Hospital Man

Why Are You So Obsessed With Me ?

T-ara - Don't Leave


 

"Where are you going?"

"Work."

"You work? What do you do?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because I think I never see you work."

"When did you even see me?"

"Can we not dig into that topic? You don't believe me."

"Never mind."

"No, seriously, where are you going?"

"The hospital."

"Why?"

"To pee."

"And what's wrong with your house bathroom?"

"Are all angels this dumb?"

"So you believe I'm an angel now?"

"It's sarcasm. Try not to be so dumb next time, okay?"

"Whatever. Hey, let me come along." Tao grabbed the jacket Sumi gave him and ran after her. They arrived to the huge building where the smell made Sumi to sniff. "Why are we at the hospital again?"

"Shut up." Sumi hissed. She made her way inside and walked casually until there was a sign pointed to the left. "Wait here."

"Why?"

"You can't go in there."

"Why not?"

"It's—"

"Miss Kim?" a nurse tapped Sumi's shoulder. The latter turned and bowed immediately.

"Hello, nurse."

"Ahh~ it's been a while. You come to visit him, don't you?"

"Yes."

"Very nice timing; the doctor just left his room."

"I see. I'll go to talk to the doctor now."

"Yes, please do so." Sumi nodded again and bowed. The nurse left and Sumi turned to Tao, pointed for him to sit down on the hospital bench and left too. Tao watched her getting further and further and he got curious again. He had never recalled this girl visiting hospital when he was watching over her and it made him felt a bit blank that he didn't know much about her. Without thinking anymore, he stood up and followed.

Tao looked around the place; it didn't seem like a place that injured people get treated. It was more like a quiet place where people came in and just stayed there. It was so lonely, there was no visitor and every patient in the rooms was all attached to oxygen tank and the heart monitor that beat in a monotone.

Tao peeked through every room with poker face until he found himself really lost when the patient in that room came to his sight. He was pale, his heart monitor beeped silently, he had blanket covered him all the way to his neck. Tao stared hardly from outside the room, in case his eyes betrayed him but it was not. It's really him. He wanted to go inside but the footstep of someone approaching made him to turn around and found Sumi coming. She did not see him, so in a blink, Tao quickly hid himself in the next room which the door was opened.

Sumi stopped a few steps away from the room that Tao was looking in earlier; she took deep breaths and seemed to prepare herself for a lot of things that would be coming her way. Tao prayed the girl he watched over wouldn't go inside the room but his prayer failed him. Sumi went into that room and shut the door again. Tao came out and stood at the door, watched the two people inside and eavesdropped on the coming conversation.

Sumi sat beside the patient and took his hand to hold. She looked at him in the way could not be portrayed. There was sadness showed in her eyes, her nose turned red like red nosed reindeer that was with Santa in those cartoons, but she seemed powerless and weak; unlike the cheerful animal in Christmas season. There was no tear in her eyes, but there's rain in her heart as she looked at that man.

Tao pressed himself against the door and laid his head back against the glass. He thought and thought of the meaning of this he's seeing and without more delay, Sumi's sobbing arrived to the outside. Tao jumped in a bit of surprise mixed with expected kind of shocking feeling. She buried her face on the white sheet with her hands holding tight to the patient's pale hand. "Brother…, wake up." her trembling voice came out weak and could barely be understood.

Tao tried to control his tears as he bit his own lips hardly. He looked up and clearly, he saw Kris looking down back at him. "Tell me what this supposed to mean." Tao whispered.

~~~~

Tao waited outside of the hospital. He sat like a statue, completely emotionless at the spot. Sumi slowly sat herself down beside him, said nothing besides a sigh.

"Let's go." she said after a moment of silence but somehow Tao didn't seem to hear it. "Hey," she called again. "You're spacing out."

"Who is that?" Tao asked as the first thing he let out of his mouth after muting himself for the information Kris just told him; right before Sumi arrived.

"Who's who?"

"That man you just visited. Who's he?"

"You followed me?!" Sumi raised her voice and stood up from the bench. "I told you to wait, why did you follow me inside? Can't you do something right for once?"

"You, try answering me for once!!"

"Why do I have to answer you? The last time I checked, I don't even know your name or your real identity. You could be someone who would try to blend in and kill me, who knows?!"

"Stop it!!" Tao yelled and unintentionally pushed Sumi back. She lost her balance, stumbled and fell backward hardly. Tao wanted to throw himself down and get hurt in her place but he stopped himself from overreacting again and just stood there, watching the girl he always cared about wincing in pain. "Stop trying to live in your past shadow..." he whispered. Sumi gave him a hateful glare. She hated it when someone she didn't know much about could speak everything like he knew her for forever.

 

She hated it when Tao kept on poking at her past memories.

"Who are you...?" Sumi asked in . Tao looked soften a bit as he bent down and helped her to stand up. He brushed the off of her jeans and seated her down on the bench again; pretty gentle this time.

"Don't ask about what I do; don't ask about how I got here. The only thing I can tell you now is my name."

"Okay." she simply nodded.

"My name is Tao, and I've been watching you for a while now until recently that I can come and talk to you."

"Huang Zitao??"

"What is that?"

"Your full name."

"Oh..." Tao shook his head like a little kid. "I don't know. The only thing they told me was ‘your name is Tao’."

"Who are they?"

"Umm..." Tao bit his lips again. It would be awkward again if he said ‘They as the God and his glorious sons with sparkling halos on their heads and magical wings spread at their back’. "You can take them as doctors."

Sumi nodded at Tao's answer. "I get it now. I won't ask again … Tao."

"Thanks."

"Let's go home?"

"Let's go~" Tao smiled, and for the first time ever, Sumi smiled back. They walked side by side and silently just enjoyed the awkwardness in the air around them.

"This is so awkward-"

"I know."

"You just smiled-"

"Shut up. I did not."

"Yes, you did-"

"Tao, shut up!"

"Okay. But you smiled."

"Never again."

"Sumi, you have a nice smile." Tao chuckled and ran with Sumi chasing him at his tail.

Well, it seemed there was a little bump on the road but in the end, guess the day went smooth.

Not really.

Tao didn't notice the change of Sumi's tone and expression; he did not notice the sudden smile she gave him when she just got mad at him for some big matter.

He was so clueless even with what Kris had hinted...

As the two were getting further, a figure came out in open, and mysteriously smiled alone.

"Finally~"