001

impulse

 

"Jonghyun, where is my phone?" Minho shouted up the stairs, growing extremely impatient with every passing second. The other three were in the car waiting to get to class while he and this dunce were still running behind.
 
"Hmm?" The older man trudged down the stairs, ruffling his newly white-blonde hair innocently. "I dunno."
 
"Really now?" Minho crossed his arms, not believing him one bit.
 
"...Uh huh."
 
"Jonghyun, tell me where it is or I'll hang you by your boxers on the mailbox outside."
 
"It's in-"
 
"BOTH OF YOU HURRY UP!" Onew honked from outside in the car.
 
"Key's room. Later!" Not risking getting beat up at the early hour, he immediately became invisible and his footsteps were heard as the front door swung open and slammed shut. He became visible again within the split second Minho used his own powers to his advantage and hurried to grab his phone, trying to ensure he had left the room in its previous condition.
 
"Everyone here?" The oldest looked around, earning nods in reply. With a nod of his own, he backed out of the driveway and set off for their nearby university.
 
Over the few years, Onew had suggested that they all live in the same home after they had turned 18 so that they could better understand each other's abilities and changes. Key had soon after realized his power was empathy, the ability to feel another person's emotions. Taemin was still clueless, though they all were clearly on the same page in reference to their physical changes. Each of their bodies were more built and they were notably taller and a lot less scrawny, and their facial features which were already attractive became even more handsome. Their hair color had altered as well, with Taemin and Key jet-black, Onew a golden blonde, Jonghyun an ash white-blonde and Minho a more chocolate brown of his his original hair color. They were the eye candy of the school population and it wasn't something they let slide unnoticed. 
 
"Look, they're here," a girl in the lobby whispered to her friend after the five had gotten on campus. Attention was immediately drawn to them and they acted oblivious, trying to get to their classes without stopping. Minho hung back a moment, his eyes falling on the one person he cared to wait for: Kwon Yuri.
 
The one girl that could make him happier than anything else. She was beautiful, funny, intelligent, athletic; it was as if God had taken Minho's ideal type and created a human out of it. Capturing her gaze she grinned, giving a small wave as he approached her.
 
"Hey there, hot stuff," he teased, pressing a kiss to her cheek and making her giggle.
 
"Hi, Minho." The tall brunette beside his girlfriend glared at him and he laughed, messing up her hair.
 
"Hello, Soo," he laughed, turning back to Yuri.  "I believe we have a class to get to?" Holding out his arm she linked her own through his gratefully, the two conversing by themselves on the way.
 
"Great, I'll stay here all alone, with no one to be with!" Sooyoung called after them, crossing her arms with a pout when she noticed Jessica staggering through the front doors. "Don't tell me she's stoned again..."
 
The older woman shuffled lifelessly towards her, stopping and dropping her head on her shoulder with a groan. "Yup.
 
"Never party after midnight," she slurred and the taller woman knew she was making reference to her raging house parties she threw anytime her parents were out of town.
 
"My dear, we have English to go to. You may wanna look alive." Patting her cheek, Sooyoung made her way to their class with the half-dead blonde on her shoulder.
 
On the other side of the school, Taemin sat in the cafe with a water bottle in hand, rolling it side to side absentmindedly. Unlike his hyungs he didn't have class, but it'd become a regular habit for him to meet his best friend, Im Yoona in the morning and they'd go to their evening class as planned. The two always found something to do to kill time and today would be no exception.
 
The slim woman bounced through the door, lively as ever as she fell into the seat across from Taemin with a bright smile. 
 
"Hey, Tae!"
 
"Yoon!" he brightened up seeing her, giving her a smile in return. "What took you so long?" 
 
"My sister had to get something on the way...but I'm here now!"
 
"True, so what do we have planned for today, oh great Fun Master?" Taemin chuckled at the dorky nickname she had given herself.
 
"Hmm." Yoona tapped her upper lip in thought, tilting her head. "I didn't think of much today. Wanna just go for a walk?"
 
"Fine by me." The male of the two pushed his chair back, resting his hands on his lap. "Where to?"
 
