Chapter 30

Don't Marry Me

He is Inevitable

It was quite some time that Nara stayed in the kitchen. After calming herself down, she decided to stay in the kitchen for a few more minutes while eating some of the leftover cereal in the cupboard. She knew that eventually she had to go back to their room, but she just couldn't look Taehyung in the eyes. She entered the room and she saw Taehyung, who was already fast asleep, with his head beside the laptop. She sat next to him, she looked at him scanning his face looking at his face, from his hair; how it was a bit messy, but it looked cute on him, to his eyelids, which were still keeping his eyes well hidden, then to his nose, how it twitched and expanded when he inhaled. To his cheek, which looked chubby, but it didn't look so chubby from afar. Then to his lips—the lips she’s been waiting to kiss hers. He looked so handsome from afar and beautiful from up close. How she knew that he was never going to be hers. Then suddenly, her body leaned closer without her mind’s consent. Her face was so close to his, until she could feel his breath on her lips.

 

Wanting to kiss him so badly, she leaned closer feeling guilty, but if she didn't do it she knew she would regret it. Instead of kissing his lips, she kissed his cheek instead and ran out of the bedroom as she could, while covering her lips; but then she realized how soft and warm his cheek was. She smiled mischievously, feeling proud of what she did. She took his laptop away from him and checked his work, but it was far from finished and she decided to finish his report for him. She continued where he left off and tried to make up a few words with her tired mind. She typed as fast as she can, trying to finish it as soon as possible.

 

Taehyung, on the other hand, smiled knowing that she kissed him without any pressure. He smiled after she left the bedroom and then he drifted back into dreamland.

 

Finally, Nara finished his report and printed along with hers at 3:30 in the morning. She put both reports on her desk and threw herself to bed without washing up, because she was too tired to do anything.  

 

The morning alarm struck Taehyung like a bullet. He sat up, with his eyes still glued together. He drags himself to the bathroom and took a quick shower, he saw Nara who was sleeping like a log, and she didn't even pull her blanket on the way to his closet taking out his uniform. On his way out he saw his name was typed into an A4 paper along with the title report.

 

Nara has pasted a post-it note;

I finished the report, you lazy .

 

He smiled at the word, “lazy ”, because she never use that word unless she wasn't thinking or she was pissed, but mostly it’s because she wasn't thinking because she was tired. He went by her bedside and tucked in her blanket, making sure she was warm enough, he took her phone and turned off her alarm while pasting a post-it note in her phone as a reply. He leaned closer and brushed off a few hair strands that were covering her face. He whispered, “Thank you.”

 

He left and took both reports with him. It was almost eleven o’clock when Nara woke up. She panicked because her alarm didn't woke her up, she check her phone maybe she forgot to set up the alarm—when she took her phone a post-it note was pasted covering the screen of her phone.

 

“You are the best, my thanks you. Ps. I’ll tell the teacher you have something urgent to do today and I’ll cover for you.” She smiled and it got her thinking why did Taehyung do all this?

Was Taehyung finally responding to her? She didn't think so long and went back to sleep, she was jolting because she needed to submit the report to the teacher, but knowing that Taehyung would submit hers, her heart feel at ease.

 

The next day came so fast, it was Friday the last day of school. Friday, always a day where Nara was a little bit excited than usual—knowing that tomorrow is holiday. Jungkook came to her locker, when she was picking out books for the next three periods.

 

“Hey, Jungkook! What’s up?” Nara exclaimed.

“Hey, I was wondering if you want to go out with me tomorrow.” He asked without hesitating and the fact that it was so directly out of the blue surprised Nara.

 

She thought maybe it’d be like a friendly date, so she nodded and accepted his proposal.

 

“Really?” Jungkook said excitedly, his eyes full of expectation.

“Yes, sure. Why not?” she said, trying to calm him down, because people are starting to look.

“Really? I don't know, maybe you have other things to do.” Jungkook rubbed his neck nervously, still hoping that Nara was sure if she wanted to go out with him.

“No, I don't. Let’s go out tomorrow.” Nara stated her answer.

“Okay, great then. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He smiled, while skipping away happily.

 

Nara was happy that she could make Jungkook happy. Early in the next day, Nara was already awake. She the blow dryer and it surprised Taehyung, making him jump out of his blanket.

 

“What are you doing so early in the morning?” Taehyung asked while rubbing his sleepy eyes.

