lists of the menu.

“Hmmm...let’s see...so we have the Korean food for appetizer and lunch...so, let have something western for dinner and at last...cakes, cookies, ice creams or fruits...yeah, that’s all for dessert I guess...” Tiffany busily arranged the menu with her hand moving the cursor around but Yuri clicked her tongue and looked up to her.

“Fany, dear...are you forget that we have Chinese in our ceremony? The groom is a Chinese, for God’s sake! Surely his family wants to eat Chinese food as well!” Yuri pointed it out but Tiffany stopped clicking on the mouse and straightened her body again.

Yoona clicked her finger, finally got an idea about it but Tiffany read Yuri’s face with confusion as her own expression. “Now that you say about it...I just notice that he never told me about his family...neither to put them in the invitation list...don’t you think it’s weird?”

“Nope, it’s not! Maybe his family is busy to come over here in Korea just to attend the wedding...besides, our maknae has never bothered about it too...” Yoona answered on behalf of her and Yuri simply shrugged. Tiffany started to feel unease about it but she gulped away the strange thought she had about it and continued surfing.

“Alright then...we will just prepare the Chinese food under the lunch section...you pick the rest of it, Yuri ah...” she ordered them and Yuri positioned herself to face the laptop directly again.

“Got it...” just when Tiffany was about to resume her work, they were disturbed by the click clack sound of someone’s heels and finally, Jessica appeared from top of the staircase.

“Yah, girls! Come up! She’s ready with her dress!” she yelled while giggling her body with excitement totally shown there. Tiffany, Yoona and Yuri instantly widened their eyes and the trio started walking towards her.

“Oh really? That’s awesome! Let’s go and check her out!” Tiffany said loudly while climbing up the stairs, following Jessica ahead of them but Yoona stopped on the middle and poked her head down to yell at Sunny.

“Yah, unnie! Come and see our maknae!”

“Huh, what?” Sunny who was still caught in tiredness due to her overload work and impacted by the rushing to pick up the bouquet just now, she easily fell asleep on the chair. Once she heard Yoona was screaming for her and the annoying sound of the girls’ heels, Sunny yawned widely and forced her body to stand up.

She followed slowly behind the girls as they had long disappeared into the big changing room. Suddenly half of her way there, she heard another familiar voice that was in the middle of talking or mumbling alone. Sunny forced her eyes to open wider and she scanned around the corridor until she stopped on the sight of Hyoyeon.

That friend of her was sitting around a small couch there as she was holding up a paper in her hands and reading something from it. Sunny rolled her eyes before walking to approach her.

“Yah, what are you still doing here? Let’s go...time for the dress...” she slipped her body on the couch, facing Hyoyeon but Hyoyeon held up a palm in front of her face – causing Sunny to blink on it – then she continued reading the text.

“Today! I am honored to be the one...to deliver the speech for our beloved newlyweds!” Hyoyeon was memorizing it in a very dramatic way till it caused Sunny to chuckle out loud at her. Sunny shook her head but she snatched the paper away from Hyoyeon and Hyoyeon glared.

“You! You really shouldn’t disturb me! I need to memorize it or I’ll screw up for the wedding tomorrow!” Hyoyeon complained in feedback and she stretched out her hands to get the paper again but Sunny shoved it behind her body and Hyoyeon groaned.

“Aish! Seriously, silly! What do you want huh?” Hyoyeon widened her eyes towards Sunny but her friend shook her head and wagged a finger in front of Hyoyeon’s face.

“No, no, no...you better watch out your word! Who’s the silly here huh? You or me? If you’re so smart, then you do not have to memorize a text for this, okay? Just go on and talk anything that you want to...it’s just our maknae, Hyoyeon ah...no need to be so polite or formal...” Sunny reasoned out to her but Hyoyeon blew air out from and ruffled her hair.

“Aigoo! I don’t know! Maybe because she’s the youngest and the cleverest among us...that’s why I’m having goosebumps here...” Hyoyeon gave her stomach pats a few times but Sunny shook her head and placed the paper back on her lap.

