Fate Binds

Fate

A/N:  Thank you for the support on this short little thing! ^^ There's only about a chapter left, and I'm planning on a nice fluffy ending~  I will admit, though, I didn't put as much effort into this as I could have... I'm focusing on One Year for that ^^;  But thanks so much for reading!


"Thank you, Yoona.  It's a pleasure to meet you, Dr. Cho."

Kyuhyun didn't know what to be shocked at: the fact that Siwon was standing in front of him, the fact that Siwon was now a renowned doctor just like him, or the fact that the man was somehow speaking in perfect English.  Fate, you are cruel.  To bring us back together like this...  I never thought I'd see Siwon like this.  Matter of fact, I wasn't expecting to see him ever again.

Kyuhyun forced a smile on his face and dismissed Yoona.  That smile, however, immediately disappeared when Yoona closed the door.  Kyuhyun faced Siwon, who was now sitting in the guest chair across his desk.  The two merely stared at each other in an uncomfortable silence for a few minutes.  Siwon, hating the awkward atmosphere, decided to speak up first.

"So how have you been, Dr. Cho?"

"What are you doing here?"

"...I'm here on business.  I'm here as a representative of Seoul Hospital.  Our team has come up with some new ideas to treating bone fractures and deformations, and I-"

"How did you know about this place, and about me?"

*sigh*  "You're a pretty famous doctor now, Kyuhyun.  It's hard not to see your name in the medical world."

"But... how did I never hear of you..?  Yoona said you were..."

"A renowned doctor in Korea, yes.  I've risen up the ranks pretty quickly myself.  I don't really know what you did not to hear about me."  Siwon nervously averted his gaze, feeling awkward talking about himself like that.

"..."  Kyuhyun was deep in thought.  Renowned Korean doctor?  Why have I never heard of him then?  Kyuhyun stiffened when he remembered.  I specifically asked Yoona never to bring me any Korean names.  I told her to let the other doctors handle meeting the Korean doctors.  He must've known, and asked to meet me in person...

"But why are you here?  What brought you to the States?  And where'd you learn to speak in English like that?"

"I told you, I'm serving as a rep for Seoul Hospital.  And you know I always loved languages."  Kyuhyun slightly nodded at the memory.  He remembered that Siwon always loved learning other languages.  On top of Korean, the older was fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese, and could speak a bit in Japanese and French.  Still, Kyuhyun was surprised to hear Siwon speaking in English in a way that even surpassed native speakers.  But still, Kyuhyun wasn't satisfied.

"You could've met with some of the other doctors that often meet Koreans.  Face it.  You wanted to see me."

"..."

"Why?"

"Kyuhyun... why are you being so cold?  Don't you want things to be like they were back then?  When we were inseperable, when we planned to stay with each other forever?  Don't you even want to know how I've been?"  Kyuhyun couldn't help but notice the pleading tone Siwon had put on.  It was almost as if the man was crazy to get something from Kyuhyun.

"Fine.  How have you been?"

"...It's been hard.  It's been hard because... you left.  I couldn't even keep contact with you, Kyuhyun.  These last years have been the worst of my life.  I wondered if you were just joking with me when we promised to go to grad school together.  Why'd you leave me..?"

"Clearly I wasn't actually that important to you back then.  I trusted you, and you couldn't even tell me about your relationship.  You said you only needed me, that dating was arbitrary as long as I was there.  Why did you even hide it?  Do you even know how I felt!?"  Kyuhyun could barely contain his voice from becoming an all out shriek at Siwon.  Siwon could only shrink in regret at Kyuhyun's rant, before realizing something.

"How... you felt?  Did you..?"

"YES!  I LOVED YOU!" Kyuhyun quickly stopped himself to steady his breathing, careful not to alert Yoona with his yelling.  His voice was reduced to a whisper, so quiet it seemed he was only talking to himself.  "I was in love with you ever since we made that promise.  I realized I wanted to stay with you that badly.  But... I was always to scared to confess.  I was scared of being rejected.  I was scared because you never seemed to have any intention of dating anyone.  Not even me, your best friend.  That's all I was.  A best friend that filled in the void whenever Tiffany wasn't there.  The day I wanted to confess to you... you proposed.  I couldn't take it.  I realized I had no chance, so I left.  I wanted to start a new life, away from the past.  And it worked.  But now..."  Kyuhyun lost his voice as tears began freely streaming down his cheeks.

Siwon didn't know what to do.  He... loved me.  All these years... I was blind to it.  I couldn't have hurt him more on our graduation day...  It's true that I lied to him.  I gave him hope for four years, only to destroy it all in a matter of minutes.  Why was I so stupid?  What about now?  Does he still feel the same?  What do I feel for him?  I made sure to meet him when I heard about this opportunity...  But why, exactly?  Do I share his feelings..?

By the time Siwon snapped out of his daze, Kyuhyun had calmed down and now sorted through some papers.  "Here, Dr. Choi.  It's a schedule for our meetings this week.  You can present your ideas to the board starting tomorrow, and we can discuss your plans then.  If that's all... good day.  I have patients to check on."  With that, Kyuhyun quickly escorted Siwon out of his office, and rushed off to his patients.  Siwon still wasn't sure of himself, but he knew he never wanted to see Kyuhyun cry like that again.

The next few days were absolutely painful.  The two only ever met at the meetings, where Siwon would half-distractedly present his ideas to the board.  While the doctors discussed among themselves, Siwon would stare at Kyuhyun, sitting at the head of the table.  He just watch Kyuhyun work, and take mental notes on how he looked.  Outside of meetings, Siwon would catch Kyuhyun tending to patients, a soft smile on his face while he talked.  His voice was melodious, calming down everyone in the room.  It's as if he's an angel sent to help these people...  Siwon realized more and more that he needed Kyuhyun back in his life.  Siwon had taken him for granted, and therefore lost the most precious thing in the world.  He decided.  I need Kyuhyun.  And by that, I mean... I love him.

By the end of the week, the final meeting on Siwon's presentation was held.  The meetings went well, and the board agreed to start trying to implement the new treatment procedures.  Siwon's job at the hospital was done.  He was ready to go back to Seoul in a few days.  He decided he needed to talk to Kyuhyun one more time.  Gathering up the last of his courage, he knocked on Kyuhyun's office door.

"Come in."

"Hey..."  Kyuhyun didn't even look up from the document he was reading.

"Oh, Dr. Choi.  Did you need anything else before you leave for Seoul?  I believe we have everything prepared to begin the new procedures, and we'll send you reports on how things go over the next few months."  Siwon cringed.  He didn't like how Kyuhyun acted professional, even when it was just the two of them.

"Kyuhyun, please..."

*sigh* "What is it, Siwon?"

"I need to talk."

"Well, I can't quite run away, so you might as well."

"Come to Seoul with me."

"..What?"  Siwon took a deep breath.

"Move back to Korea with me.  Please.  You don't know how much I've been through since you left.  I broke up with Tiffany really quickly after you left.  I didn't know what to do with myself.  I didn't realize that I need you, that I love you.  Please, Kyuhyun.  Give me a second chance.  Forgive my stupidity for all these years I've wasted.  But please, please don't make me waste any more without you."

"..."  Kyuhyun finally looked up from the document.  He saw Siwon's eyes pleading for some kind of response.  What do I do now..?  This idiot, he really thinks he-

"Hmmph!"  Kyuhyun gasped when he felt lips come into contact with his own.  Siwon placed more pressure into the kiss, causing Kyuhyun to bite his lip to avoid .  Neither could deny they've ever felt so complete during that moment.  They knew what they were feeling, just from the simple contact of their lips.  Kyuhyun finally got what he wanted after so many years, and Siwon realized what he was missing out on.  Kyuhyun's lips were just too perfect.  Siwon wanted to take it further, but, sensing Kyuhyun's discomfort, pulled away slowly.  He was suddenly worried at how Kyuhyun would react to the sudden act.

"...Kyuhyun?"

"..."

"..."  Siwon was getting worried.  Kyuhyun lowered his head, trying to hide his burning face.  He quickly mumbled something under his breath, but Siwon caught it.

"Took you long enough..."  Siwon started to genuinely smile, for the first time in what felt like forever.

"So you mean..!?"

"I'll see If I can..."  Siwon went around the desk to tightly hug Kyuhyun from behind.

"Thank you so much, Kyu.  I promise, I won't ever hurt you again.  Please, don't leave me agian.  And this time, stay with me as my boyfriend."  Kyuhyun's face turned even redder as he nodded in response.

That night, Siwon checked out of his hotel and slept over at Kyuhyun's.  They went to bed together, with Siwon possessively wrapping an arm around Kyuhyun's waist, pulling the younger into the older's body.  Kyuhyun was glad Siwon couldn't see how badly his face was blushing, especially when Siwon started kissing the back of his head.

"Kyuhyun, you don't know how much you mean to me.  Being here with you, I realize now that it's all I've ever needed."  Kyuhyun only lay there, looking at the full moon through the window.

Fate, it finally bound us together, didn't it?  I guess patience paid off in the end.

He slept in complete bliss for the first time in years.


A/N:  Now just a short little epilogue to go~  Again, thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoyed! ^^