No Choice

Creeping Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Step by step Haein walked towards OCU with a heavy heart. She hated it; she hated how it’s only her second day here and yet her secret had already spilled. Now what miraculous story can she come up with? Even if she explained it to them or perhaps, if she decides to do any explaining at all, they probably wouldn’t believe the mind-blowing and beyond outrageous situation she was going through.

F**k it. As long as I act like nothing happened, what can they say right? Standing in front of the door, Haein closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. You can do this Jung Haein, you always do... She placed her hand on the handle and nodded one last time to assure herself. Yes, you can.

“Do you think Chanyeol really bumped into Jung Saein’s spirit?” Haein immediately stopped herself from opening the door any further. Instead, her ears perked up hearing her sister’s name coming from Soobin’s mouth.

The three were engrossed in their discussion about what Chanyeol told them this morning at Satin. “Aye… I still don’t believe in the existence of ghosts. Plus, even if there are, why would Jung Saein go find Chanyeol whom she hasn’t met before?” Taehyuk leaned back in his chair as he tried reasoning out everything. Jaesuk nodded, “spirits should follow their closest ones right?”

Confused, Soobin scratched one side of her head that messed up her hair completely. “Then who did Chanyeol see?!” she let out. It went silent as they looked into each other’s eyes, unable to solve the mystery. “Poor Chanyeol though... He was so shocked that he didn’t say another word after we told him about Jung Saein’s death” Soobin then quietly said.

Haein had mixed feelings while overhearing all of this. Chanyeol… Who is Chanyeol again? Ah! That guy! She really didn’t know whether she should be happy that it wasn’t actually her colleagues that directly met her last night (even if they know a glimpse about it) or be afraid that this stranger named Chanyeol, whom she had met only once, is the one who now possibly knows more about her than he should.

“Should we tell her?” Taehyuk suddenly asked the rest. Soobin simply shrugged her shoulders; she obviously had no concerns for Haein whatsoever. On the other hand, Jaesuk shook his head. “I don’t think it’s a good idea. I’m sure she’s going through a hard time already, we shouldn’t add another thing for her to think about.” Taehyuk agreed.

Ignoring the fact that they were being considerate and think about her, Haein knew that she had to find this guy before he gets to tell them anymore. She can’t get exposed.

 

A little before they called it a day, Haein called Jaesuk into her office.

“Ehh?!” he was shocked to hear that she had just asked where could she buy that lemon-poppy seed cake again that she bought from Chanyeol. “Ah… well… he’s the owner of Satin, a coffee shop in Seocho” he told her.

And that was all she needed to know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like most coffee shops around the area, Satin was also preparing for their end of the day. The usual routine was: D.O is in charge of cleaning the kitchen while Chanyeol is responsible for the front end.

As Chanyeol was focused on flipping chairs around and onto the tables, he continued to find explanations for his encounter with the girl who claimed to be Jung Saein last night. Of all possible scenarios that came to mind though, none made sense.

Just as his brain was about to explode from all the thinking, the main doors suddenly creaked open.  “Joesonghabnida, we are clos…” When he looked up, he almost dropped the heavy chair in his hands from seeing this familiar face in front of him once again (thank God he didn’t).

Her hair was in that exact same braid on the exact same side of her head and her style? Just as sleek as Chanyeol remembered it from yesterday; simple black long sleeve, blue skinnies paired with dark brown ankle boots an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter