KAI - Part 2

The Birth Of Exo

KAI

I pushed myself of the bed and ran as fast as my feet could carry me. What could have happened? Why is Omma screaming? Is she in danger? As I was running down the stairs, I recalled back to the words that mysterious man had said to me. “Oh, and Jongin, make sure to look after your mother,” Could this be what he meant with that?

“Jongin-ah!!!!” Omma’s panicking voice snapped me back to reality. I rushed down the stairs only to find Omma holding a broom and screaming at a fluffy white cat on the counter top. Apparently it was trying to get the fish out of the paper bag by clawing at it. Aigoo.

“Aigoo, Omma~ It’s just a cat…..” I let out a relieved sigh. Thank god nothing bad had happened to her. I walked up to the counter, slowly sneaking up to the cat before grabbing it quickly and brought it outside. Mom and cats. They never go together. After closing the door, I went to Omma’s side and hugged her shoulders to calm her down. She was still hyperventilating. I held Omma’s face between the palms of my hand and stared into her eyes. “Omma, calm down, take a deep breath,” She followed as I said and took a deep breath. Once her breathing went back to normal, I continued “It’s just a cat, and it’s freaking cute! How can you not like cats?”

                She pushed my hand down and smiled at me before turning her back on me. She walked up to the counter to the counter to get her fish and a frying pan. Omma started to get the fire going. She was cleaning the fish with some water before she said to me without looking at me. “I just hate cats Jongin. I just can’t help it. “ I smiled at her back because it really was rare to see this side of Omma. The vulnerable side of her. I was smiling like a fool when she said “ Jongin, go wash up. I;m going to continue doing laundry,” I was about to head upstairs until she called me again, “Oh Jongin-ah! Do you want pancakes for breakfast?” I smiled.

“Of course I do! Hee hee thanks ,omma!”

After having, the breakfast with omma, she would leave for work and for me; the day had passed like always. Usually, after eating with omma, I would have left to help my neighbor feed his horses and cattles because one, it’s fun and two, I get money to help omma. Sometimes, I would even help him with cleaning the stables and my personal favorite, milking the cow. Mr. Jung would always give us a bottle of freshly squeezed milk. But for today, Mr. Jung wasn’t at home and the cattle and horses weren’t there too except for his trust and loyal husky dog, Bobo. Maybe he had gone to sell his cattle and horses, I guess.

“Oh well, I guess I better had home,” I walked home until a villager ran towards me with a worried face. He suddenly grabs me by the shoulder with a panic but sad expression on his face.

“Jongin-ah, y-your,” He couldn’t finished the sentence as if his throat was stuck. I knew he was going to say something bad happen but I don’t even want to think about it.

“Why, mister?” I lift his hand off of my shoulders.

“Your mother Jongin-ah, she-“ before he could even finish his words, I left all my stuff and ran as fast as I could.

Villagers were crowding at my house and they quickly made way as I ran through them, understanding of what is happening, their faces were in shocked, some closed their eyes. I ran inside only to find the sheriff and his men including a few other villagers in the kitchen. The sheriff saw me standing and came towards me,

“Jongin, I’m so sorry, we tried-“

“Shh,” I cut him off. I pushed him away and to my surprise, he actually let me through.

He patted my shoulder and suddenly gives me a sad smile, “Jongin, it’s probably best if you get home now. Trust me, we would meet soon.” He patted my hair before scrunching up his forehead. He looked like he was in pain.

His words echoed in my head.

“Oh, and Jongin, make sure to look after your mother,”

Were this was what the strange man meant? Is this really happening? As I walk closer, I could smell blood, I wish my feet would stop, because I don’t want to face this, not now, not yet, I’m still not ready. I’m still young and I need my mother. I pushed them away and I wasn’t surprised that they didn’t stopped me. In the end, I would have to know the truth.

There, right in front of my eyes, a dead body lying across the floor, her back facing me. I snuck under the yellow tape that was written ‘Do Not Cross’ but I didn’t care; I went straight to the corpse, praying to god that it wasn’t omma. It couldn’t be. She looked like she was sleeping soundly, and I would like to believe that she was. I kneeled down next to her and gently pulled her shoulder so that I could see her face. Omma. Her cheeks were pale like all the blood in her body had been flushed out. Her eyes wide with fear and were agape like she was trying to scream. She looked so terrified. Then, my eyes traced down to her body, blood stained her clothes, actually it was all over it. A sharp knife had stabbed her right in the stomach. The flesh around it looked jagged and raw like the murderer had twisted the knife after stabbing omma.

I gulped down so hard, it made a loud noise. I was trying not to cry but then Sheriff came to me and patted my back. I instantly choked up and tears were flowing down my cheeks and I couldn’t stop myself. I looked down because I didn’t want them to see me crying, I didn’t want them to see me weak and crying. I took a deep breath and curled my hand into a fist, my veins were showing and suddenly all I saw was red. I could feel my blood boiling up. My mind was infuriated with revenge. The anger felt good somehow and I welcomed it. I like how it crawled up inside my body, empowering my mind.

“I will find you, and I will kill you.” I said quietly to myself. In my mind I imagined the killer who took Omma’s life away. I imagined how omma must have suffered to death while waiting for someone to find her I stood up and reassured myself and faced the Sheriff. “Sir, I hope you could find this murderer and I would like him…dead.” I said to him. My face was expressionless but deep down in my heart, all I wanted was to rip out the killer’s heart and burn him into pieces until he was nothing.

Son, killing the murderer will only make you the same as him.

A voice echoed inside my head, the voice sounded familiar and it took me a second to realize that it was the strange man’s voice. My mind quickly registered him as the killer. I hissed. Maybe he was trying to distract me so he could kill her.

I’m not the killer, my son. Your mother has met her Fate.

“You liar!” I roared. Everyone looked at me like I was a lunatic. The police was getting closer to me including Sheriff. I hugged omma close to my chest.

“Now,now Jongin, don’t do something stupid, I’m sure we will catch the-“  Sheriff tried to calm me down but I cut him off coldly.

“Sheriff, can you please ask the villagers to help me bury my mother, I need to go and finish up some things,” I stopped then I added, “I’ll come back before dawn,” I looked at Omma’s corpse sadly and laid her back down gently. Once, omma was laid carefully, I thought to myself, I will avenge you, omma. I stood up and turned around to face the crowd. I looked at the sheriff and gave him a firm nod. I turned my head only to see the villager staring at me. Obviously they were eavesdropping on your conversation. Some were holding their family close to them, trying to protect them from me, some looked at me with sympathy in their eye while others quickly looked away, afraid to face me. I ignored and went pass them. Pushing through the crowd I noticed a tall man at the edge of the crowd, standing behind a tree. Though I couldn’t see his face because the tree was blocking the harsh sunlight from shining on his face, I knew instantly it was him. The strange man. Omma’s murderer.

He was looking…at me. I couldn’t see his face quite clearly but I knew it by his black brown trench coat. He turned around and walked towards the forest just beside my house. I can’t let him go just like that. He needs to be punished.

“AHJUSSSI!!!!!” I ran towards him like mad dog with my fist hurling towards his face, the old man spun around, and eventually he disappeared. “Come fight you coward!” I shouted. I looked to my left and right, but he wasn’t there.

Jongin, stop this please. You know where to find me, use your power young one.

I heard his voice but he was nowhere to be seen. I shouted and sat on the ground. Feeling frustrated, I buried myself between my knees and closed my eyes. After a second, I heard the sound of rustling leaves and I feel the wind dancing around me. I quickly looked up and realized I was already in another place.

“Jongin,” It was him. I turned back and he was standing not so far from me, but far enough that I couldn’t reach my hand to him. The anger feeling that built up inside me suddenly gone just like that. Instead, I felt lonely, empty, and sadness that’s consuming my whole heart.

