Chapter 3

When the Lights are Out

 

"Truth! Truth!" Dongwoo said in so much eagerness.

 

"Anything we don't know about you, hyung?" Myungsoo asked not really giving a damn of what Dongwoo could share.

 

"What? You don't know much about me. Like my favorite animal!"

 

"We can answer a slam book for you, hyung. Cmon! Spice up the night! Dare! Dare! Dare!"

 

"Dare! Dare! Dare!" The other joined in the chant.

 

"Aish! Okay, okay!" He said in resignation, lifting both his hands up in the air.

 

"Call manager-hyung and tell him to bring more soju and hoobaes. Of course, he won't know that this is just a dare." Hoya commanded.

 

"What the hell? Do you wanna die?!" Dongwoo said, completely shocked with Hoya's dare. Though it was just a game, that particular dare could end his career. It's too soon to end it, he's still young and he still has to do so much being an idol.

 

"No.. No.. No.. No.. No.. I can't do that. He'll kill me. Wait! Why not the twins? Ne?"

 

"Hmmm," Hoya contemplated, "Okay."

 

Dongwoo started calling Soryong and Daeryong. After a few rings, the latter picked up his phone. Dongwoo turned his phone to loudspeaker. He took a deep breath and prepared for his acting.

 

"Hyung~"

 

"Yo, Dongwoo-ah! Wazzup?" Daeryong said coolly over the phone.

 

"Hyung, come visit us in the dorm. Bring soju and some hoobaes. Let's have fun!"

 

A laughter can be heard on the other end of the line. Another voice was heard saying, "Get a life, Dongwoo-ah!" It was probably Soryong.

 

"You serious, Dino?" Daeryong asked. His voice was sounding suspicious.

 

"Yeah. Uhm, I'm kinda alone now, y'know. Having fun with you guys isn't so bad of an idea, right? Right, hyung?"

 

Dongwoo sounded almost begging except for his face betraying him so. He was snickering along with the other members. The others were zipping their mouths shut, cooperating with the act. Hoya leaned in and whispered something to Dongwoo before going back to wrapping an arm around Sungjong's waist, keeping him close.

 

Daeryong was silent, no sound was heard. It was like the other's mic was covered.

 

"Hyung~ I'm ! Please come and bring hoobaes!" Dongwoo faked a cry.

 

Daeryong sounded uncomfortable when he spoke. Seemed like he didn't know how to handle the situation he's currently facing. "Uhmm, listen. You could have a..uhh..better timing next time. We're on a break for the photo shoot right now. Just...watch some..ehhmm.. there." The word was barely whispered. "I'm sure Woohyun or someone there have their stash of that thing. Or...you can surf the internet for that. I'll..uhh.. send you good sites after you hung up. That's the best I can do to help you..uhh..ease your problem." Daeryong forced a laugh while Soryong was doing the exact opposite. It could be heard that the two were already called to resume the photo shoot.

 

The seven boys were trying to hold back their laughter at their hyung's uneasiness. The unplanned prank was a success. They didn't know Daeryong could even suggest watching it!

 

"Okay, I'll wait for the sites, hyung." Dongwoo made his voice sound like a child not granted a wish, and hung up.

 

This time, no more holding back. They let it all out. Some were rolling on the floor laughing at loud, one was banging a fist at something hard, and another was drying tears formed at the corner of the eye coz of too much laughter.

 

"Oh my god! Daeryong-hyung! If he only knew, he'd probably kill us!" Sungjong said between laughter. He was holding his stomach and was crouching slightly forward. "Oh god! That was so funny, my stomach hurts!"

 

Dongwoo's phone beeped. A message from Daeryong was showed on screen. He showed it around and they laughed once more. They were familiar with the sites printed on the screen, of course, of course.

 

The laughter soon died away and was replaced with soft chuckles here and there.

 

"The soju's running out. I'll get more. Where is it hidden, hyung?" Myungsoo stood and made his way to the kitchen, didn't even wait for Woohyun's reply.

 

"At the lowest drawer of the fridge. Hidden under the veggies."

 

Myungsoo opened the fridge, scanning the insides, but was startled when someone's hand touched his shoulder. The owner of the said hand laughed before covering his mouth with the back of his hand.

 

"Sorry to scare you, Myung. Just gonna drink water. Soju's making fun of my head."

 

Myungsoo handed him a bottle and reached for more of the soju below. "Bring this back there. I'll just arrange these veggies back." He said handing to bottles of the liquor to Sungyeol.

 

The choding grabbed the bottles and placed the bottle of water between his side and arm. He grabbed another bag of chips in the counter using his mouth to do so, then left.

 

Myungsoo let out a loud sigh and closed the door of the fridge. He leaned his back to the counter and ran his fingers through his hair. The incident with Sungyeol earlier didn't leave his mind. He was still bothered by it. Thank god Sungyeol didn't seem to have the same dilema as his. The other looked calm earlier, or so he thought since he didn't get to see his face. He have to forget about it and move on, he decided. A call from the living room brought him out of his thought. "Yeah, coming," he said.

 

When Myungsoo came back, the others were laughing.

 

"What did I miss?" He said as he sat and brought his knees closer to his chest. The room's getting a bit colder now that the heater was not functioning as of the moment.

 

"Sungyeol said you jumped when he touched you in the kitchen!" Dongwoo announced.

 

"Uhh, that doesn't sound right, hyung. Better rephrase it." Hoya said smirking.

 

Myungsoo almost choked in his own saliva if not for Hoya's quick remark. He mentally sighed in relief. It wouldn't be good knowing the awkwardness between him and Sungyeol.

 

The others laughed while Sungyeol blushed, remembering the chips incident minutes ago. "Aish! It's not like that. You made me a sound like a byuntae with that, hyung!" Sungyeol remarked.

 

"As if you don't want to." Sunggyu deadpanned.

 

"Hyung!" Sungyeol blushed some more.

 

"Miahne. Well, that was it, Myung." Dongwoo said to Myungsoo. The other just nodded his head.

 

They continued to play the game, getting tipsy as time passed. The bottles of soju that was once full were now lying on the floor empty. The bottle pointed at everyone around except Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Though this was the case, Sungyeol had some of the alcohol while Myungsoo barely finished the content in his glass.

 

Finally, the bottle pointed at one of the two.

 

"At last! My plan will be set to reality!" Woohyun cheered and so did everyone but the two. It was like the others made a hidden agenda against them and the great almighty Woohyun was the mastermind. The look on his face was not to be underestimated. It looked like he had planned something big, something dangerous, but they could be overanalyzing things.

 

Sungyeol could only gulp in nervousness.


A/N: the next chapter will be the final chap and it will be myungyeol. yaaay!