"The park? The mall? Who knows? Wherever our feet take us!" She grabbed his hand and led him outside, him laughing at her undying energy.
 
Key, meanwhile, was leaning against the doors that allowed entrance into the cafe with a smirk on his face. He had a class of his own, Art in fact, but he was really in no rush. His empathy wasn't needed to know that Taemin was head over heels for Yoona.
 
"That boy is so obvious," he chuckled to himself, jumping at the feeling of something tapping his shoulder. Turning to find Sooyoung he sighed, blinking his greetings at her.
 
"Hey, Key!"
 
"Hi."
 
"Don't you have Art now? Or do you have a free instead?"
 
"I'll go to Art when I feel like it. Don't you have English now?" he shrugged, responding in a bored voice.
 
"Yeah, but Jessica's hammered and wants soda to feel better, plus I wanted a snack." She laughed sheepishly, smiling up at him. "Do you want anything?"
 
"No."
 
"Alright, well I'll see you around or something, yeah?" The female of the two waved a bit again and headed off after receiving a single nod as a reply. 
 
Truthfully, Key had gotten used to having her around. He'd deliberately been mean at times hoping that she'd leave her alone. She was popular, and popular people drew attention, something he didn't want. Even though the five of them were quite noticed, he still tried to seem discreet and stayed a few steps behind them to be safe. Nonetheless, Sooyoung still is nice to him and he'd decided to just go with it rather than waste his energy.
 
All of a sudden there was the sound of high heels clicking against the polished tile floors and he froze, hoping his teacher wasn't looking for him. Dashing through the doors on the other side to get to the art room he cursed himself and cursed running twice as much, finding himself wishing that he was Jonghyun and could've been invisible at that moment.
 
Speaking of which, the white-blonde devil was roaming around the school freely; well, not entirely. He was invisible and wasn't making noise, so partially. Granted, he was supposed to be in Biology with Minho and Yuri rigt around that time but bypassed it, choosing to stroll around campus without a care in the world. 
 
"I'm so lonely, I need a friend, I need a woman," he sang to himself, kicking at the ground as he walked. Turning around the corner of the building he stopped and peered into the English class that was packed and his gaze travelled to one person in particular.
 
Jessica Jung.
 
Or rather, his mortal enemy. She was the one reason he couldn't stand coming to school. He knew about her crazy parties and how popular she was and how stoned she could get in a day, and to him it was all impressive. But the fact of the matter was the more people that talked about her meant that there were less people talking about him. Which he did not appreciate. 
 
"Look at her," he sneered, frowning at her as she was practically falling asleep on herself. "She's a mess! I'm just as hot, I mean-did I call her hot? No, I don't think I-never mind." Scoffing again, he continued his journey around the campus and tried to think of a way to get some of Jessica's cred for himself. 
 
In the Admissions Office sat Kim Taeyeon, who twirled her recently-dyed raven hair around her finger nervously. Her short legs swung against the chair in the air as she awaited to find out just what the meeting with the dean aas about.
 
Hearing her name she shivered, nodding and entering the office hesitantly. She had half a mind to run out of there but couldn't once the older woman met her gaze.
 
"Taeyeon, how have your classes been going?"
 
"Good."
 
"And what about Geophysics?" 
 
"Um." She swallowed, trying to think of an excuse.
 
"Professor Jungsik tells me that you've failed the last two midterms he's given. Taeyeon, you've been held back from advancing to your next year of university to do better and correct your mistakes, not to repeat your same errors again."
 
"Sorry," was all she could say.
 
"Sorry can't fix this. I think you need a bit of help."
 
"What kind of help?" Taeyeon leaned forward, squinting. 
 
"A tutor is your best option right now."
 
"What? No!" she protested, crossing her arms.
 
"No objections. It's been decided that we will monitor your progress with some extra help. If it helps, you won't have to repeat your first year of the subject again. If you fail the final exam, you're going to be in a lot of trouble. Understood?"
 
"Yes, m'am." She grumbled.
 
{ A/N } short but i am on mobile, hope you understand!! i'm sort of sick right now and swamped with school too, so that's why i didn't update right away...anyways, happy reading!!