“If you said so, then maybe you should memorize it...I know that you’re caring about her...”

“Yeah! I cared a little too much until I don’t know how to handle her 3 000 and plus, plus invitation! Oh gosh! Why do they have to invite so many people huh?! For God’s sake, I’m tired already to reply their mails regarding their attendance or not!” Hyoyeon groaned in frustration, wrinkling her face as Sunny laughed out loud and watched her pushing the paper away from her lap before Hyoyeon replaced it with her laptop, starting to check on the list of guests again.

Sunny couldn’t stop laughing upon the stressed out Hyoyeon until Sooyoung suddenly poked out her head from inside the changing room and she shouted to them.

“Yah! Are you both coming or not?!” simultaneously Sunny and Hyoyeon turned their heads around and they both nodding while getting up from their seat.

“Yeah, yeah...we’re here...let’s take a look on the bride, shall we?” Sunny slung an arm around Hyoyeon’s shoulders on their way entering the room. Once they stopped by the door, they scanned around and spotted Jessica, Yoona, Yuri, Tiffany – the wedding planner and Sooyoung – the dress designer a.k.a the owner of this boutique have already stood waiting there. Sunny and Hyoyeon absentmindedly changed their eyes to focus on the long white curtain hung at the corner of the room to build one small space for the bride to get changed.

The unnies waited nervously, holding on their breath as they were all anticipating for the real bride to come out from behind the curtain later. At last, they heard the sound of her heels taking her slow steps and someone stretched apart the curtain to reveal herself.

The young bride, the maknae out of nine girls in their group, took her deep breath before she stepped out from behind the curtain and positioned herself in front of her unnies for their judgment upon the dress. All eyes went on her and they scanned the bride up and down.

Since the theme was reddish white, her dress was fully made from pearl white smooth silk that was fitly wrapped around her slim waist but it trailed long below, spreading big and grand skirt down to her feet. Exactly around her stomach and waist, there was dark red embroidery flowers patterned on it, brightening up her already enchanted design of that dress. It wasn’t a sleeveless one for there was a thick satin string that connected to the dress and was tied up around her neck but the attraction of the dress was centered on the back side because it made the bride to look y and appealing where it exposed her skin fully on her back.

She looked up to her unnies, studying their faces one by one when there was none of them who seemed to start talking. They just continued staring on her, speechless. The bride chewed her lower lip worriedly before she asked through her trembling voice, afraid that she didn’t look good in that dress.

“Unnie, don’t make me stress over here...tell me, is it okay or not? Or is it ugly? Do I need to change in another wedding dress?” Sooyoung blinked and searched for her face until their eyes met.

“Are you kidding me, Seohyun ah? You look extremely Goddess in this!” Sooyoung finally let out her opinion and it triggered the others to find their voice back.

“Yeah...” Jessica breathed heavily. “I’ve never seen a bride so pretty like this...you’re gorgeous, Seohyun ah...truthfully...”

 Once Jessica complimented her like that, Yoona gathered her hands and started giving away roaring applause for Seohyun. Sunny, Hyoyeon and Tiffany joined her shortly after that, clapping their hands while showing their thumb up to Seohyun.

The bride curved up her blinding smile so brilliantly to them, completing her angelic appearance in that dress and Yuri ran over to her. She stopped in front of Seohyun and instantly pulled her precious maknae inside her tight embrace.

“Oh God, Seohyun ah! I can’t believe that you’re finally going to get married! You look so beautiful, honey!” Yuri excitedly told her, Seohyun on her soft wavy hair and Seohyun chuckled while patting Yuri against her back.

“Thank you so much, unnie ah...I love you...” she whispered to her, closing her eyes to savor the moment when she can still rely on her sister’s shoulder. Yuri nodded slowly.

“Yeah...I love you too...” they both who were closest to each other continued hugging while warm tears slowly forming in their eyes. The rest who watched them around were also feeling touched inside while watching the unbreakable bond they have as friends and sist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter