The Monkey Mascot III

The Monkey Mascot

It’s been 2 years since Luhan had left for his treatments overseas. Sooyeon quitted the office staff job but she still visit the amusement park every Sunday for the Ferris wheel. She never got bored of it. Maybe she just loves it…

As for Luhan, she did not receive any information or news from Luhan. He never came back.

 

What are you thinking Sooyeon? You have to move on… He moved on, didn’t he?

 

Sooyeon reached her hand into her bag and took a Rubik cube out.. The cube that stored our happiness and sadness altogether… The last present from him.

 

 

It’s the last few days with Luhan here at Korea. Sooyeon realized that Luhan can really play the Rubik cube. And he plays in greatly. He can solve it in less than 5 minutes. He even tends to teach Sooyeon the formula. But with her stupid brain, she couldn’t catch up quick but he still teach me like a nice teacher will do. With patience.

“This is hard!”

She would always complain. But he just smiled and pats her head.

After a few more tries and a few more practice and some help from Luhan, she could finally solve one cube!

“YAY!!!!”

Sooyeon shouted in joy and hugged Luhan who seems shocked at the sudden contact. Realizing the awkwardness, she quickly let go and looked the other way… embarrassed.

“Sorry.”



Today, is the last day Luhan will visit the Ferris Wheel before leaving for his treatment… He didn’t want Sooyeon to send him to the airport. He insists her to stay here. They went on a cable on the Ferris wheel. He said he wanted to save a memorable memory of Sooyeon with him on the wheel. They even took pictures at the photo booth.

Sooyeon tried hard to force a smile every time he looks at her. But she lost control of it when Luhan decided to claim his last hug.

“Do you really have to leave?”

Sooyeon asked still hugging him tightly, having no intention of letting go any sooner.

 

I know it’s selfish to ask this but I don’t want you to leave.

 

“Shhh… I have to ever though I don’t want to.”

Luhan pats Sooyeon head and smiled.

“Just remember one thing. I always will love you. Always will.”

“With my condition, I don’t want to hurt anyone by entering a relationship- but that doesn’t mean I dislike you! If I ever come back… Let’s ride the Ferris wheel together!”

 

Luhan said flashing Sooyeon his warm smile. On the other side, Sooyeon couldn’t make herself smile anymore.

“Here. Take this to remind you of me.”

He said handing me his favorite Rubik cube. Sooyeon took it and hug it tightly. Slowly he turns his back and walked away. Staring at his back is the only thing she was left to do before breaking down.

 

Luhan… How are you? Are you doing well?



It’s a Sunday today. And Sooyeon’s visiting the amusement park again. She always went there alone. But today is Valentine’s Day. And her friends wanted to join her at the park with their boyfriends. They soon reached the park and without another word, they left her alone. They all went with their boyfriends.

 

They are SO my buddies.

 

Sooyeon sighed. She slowly walk to the Ferris wheel. But before that, she looks up and stare at the wheel. The corner of her lips formed a tiny smile. On the way there, a deer mascot jumped out from nowhere which causes Sooyoen’s heart skipped a beat.

 

Since when there’s a deer mascot here?

 

She thought she turned to the other way but the deer happens to go that way too.

“Excuse me? Am I blocking you or something?”

Although he’s quite annoyed, but she asked him politely. Without any warning, Sooyeon was pulled by the mascot into the Ferris Wheel.

“YIKESS!!”

The door then closed. And the wheel started to move.

 

“HEYYY!! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?? WHO ARE YOU??”

Sooyeon shouted at him slowly backing away until she reached the wall. That stranger turned his back at her and look out at the window.

 

“It’s been two years right? I thought you would forget about me…”

 

That voice…

 

“But I guess I was wrong. Do you know it’s hard to find you when you quitted your job here? But lucky, I came across your friend Taeyeon the other day and I found you…”

 

It can’t be him right?...

 

The mascot reached for the head and took it off. Reviewing his back to Sooyeon… He slowly turns and looks at her in the eyes.

“Do you still remember me?”

 

It’s Luhan. He’s Luhan!

 

Tears of happiness started to fall. She looks at him and blinks a few times.

 

It’s really him! He’s back!

 

 “Omo. Silly girl. Stop crying. I’m back, aren’t I?”

Luhan hugged her and brushes his hand against her cheeks.

 “Please tell me this isn’t a dream.”

“No. This is not a dream.”

 “I miss you so much.”

Sooyeon said looking at him into his eyes.

 

He hasn’t change one bit.

 

Luhan leans in until their foreheads were touching.

“I love you, Sooyeon-ah.”

As gently as ever, he place his lips on Sooyeon and they shared a long but sweet kiss.

 

 

 

 




EPILOGUE [if you can consider this as.]

 

 “Appa. Umma. Why do you like the Ferris wheel so much?”

Wen Hao asked his parents. His mother looks at him and smile. His father walks over to them and back hugged the two of them.

“The Ferris wheel is the place where your umma and I first met.”

He reaches down to kiss his son’s forehead.

“Oh~ is that why we always come here?” Wen Hao giggled.

“Yes.” Both of his parents said together.

 

It’s been 5 years after Luhan came back. He and Sooyeon got married and got Wen Hao. In Sooyeon’s belly now, carries a living human which will be Wen Hao’s little sister. Life was happier with more family members adding of course.

“I’ll bring my girlfriend here too then.”

Wen Hao smiled at his parents, who shook their head. Sooyeon chuckled at her son.

“You’re too young for that, kid.”

“He got that behavior from you.”

Sooyeon giggled when Wen Hao stuck his tongue out as his father.

 

“Let’s ride the Ferris wheel together.”