Chapter 2

Not That Special Person

 

 

“Sung Jisoo,” someone called her outside of the room while knocking the door, disturbing her from her work. She unplugged her earphone and got up. She walked a few steps to her door and opened it.

It was her first brother, Sung Junhee. He was holding two mugs in his hands. His smiling eyes could be seen behind his spectacles. Junhee is different than Jungseok. Junhee is more cheerful and friendly than the unfriendly and introverted Jungseok.

Despite the difference, Jisoo still loves them.

Jisoo smiled and gave him space to come in. She sat down on the chair in front of her study table. Junhee came in and put down the other mug on the table. He sat down on the bed sipping his drink. He looked around his sister's bedroom. He always hang out in his sister's bedroom as it is warmer than his room. His room are dull and cold.

“What are you doing?” he asked, peeping at her works.

“Assignments, as usual,” she typed and sipped the drink. She flinched at the sudden hotness from the tea.

“It’s still hot by the way,” Junhee said.

Jisoo glared at her brother, “You should’ve tell me earlier,”

“Oops?” he shrugged. He saw her phone on the bed, beside the pillow. He took it and tried to unlock it. But he failed because it required a password.

“Are you dating someone these days?” he asked as he tried to guess the password.

“What? No,” she glanced at her brother and saw him holding her phone. She snatched it away, “What do you want?”

“Are you dating that guy? What is his name again?” he put his mug on the table.

“Sanghyuk,” she answered. Junhee knew about her liking Sanghyuk. She would tell everything about Sanghyuk to Junhee.

“Ah! Yes him,” he looked at Jisoo with a suspicious look. “Are you guys dating?”

“No!” she denied. She suddenly felt sweaty and uncomfortable.

“Okay… Have you confessed to him?” he smirked at his nervous little sister.

Jisoo sighed, “Not yet. I’m not sure if I should…”

“You better confess soon,” he slammed his body on to the bed. “I’m afraid you’ll regret it,” he glanced at her.

Her head hung low when he said that. She didn’t have the nerves to confess. It’s her first time liking someone. She was scared that her friendship would be awkward. What if Sanghyuk rejects her? How will she face him after that?

Suddenly her phone rang. She looked at the screen. Her eyes widened.

Hyuk

“Who is that?” Junhee got up and took the phone. He smiled at the screen. “This is your chance. Confess to him,”

Jisoo looked at him ridiculously. She shook her head quickly.

“Then I’ll tell him,” he grinned and answered the phone.

“Wait, oppa! What are you doing?!” Jisoo waved her hands in the air trying to snatch away the phone. He avoided her and laughed.

“Hello? Is this Sanghyuk?” he looked at Jisoo, teasing her. “I have something to tell you. My little sister-“

Junhee was off-guard and Jisoo successfully snatched the phone away.

“Oh Sanghyuk-ah! My brother is a little bit crazy right now. I hope you’ll understand,” Jisoo shooed her brother by waving her hand to his face. Junhee laughed and took his mug. He walked out of the room while sticking out his tongue at Jisoo. He closed the door and turned around-

“Ah!” he screamed, shocked to see his brother in front of him with a frowning face.

“Who is she talking to on the phone?” Jungseok asked, looking through the door.

Junhee rubbed his chest while sighing, “You scared me,” he composed himself, “She is talking with Sanghyuk,”

“Sanghyuk…” Jungseok hissed.

“Calm down. They are just talking to each other, geez,” Junhee rolled his eyes and sat on the couch in the living room. Jungseok followed and sat beside him.

“What if he’ll hurt her?” Jungseok asked, concerned about his innocent sister.

“She’ll be okay,” Junhee sipped his drink.

“Hyung, I’m serious,”

“I am serious too Jungseok,” he glared at his younger brother. “What if she gets hurt? People get hurt in life anyways. She is not a child anymore, Jungseok. She’s a grown up, like us,”

“Mom and Dad left us. We are responsible to take care of her, hyung. How will they feel if they see Jisoo is hurt?”

Junhee closed his eyes, letting out a heavy breath, “Stop it,” he gets really sensitive when people talk about their parents. Their parents left them when he was a senior in college. It was a very big impact on him. He was in depression after their parents died in a car accident.

He felt better after months. They moved to Seoul after he graduated from college. He worked part-times at a lot of places in Seoul to support the family. Jungseok helped him too. He gave up school and they worked together.

And here they are now. Junhee works at a big company as an engineer and Jungseok runs a chicken restaurant in Hongdae.

“Sorry,” