Dandelions

I Can't Wish for Eternity 「永遠に叶わない」

"Let's go?" I raised my head and looked at Jun who was looking at the heavens. He slowly nodded his head and looked at me. I took a last glance at her grave. I focused my eyes on the bouquet of dandelions I placed there. Then we both walked towards his car which was parked across the street from the entrance of the cemetery. I sat on the passenger's seat and put my camera bag on my lap. Jun drove back to the studio.

---~~~---

"I want to sit beside Ai-chan~!" Yatta! The six of us were talking about the field trip while walking on the way home. "Since we're riding a plane, they won't care from which class we'll sit with right?" She cheerfully said.

"Waa~ I'm SUPER happy!" I said. Hahaha I could laugh at the other four's faces but tried not to.

"Okay then, I'll sit beside Riida." Nino recovered from the disappointed face of his.

"No way! I don't want to sit with this brat." Ohno complained as he looked at the other two, begging one of them to sit with him instead.

"Sakurai-san, would you want to sit beside me during the trip?" Jun asked Sho.

"Yes please, Matsumoto-san." Sho replied, joining Jun in teasing Ohno.

"You guys are mean to me." Ohno pouted. We all laughed, except for Ohno.

"Waaah~ This is going to be a fun trip!" Chii said.

"We think so too~!" Sakumoto teased again.

"Please save meee." Ohno pleaded. Oh by the way, this is the normal 'Ohno Satoshi'. But he won't show his true self to people other than us. Nino laughed evilly. Oh, that brat.

---~~~---

"Masaki!" I hear repeating shouts from different people. The doorbell repeatedly rang and there were knocks on the door. "Ai-chan?" I immediately stood up from my bed.

"Hai! Hai!" I went to unlock the door and opened it to see the five of them, all with their own suitcases.

"We'll be late because of you." Ohno said. It looked like he didn't sleep.

"I'll get my things!" I hurriedly went back to my room and changed my clothes. I quickly wore my pants and put on my hoodie. I got my phone from the table then pulled my suitcase and carried my smaller bags, especially my camera bag. I took the keys from my pocket, stepped out of the apartment and locked the door. We started our way to the bus stop. The other four already went ahead and ran. I was walking briskly with Chii.

I looked at my watch, it was about time that the bus to the airport arrived. We turned to the street on the left and saw the other four boarding the bus.

"Hurry!" Sho shouted. I grabbed Chii's hand and fastened my pace. We reached the bus. As we got in, we paid and looked at the other four seated at the backmost seats. We made our way and sat on the seats in front of their row on the left column. I sat by the window.

"Look!" She pointed out the window. I followed her finger and looked at two little kids, a girl and a boy. They were walking hand in hand. I quickly got my camera from the bag and took the shot. 

"Let me see.." She reached her hands out to get the camera. I tilted it to show her the photograph. "Amazing." Her face brightened up. She looked at me and smiled. "I'm sure Ai-chan will become a professional photographer someday."

During the whole bus ride, I was talking to Chii about our future plans. Nino was playing with Riida's hair while he was sleeping. Sho and Jun were listening to Jun's iPod.

We eventually reached Haneda airport and went to the terminal where all students will assemble.

"Oy! We'll be late because of the six of you!" The vice principal shouted. "All the other students are already on the plane." The six of us hurriedly pulled our luggages as we followed the vice principal make his way to the airplane gate.

We got on our plane and sat on our own seats. "Ne, wanna listen to some songs? I downloaded a few by Johnny's Jr." She got her earphones and plugged it to her phone. "Sure." I said. She handed me one of the earphones.

---~~~---

"Ai-chan?" I opened my eyes and turned to my left to see her looking at me. The others were standing and getting the luggages above the seats. "We're already in Kagoshima airport." She giggled. I can't believe I fell asleep! We were just listening to songs and then I fell asleep even if I wasn't supposed to!

"Ah." I looked outside the window, it looked like it had just rained. Since the other students already got off the plane, Chii and I finally stood up and got our stuff. I was still disappointed with myself. I finally had the chance to be with her but then it just got out of my hands.

"It seems like you weren't able to sleep last night, huh?" She said while we were walking towards the arrival lobby. All the students were formed in two lines and pulling all our suitcases.

"Uhh sorry. I actually planned to talk to you, after we're done listening to all the songs you downloaded but before I knew it, I was already asleep." 

"Well since you were asleep, I ended up talking to Nino because all the others were also sleeping." Nino again. He's always the one who's with her

We were all just standing while our teachers were confirming some stuff with the travel agency. "Hey, we've got nothing to do tonight, right? Let's explore the town, just the two of us!" She excitedly whispered.

"But what if the teacher catch us? We're not allowed to go anywhere else until the free day." I replied by whispering too.

