Escaping Reality

My Drabbles Library

For Prompt Two-Escaping

Characters: Lee Sungyeol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Sungyeol. 

Yes, that cheerful and childish Americano-addict was the mood-maker of the group. Sungyeol's unique laughter and usual cold jokes were like an energizer for them. 

Actually, Sungyeol isn't someone with that carefree spirit. Deep inside, he's full of insecurities. Despite being hurt mentally when his anti-fans told him that he didn't deserve to be part of Infinite, he still smiled. The mental injury was no different from a sharp blade that pierced right through his heart. 

His dignity was ruined, he felt terrible. Sungyeol wanted to talk to someone but who? Was there any member that could understand how he feels?

Yes, he admits that he can't sing like Sunggyu or dance like Hoya. 

Sungyeol finally came to a conclusion that he was useless. He felt that he's bringing down the reputation of 'Infinite' that all the members have worked hard to built.The name of Infinite.

Little did he realise that without him, Infinite is nothing.

What happens when Sungyeol still has that feeling of being inferior to the other members after a long time?

He loses all his confidence. The mental walls that were built in his head were destroyed.

The outcome of his inferiority got the best of him and in the end, it made him depressed.

He doesn't show it out as he did not want any unnecessary worries coming from anyone. Especially from his mother. She is getting older every year and her health state haven't been stable, she can never cope with the fact that her son is suffering from depression.

So, what did he do?

He lived in an otopia state. Simply saying, he's escaping from reality.

Sungyeol dreams of everything that he wishes for when he's escaping from reality, such as staying peacefully in a quiet countryside with his family, eating refreshing watermelons in the air-conditioned living room during summer, being talented and lastly being accepted in Infinite.

Away from the press, training and more training.

Sungyeol just wished that he could stay in the dorm with the members all day. He wanted to live like normal young adults, playing 'truth or dare' or watching movies together.

He just needed a break but do you think that the company would allow that?

Hell no.

Thus, the best way to feel energetic for Sungyeol is to escape reality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 337 So, I wrote Sungyeol because I could really feel him. Love you, Sungyeol. Don't care about the haters because all they do is hate. Try your hardest in life and Inspirits will always support you.

By the way, comments are always loved!

-Chey