Realization

More... Than Just Friends?

[ChoonHe POV]

"Hyung, you should be more romantic with your girlfriend. Hug, hold hands, do SOMETHING!" The man, Yoseob, teased.

It took me about an hour to finally memorize their names. They were also--

Wait.... WHAT? What did he say? I swear, he may seem cute on the outside, but who knows how he's really like?

"Yah! Stop trying to pressure us; we just started dating an hour ago!" Junhyung reasoned. That's just like him to always take charge. Maybe this decision isn't so bad after all.

I laid back in my seat day dreaming about the past few events, not caring if the teacher would notice.

 

"Yes Junhyung. I'll go out with you." I kept a straight face as he picked me off the ground and swung around in circles overjoyed.

"Do you really mean it? Oh god, thank you! Thank you!" He kept on laughing and I could tell he was being really sincere about this. Maybe I should be sincere about it too.

I smiled wide and hugged back. I felt butterflies starting to burst in my stomach. Who knows? This relationship could work out well. I looked up and saw a familiar figure disappear to who knows where. He head was hung down, so I'm guessing he was probably sad about something in particular.

 

I widened my eyes in disbelief. That man... Jonghyun... so he saw. My once uplift spirit dropped down 10 levels. Kim Jonghyun. How does he always have the power to make me feel this way?

I furrowed my eyebrows, frustrated.

"ChoonHe, are you alright?" Junhyung Oppa laid his hand on my shoulder, showing his support.

"Um yeah, I'm fine." I replied, but what I was thinking at that moment was the complete opposite.

Was I alright with this?

 

--After School--

 

Junhyung Oppa and I walked alongside each other, hand in hand. I smiled at him once in a while to show I was having a good time. At times though, I felt as if my soul wasn't there.

I just felt... lifeless.

"So where are we going?" I wondered.

"You'll know the place as soon as we reach it." Junhyung smiled confidently.

It only took about five minutes until we reached our destination. He took me out to where we always ate ice cream; the park.

He led the way to the bench we usually sat at.

"I know, I know. It's not much of a first date." He continued, "but we made a lot of memories here."

"It's alright. I actually think this is quite romantic."

We stayed in a moment of silence, taking in the peaceful scenery. Kids were playing with each other here and there, the elderly were talking their usual stroll around, and everything was just so... so serene.

"ChoonHe, remember that story I told you about the girl I liked?" He turned to face me with a serious expression on.

I thought long and hard trying to remember what he was talking about.

I was feeling suicidal at that time. I was running down the street, until I bumped into a certain girl in the most unexpected situation. Things happened, and I ended up falling for her.

Why did he bring this up now? I mean, he's dating me now and-

Wait. Was I?

"Was I?" I paused to turn and face him also, "Was I the girl you were talking about?"

He nodded at my question.

 

[Junhyung POV]

I nodded at her. Finally she understood what I was trying to say.

She smiled light-heartedly and lowered her head down in deep thought. She's been doing this the whole day today, and I'm pretty sure I know why.

I sighed knowing there was no way to win a war I lost ages ago.

"Can... Can I hug you?"

She chuckled at my silly question. Ok so maybe it was silly. We're dating already so there wasn't a need to ask.

"Of course you can Oppa." She leaned foreword and gave me a light hug.

Even though it wasn't much of a hug, it still had the power to make my heart flutter. It really breaks my heart thinking about what'll happen in the next few minutes.

"ChoonHe..." I stated calmly pulling away from her, "This isn't going to work out."

She looked shocked by what I just said. I would be too considering we only went out for a few hours.

"O-Oppa, why?"

I breathed hard, forcing myself not to break down at this moment, "I wouldn't want to date a girl who doesn't feel the same way about me. Go find Jonghyun and settle things out."

She looked as if she wanted to say something back, but kept her head down knowing I was correct.

She doesn't feel the same about me.

"Bye.." I walked away not wanting to face her.

I sat down at a nearby bus stop and whipped out my phone.

"Yoseob! Ask Doojoon-Hyung and the others if they still want to audition at Cube Entertainment."

I listened intently to what he had to say.

"ChoonHe? We just thought it wouldn't work out. I'm sure she'll do fine without me." I smiled knowing she would do just fine.

I swear though. Jonghyun better treat her well or else I'll kick his poor dinosaur .

 

[Author's Note]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I know I haven't updated in a while, but here you go!

Sorry, but there won't be alternate endings. ChoonHe belongs to Jjong!

Well.... at least in this story. XD

Bai~Bai!!!