“Why her…?” I said weakly, my voice shaken. I looked up to the sky, cursing the gods, cursing everyone.

“Trust me, it’s not your fault,” Suddenly he was next to me, his hands carefully placed on my shoulder. I didn’t fight; instead I let him do that. I have no energy left to fight or to get mad. His next words shocked me.

“Jongin, I want to take you as my son,” He stood beside me, and I looked up he was gazing at me steadily, his eyes were hard to read but he was stern about it. “I can teach you, about your abilities, I’ll be your mentor, your father, if you want me too,” He said hopefully.

I thought about it for a second. Then I asked, “How do you know my mother’s going to die?” I looked down to the ground, tears pooled and I didn’t want him to see me like that.

“I told you, son, I know things,” As he said that he grabs by my shoulder forcing me to stand up, I wiped my eyes quickly. “Please, Jongin, trust me, you will need me, I promise I will take care of you and…” He trailed off, I turned around to see him in the face. I got to see his face clearly, he looked young, I noticed he was even taller than me, of course.

“And what?”

“And I’ll help you find your mother’s murderer, only if you agreed to be with me,”  I found his eyes immediately when he said that.

“Promise me you would?” I said hopefully.

“I promise, and I will do anything just so you would come with me,” He smiled. For a second, I wondered why he’s so eager to want me.

“Okay,” I hesitated at first but then, where I can go? I’m just sixteen and I have no relatives at all in this town, I might as well go with him, the only person who knew and understand what person I am, I even wondered if I’m even human. He smiled sincerely to my agreement.

“Come, Jongin, you’ll be amaze to what you can do young one,” He beamed at me, and lend out his hand to me. “Oh and by the way, I’m Dan, you can call me by my name, I don’t mind, but I don’t mind if you call me Father or anything,” I can tell he’s nervous but I think he’s fine.

“Okay, Dan, let’s go wherever we’re supposed to go, I guess,” I shrugged because to be honest I don’t know where we should go since the forest is around us and I could see nothing but trees and more trees. I hold his hands and in a nanosecond, we’re already somewhere else, it was so bright it took me a while to process this, then I realized I was in a house, the walls were chalk white, even the furniture are white, the shelves, the whole thing were white, it’s like snow in here. But then I noticed something green, I looked to my right and there were trees…outside. The house has full length window all around it. I realized once more that his house was surrounded with trees, the forest. I took me a second to guess that his house were far isolated from the civilization

“Ahj- I mean Dan, where are we?” The place was warm and cozy, not as home-ish as my home back in the village but it was comfortable, I looked at myself and feeling how dirty I was compared to this place.

“We’re in my house but now it’s not mine alone anymore,” He grins. He lives all alone here? But the house looked like a mansion from the inside. Why didn’t he share it with anyone? “It’s our house. Welcome, my son,” He smiled and hugged me. I squirm uncomfortable, not really liking him hugging me. He felt it and quickly detached himself from me.

“I’m sorry, I was happy, really, but anyway Jongin, there’s so much I want to tell you, so much thing I want to teach you about, so many things I want to share with you,” The way he said was so full of enthusiasm. Suddenly, with a flick of his fingers, the fireplace suddenly lit up. My jaw dropped and my eyes were wide open.

“How the heck did you do that?” I blurted out. Amazed yet scared almost.

“I told you Jongin, I’m just like you only I know a lot more than you,” He snickered and ruffled my hair with his knuckles. I grunt in pain. I can’t help but grin as well.

“Teach me how!” I jumped, eager to do so.

“Oh no, you only possess the power to teleport, so do I, but you can do no more than that only,” He cocked his head to one side and put one finger to his chin, watch me in amusement. “Hmm, but I can teach you more about teleportation, would like that?” He smiled.

I grinned once more, “Yes please!” For a second, I have forgotten all about my past and suddenly focused on my new life with Dan ahjussi. I need to study myself more, and deep down in my heart, I really want to find Omma’s killer.