"Oy, what you two whispering about over there?" Jealous Sho asked.

"We're planning a prank on Nino." She giggled. This liar, she's so fast at making things like this. Sho then went back to talking to Jun. I sighed of relief.

"Don't worry, they won't know." She started walking and I realized we were on our way to board the bus to the hotel. While we were walking to the bus port, normal Nino, being all noisy and childish, was making fun of Riida. The people around us were looking at them and there are just times when Nino's too much already.

"Oy Ninomiya! Shut up and hurry or else the bus will leave you and the others!" One of the teachers shouted. I heard Sho and Jun's soft chuckle as Nino got on the bus. The 5 of us followed after him and sat on our seats. As usual, I got the window side seat while Chii was by the aisle. Across us was Nino with Ohno by the window. Sakumoto stayed behind us. The whole bus ride, Chii and I were looking at some sights to see in the town and we started planning where to go tonight.

We eventually reached the hotel and the staff helped us unload our things. All the students assembled at the lobby while carrying our small bags. The teachers stood in front of us and told us how the room assignments would work. Everyone's free to pick who their room mates are and which room number will be theirs but under two conditions: all rooms on the 4th, 6th and 8th row would be occupied by the guys while on the 3rd, 5th and 7th, the girls would be occupying the rooms there; and there would only be three people in each hotel room but those three people must come from the same class.

Naturally, Sho, Jun and Kazu were roommates while Riida and I were with a classmate of ours, Shimamoto-kun. We all finished writing our names on the paper that was being passed around for the teachers to know who is occupying which room. So the seven of us, including Chii, rode the elevator. We stopped on the 3rd floor and Chii stepped out. "See you guys later." She smiled. And the elevator door closed. 

The six boys got out of the elevator on the 4th floor. We separated into our two groups and went to our hotel rooms. Riida held out the key card and opened the door, he walked in and sat down on the couch. Shimamoto-kun dashed inside and jumped onto the bed. I pulled my suitcase and walked straight, to the veranda. I opened the curtains and saw a great view of Sakurajima (note: it is a volcano located in Kagoshima). I enjoyed the after-rain breeze and then heard something, or someone. "Ai-chan?"

I looked around then downwards to the right, I saw her. "Chii." I whispered. I looked back and saw the glass sliding door was open so I went to close it. I went back to my previous position. "Your room is near." She giggled.

"Where do you want to go tonight?" I asked.

"Anywhere as long as I get to be with you." I think I blushed.

"I-I'll bring my camera."

---~~~---

It was already 6 in the evening and teachers explained to everyone that all girls are not allowed on the boys' floors and vice versa. The lobby is the only place at this time that can be a meeting place for boys and girls. I have to make it not obvious to the other boys that I'm meeting her tonight..

The three guys from the other class suddenly came in our room. "We brought snacks!" Jun was holding two bags of chips. Oh great, it will be harder for me to get away..

Kazu the television and sat on the floor. Jun sat beside Ohno on the couch and Sho was sitting on my bed. I was standing. How could I escape? I looked at my watch, it was already 18:55, five minutes 'til our meeting at the lobby.

"I'll just go to the vending machine to buy coffee." I lied.

"Ah, Ai-chan, will you buy me a melon bread too?" Kazu said. "Oh! I'll get coffee too!" Sho said. "Me too!" Shimamoto-kun and Jun said. They all handed me money. I looked at Ohno.

"Riida?"

"You don't have to get me anything." He sighed.

"Okay." I left the room and rushed to the elevator. I walked to the lobby and saw some students at the restaurants, teachers walking around, and a long line for the vending machine. I saw Chii by the couches. I called out to her and she turned around. She smiled as I went near her.

"Ready?" She giggled. I looked around, no teachers in sight, hotel staff weren't looking, students didn't mind us.

"Game." We both dashed towards the exit of the hotel. But then, I stopped because I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Where do you think you're going?" A security guard, uh oh. Chii looked at him closely. The guard laughed.

"Hiroki-niiisan?" Eh?

"Chii-chan! Long time no see!" They gave each other a high five. I observed his face if by any chance that I know him. "Eh? Are you Nino now?!" He asked me.

"Huh?" I shook my head. Chiyomi giggled.

"He's Ai-chan. Aiba Masaki." She introduced me.

"Oh! The one I haven't met! Let me see.. There was Nino, Oh-chan, uh, that cool looking dude..."

"Matsujun."  I said.

"Yeah, and the smart kid!" He said.

"That's Sho." So how come he met them all except for me?

"Anyway, Hiroki-niisan, we're kinda in a bit of hurry. We wouldn't want to be caught by the teachers." Chii grabbed my arm. "See ya!" We ran away leaving the security guard surprised.

