Dear Diary

Why Are You So Obsessed With Me ?

Davichi - The Letter


 

Dear diary,

Today he smiled at me.

November 11, 2005

~

Dear diary,

He sat next to me in art class and we talked for a few sentences.

December 02, 2005

~

Dear diary,

He sat next to me again and he talked a lot. It's cute.

December 03, 2005

~

Dear diary,

He asked me out on a date tomorrow. It's like my dream came true, at last! ^.^ *heart*

December 23, 2005

Sumi smiled at the dusty entry. She caressed her own handwriting and continued to flip to the next page she had written.

Dear diary,

We watched firework and hanged a wish on the Christmas tree. They say anything we wished for will come true with the help of Christmas spirit and such.

December 24, 2005

~

Dear diary,

We kissed under the mistletoe.

December 25, 2005

Sumi giggled to herself at the date and scene from that very day that she could still recall clearly in her head. She flipped through a bunched of pages and read that one entry.

Dear diary,

It's my birthday and he bought me something that surprised me big time. It's a necklace with his initial plus mine.

March, 2007

~

Dear diary,

Things were going smoothly, we're a happy couple. However, I start to have a bad feeling that something might happen to us.

June 12, 2007

~

Dear diary,

I was right. His friend had a thing on me, big thing. He said something to me then

The entry ended midway. Sumi looked at the last word with the exact scene popped in her head.

"I should stop reading this." she murmured.

"You should." his voice made Sumi to jump in surprise. She closed the book and placed it back to where she always kept it and turned to Tao again

"Where's your manner? Coming into my room as you pleased!"

"You had the door opened widely. I just happened to peek in and saw you glued your eyes to that dusty book of yours."

"Talk like you know things."

"I talk whatever I want." Tao jumped onto Sumi's bed and playfully bounced up and down. "Hey, your bed is comfy. I wanna sleep here. You go sleep on the couch."

"You dare telling me where to sleep? In my own house?"

"Can't I?"

"Let me make this clear, Tao. Just because we agreed on something yesterday, doesn't mean you can start acting all friendly with me. I still have the–" she stopped herself. Tao sat up again and looked at her with questioning eyes.

"I've done something wrong to you?"

"Never mind, I'm going to get myself a drink." she mumbled and quickly went to the kitchen, leaving Tao to just wonder to himself. As a curious crab guardian, Tao got up and went to take the diary book out of the drawer and flipped to the last page.

Dear diary,

He appeared to me. He looked pale, and worried. There were tears in his eyes as he looked at me. I ran to him without thinking but he disappeared of all sudden and left me standing there all confusing in the middle of the road. I was hit.

November 11, 2013

That's the day Tao was kicked out of heaven too. He looked over at Sumi who showed only her back as she was standing in the kitchen, and looked back at the last entry of her diary. Who is this ‘he’ she saw that day? The previous entries showed nothing but depressed scribbles all over the pages, couldn't even make out of what she had written. Tao took the book and put it in his jacket pocket like it belongs to him. After that, he went outside, only to find no one in the room. He didn't want to worry or over-think of thing, but it was too suspicious to just let it go. You know it's that kind of feeling you get when you just know that something is going to get really wrong.

The room felt stuffy of all sudden, all the windows were widely opened but there seemed to be the absence of all fresh air. The water from the pipe was left running into the sink, and the coffee mug stood there all alone and out of place. Tao took a silent deep breath and took a big careful step to another side of the room. He grabbed the umbrella that stood by the other window and held up it like a sword. He didn't call out her name to see where she was, because at that very moment, he knew someone else was also in the room with him, somewhere he could not see, but he could feel.

Tao paused on his own breath, and forced all his strength into his feet. He slowly made his way into the kitchen and turned off the running water. He picked up the mug and threw it to his left, hitting something midair and broke in pieces. That something soon came out from his invisible field and showed himself, as well as the girl he held captured, to Tao. Tao gritted his teeth, couldn't do anything more than that. For once, he felt scared and started to panic on the inside. His stomach wanted to kill him as well.

"Why her?" Tao asked through gritted teeth. The man did not provide any answer, he just smirked. His lips were plum, and there was a scar on his right cheek, pretty small but still noticeable. He was tall; his hair was perfectly parted in the middle. It would look bad but that man pulled it off so perfectly. The wings that spread at his back showed his struggles. They were big and broad, and each side projected distinctive behavior of the owner.

"You want me, not her. I'm right here, not there." Tao tried again but the man still wouldn't give a word of his purpose. Tao clenched his fist till it got red as he looked at Sumi who was trembling in fear in that man's arms. Without any further delay, the man flapped his wings and broke through the window, flying away with Sumi in his possession. Tao had almost jumped out of the window after them but a force of wind pulled him back inside and sent him flying across the room. The wound on his back started to bleed again and sent him mixed kinds of pain.

"ARRRGGGG!!" his cry echoed the room. It wasn't because of the shooting pain he felt, it wasn't because of the fact that he had no idea about that angel either. His cry showed Tao's animal side, the side he thought he had lost. It was like a hunter who lost his prey, Tao lost his girl. She was his only hope to go back to heaven, and furthermore, she was the only person he cared about and willing to look after. Now that she was taken, it wasn't that shocking to Tao at first because he thought he could save her, but what shocked him the most now is the fact that someone who took Sumi possessed a pair of black wings.

Wings that heaven did not approve of.