“Oh Jongin, you’ll be so amaze of what you can do, and what you can be, my son!” He beamed again, his eyes twinkled, so much joy in his words and it gave me so much strength and I can’t help but to believe him. He had won my trust just like that. I’m even surprised myself. But then I have something else in mind.

“Dan? Can I ask you something?” My heels rocked back and forth with my hands in my already ripped pocket.   Dan cocked his head to one side.

“Of course, son, anything,” He looked serious and I was a bit scared but I braved myself.

“Is there anyone like me, other than you,” My voice came out like a whisper. Dan relaxed and I noticed he stopped breathing for a while and exhaled. Then he smiled again.

“Yes, there’s many of them, in fact, I think there’s twelve, including you,” He points me with his mouth.

Twelve? There’s eleven more of people like me? “Wait, eleven more people like me? You mean they can transport just like me?” Wow.

“No,no,” He chuckled. “I’m not sure myself, but in this world, the power you possessed is one of the twelve, but I have all of them, but you’re one of the twelve which is teleportation,” Whoa, whoa too much information here.

“What? You have all of them? How? Why me?” So many questions running in my head and without hesitation, I stepped back, automatically crouching my body and eyeing suspiciously at the man standing in front of me. Have I made the right choice?

He noticed my movement and hastily said “Don’t be alarmed, my boy, I told you, there’s so many things I wanted to tell you, but I’m doing this slowly because I don’t want to burden you with so much information, I meant no harm, okay?” I relaxed from my defensive mode which I do not know why I crouch, and I apologized.

“So, if you have twelve, and what I know now is that you have teleportation and able to ignite fire, I guess on of the other has the power to do that as well?” I said, raising my eyebrow. Dan smiled and nodded in agreement.

“Yes, you’re right,” He smiled again in amusement. Boy, he sure smiles a lot.

“So, what do we do now?” I said awkwardly since he suddenly became silent and stared at me like I’m some kind of experiment. He shakes his head and he is his smile mood on. Let me repeat, boy he sure smiles a lot!

“Well, actually, we need to find all of you first,” He was in deep thought for a second then he looked at me again. “Would you like to help?” He asked. Smiling brightly I wondered what is his real age.

“Really? I can? Of course I would!” Somehow I feel no longer alone, no longer confused with myself, it seems like my life is changing forever and for good this time.

“Jongin my boy,” He went towards me and hugged me again. Somehow it felt so comfortable and so familiar, it felt like I was hugging Omma, his arms were firm yet he was soft. It took him by surprise when I hugged him back. Maybe this is what it felt to hug a father. We released ourselves from each other’s embrace. “I’m really wanted you as my son, not just my companion, okay?” He smiled so fatherly only now I noticed.

I smiled back, “I understand,” Dan seemed so pleased with it. “So who’s next?” Dan’s eyebrows creased into a single line.

“Hmm, for what I have search and hear about, he’s located somewhere north, but then they like to move, so I’m quite not sure, I have to rechecked again,” He rubbed his chin, deep in thoughts. We sat down on the couch, both of us tired of standing perhaps. But something he said alerts something in my mind.

“Move a lot?”

“Yes, he lives in a circus,” He half-smiled. Wow, a circus boy or man or even a girl. Wait.

“Is the person a he or a she?” I arched an eyebrow. I can’t imagine if it’s a gir-

“It’s a boy well not quite, I mean he’s a male but he’s around your age,” He chuckled. Dang, not a gir l“And his name is Chanyeol, the one who can lit up fire, just like me,” My eyes darted quickly to fireplace.

Chanyeol huh?

The circus boy who ignites fire.

I smirked and grinned, this oughta be fun.

 

Author's note: Hey~~ oh my sorry for the loooooooooooooooooooooong absence and we havent update this fic :(, we were so busy and we have a major exam this year, so we can't focus on fanfic that much BUT we try :) so yeah this is part 2 kai from the first one, and i guess you'd already know who's next :) anyway do comment and subscribe, an upvote would be nice :) we REALLY wanna know what you guys think of this :)