"Hey! Aiba! Take care of my lovely cousin-in-law! Don't do anything to her!" Cousin-in-law? We ran far enough for the teachers not to spot us. We both caught our breath for a minute and continued walking.

We arrived at a bridge. We continued walkind down to the riverside. I got my camera out from its bag and shot a photograph of the night view of the city.

"Ai-chan, you know, I noticed you don't smile as much as you always did before."

"Eh?" I turned my head from the camera to her.

"In all the pictures, you're not there."

"Well of course, that's because I'm the one who takes them."

"I know that! But won't it be a little more meaningful if you're included inside the picture?" She said. Before I could say anything, she started coughing continuously.

"Chiyomi! Are you okay?!" I stood up and held her back. Oh no, maybe she's having an attack. Why now. I looked around. I carried her and I walked briskly until I saw a cab. I asked to drive to the nearest clinic or hospital. I paid the taxi with the money the guys gave me. I rushed her to the Emergency Room. I was told to wait by the nurses.

I was worried. What could happen to her... It's been a long while since she last had an attack. After 30 minutes, a nurse went outside the room and told me that Chii's okay at the moment. She asked me some details about her and what happened before the attack. "You can go see her now." She said as she was done writing some stuff. I went in the room.

"Ai-chan, sorry."

"I was really worried, you know!" I went closer to her. I saw tears were about to fall from her eyes. "I'm sorry." I grabbed a chair and sat beside her. We were alone inside the room.

"Ai-chan, smile." I looked at her. I smiled before the thought 'How the hell could I possibly smile when you're like that?!' came to me. I held her cold hands. She smiled back. The most gentle, sweetest and most beautiful smile I have always seen. "Do you remember back then... when we were both admitted to the hospital?" We started reminiscing that time, when we were still 6 years old.

---~~~---

"Rin-chan, how's Ai-chan?" I heard her small voice while I was about to open the door to her room. I slid it open. "Ah, AI-CHAN!" She ran and hugged me. I was surprised.

"Chiyomi, don't run. It will be bad for your heart." The nurse stood up from her chair.

"Ai-chan, you know, you know! This nurse here, is my cousin!" She pulled me and we went closer to the nurse.

"I'm Mihara Rin. University student but I'm already taking my practice as a nurse here. Nice to meet you." She smiled. "Are you okay now, Aiba-kun?"

"Hai.."

"Ai-chan, I was really worried when she told me you collapsed and was admitted here." She looked down. "But now that you're okay, I'm happy!" She had a big smile on her face. I smiled back. Then we both laughed. "Rin-chan, can we go outside to play with the others?" She asked.

"No, for both of you. What you need right now is rest. I'll go outside to check on Ohno-kun and the others." Rin left the room.

"Ne, Rin-chan's going to meet her boyfriend." Chii giggled. "I saw him playing with Nino and the others through the window."

"I see." I said. Then I felt her hand holding mine.

"I will put a spell on you, to protect you so the you'll always be healthy!" She held out her free hand and put it on my head. "Yaa!" I didn't know what she was doing. "Okay, now Ai-chan will always be protected!"

---~~~---

She put her hand on my head. "Protection spell, please protect him forever." She whispered. A soft smile showed on her face. She put her hand down. I leaned closer to her.

I kissed her gently. As I leaned back, I whispered "Protection spell, please protect her forever.. Yaa!" She smiled and we ended up laughing. And then the door opened.

"Chiyomi?!" The guys went in the room. "Are you okay?" Sho asked. Chii nodded.

"The teachers are outside, talking to the doctor." Ohno said.

"Uh oh, Masaki, you might be in big trouble for sneaking out!!" Jun said.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Where's my melon bread?" Nino asked.

This night was unforgettable. The six of us spent the night at the hospital. I kissed her.

---~~~---

To be continued. >.<

YES FINALLY AFTER FOUR MONTHS, I WAS ABLE TO UPDATE!! Omg Aiba kissed her!!!! XD Lol what happened to Shimamoto-kun if his roommates spent the night at the hospital...?  HAHA

Aiba is a photographer here~ Just like in "My Girl". In the previous chapter, MatsuJun is revealed to be a model. So it's like they're working together.

You guys still remember how I wrote the other chaps? The italic part at the first parts is the future.. The italic part towards the end is them reminiscing the past. And the main plot of the chappie is the not italic ones!! Or some italic sentences which is part of the "main part" will be the character's thoughts or something. XD Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

Dandelions = Happiness. :")

This chapter was longer than the other two, huh? Well, get ready for the next chapter because it might be longer!! I was already done writing the plot of the net chapter so I might be able to post it super soon!!

 

*edit (01/14/12): 

future is highlighted gray

present stays normal

past is colored brown

 

Next Chapter: Nino's POV!! ^__^