3

Stranded
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

That afternoon, she thought hard about what to do for his ‘party’. She finally got what she wanted in her mind and the only problem was to pull it off. She didn’t know much about the island since Kris always insisted on leaving her by the shore where he could easily find her. She decided to make him take her with him around just so she wouldn’t end up getting lost while she was working on her plan.

 

She decided to get started on what she would do. “I’m going to work hard!” she cheered herself up.

 

“Work hard on what?” Kris suddenly spoke from behind her.

 

Quickly veering around, she faced him. “N-nothing. Don’t mind me.”

 

He narrowed his eyes at her and gently intertwined his hands with her, pulling her to his side. “Come on. I don’t know what I would do if you get lost.” He started to walk. “Hold on and stay close, okay?”

 

“Huh?” Aya felt that warm feeling coursing through her chest again every single time Kris talks like that.

 

He merely snickered. “It’s my duty to protect you.”

 

Aya followed him. So he says, but how serious is he about this? She shrugged, noticing how her hands were becoming clammy, but even so, she didn’t want to let go of her hand any time soon. She felt secure when he does that and she doesn’t want to leave that comfort just yet.

 

He knew pretty much about the island already and she just listened to him, having an excuse to stare at him, how his expressions would change with what he was saying and how gorgeous he looked like. She considered herself lucky to be married to a man like Kris, but she found herself wanting more than what they had at the moment every single time she was that close to him.

 

That was wishful thinking, but what else cans he do. Since there were just the two of them there, where was she supposed to find comfort? Where was she going to cling for the sake of sanity and most of all, where was she going to get support besides herself considering that she was already wavering, not because of being stranded and the thought of being not found, but it was because of her bond with him which meant nothing but a casual alliance.

 

Aya was admittedly having such a great time with there, that somehow, she shared the same sentiments he had developed upon getting stranded. At the same time, her heart never sopped breaking every single time she realizes that those smiles would never be hers and that they were just an outward manifestation of his mood in cer

Please log in to read the full chapter