 

Unfortunately, Nara couldn't hear him because the hairdryer was so loud. Taehyung scanned her body; she was wearing a blue skirt and a white shirt with some random drawing on them. It looks like she was going to go somewhere. Taehyung waited until she turned off the hairdryer and asked her again. Nara saw Taehyung who was up with his messy hair, that looks unexpectedly good on him and made Nara flinch a little, but she didn't want to show it.

 

“I’m so sorry. Did I wake you up?” she apologizes while plugging off the cable.

“Never mind—are you going somewhere today?” he asked, curious to death.

“Yeah—I’m going out—“

“With Jungkook?” he asked cutting her off.

“Why do you always do that?” Nara asked raising her voice all of a sudden.

“Do what?” he asked without feeling errant.

“Stop cutting me when I’m talking!” she exclaimed.

“I didn't.”

Yes. You did!” Nara emphasized. “Why did you do that?”

“I just want to make sure you’re not making something up to lie to me.” Taehyung has figured her out.

“I wasn't going to lie. What makes you said that?” she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Really? Okay then, let me ask you something. What did you do two night ago?” He asked while crossing his arms, feeling dominant.

“What are you talking about? I didn't do anything!” she replied without thinking, but as she talks her mind start to think back to two nights ago. She remembered that she leaned closer, although that she could have chosen to back away, she didn't—instead she kissed him.

 

“I know you remember.” Taehyung stepped out from the bed, walking towards her. “If you don't remember, let me refresh your mind.” He stated, while pushing her to a corner.

“What are you doing?” Nara was agitated, trying to push him back, but he kept moving forward. “You really need to take a few step back.” Her spine cringed, because she was nailed to the wall.

“Are you sure you don't remember?” Taehyung pinned his palm to the wall beside her face and it startled her. He leaned closer and closer, but Nara didn't stop him until it was unbearably close, she closed her eyes—thinking that maybe Taehyung would return her kiss—maybe this is the kiss that she’s been waiting for all this time. Closing her eyes after a few seconds and nothing happened, but she still feels Taehyung’s breath on her cheek so she knew that he’s still close. She slowly opens her eyes to check what’s going on and Taehyung was there—staring so close.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked raising an eyebrow. “Did you—do you think that I was--?” he asked suspecting like she wanted something.

“What?” she asked, bewildered.

“Did you think that I was going to kiss you?” he asked.

“What? Are you crazy?” she scoffed, trying to brush it off, but she couldn't because it’s written all over her face. “No way! I’d rather kiss Jungkook—“

“You’d kiss Jungkook?" Knowing this it triggered something inside of Taehyung. 

"Yeah, I rather kiss him. Why should I kiss you, I mean why would I want you to kiss me?" she asked, confused with her own questions. 

"So you do want me to kiss you?" Taehyung kept teasing her. 

"N-no." she replied trying to hide herself from embarrasment, but obvisouly there's no place for her to hide. 

“But what if I want to?” he asked, making Nara’s mind go numb, unable to process what just came out of his mouth.

“Excuse me?”

 

He looked at her, watching her eyes until the time she least expected. Nara was waiting for him to say something or maybe in this case—kiss her, the kiss that she's been dreading and hoping would happen for a long time. Nara looked away, because she couldn't stand looking at his eyes that long. Taehyung uses this opportunity to kiss her cheek and it surprised the heck out of her. Taehyung back edaway and looked at her neck, giving Nara a confusing vibe.

 

"What did you just do?" she asked, flabbergasted.

"You're my wife. It's only normal if I do that." Taehyung explained that made zero sense in her head.

"That doesn't make any sense." Nara let out a heavy and yet confused sigh, "I'm your wife, that you didn't want to marry in the first place." she looked down, because she couldn't look at Taehyung and it's also something that she's really not proud about. 

 

Taehyung back away, giving her a way to go. Nara walked away and grabbed her purse that was placed on the study desk. She took her peruse and walked towards the door. When suddenly, Taehyung pulled her by the waist and kissed her neck, biting it--making sure it left a mark. Nara let out a breathless sigh.

"You're mine." The hickey was clear enough for him to see, making himself proud of what he did.

"What did you just do?" she asked with a puzzled expression all over her face.

"I'm just saying goodbye to my wife." Taehyung smirked.

"What?" she couldn't comprehend anything he said.  

"Enjoy your date." Taehyung smiled mischievously and pushed her out of the room.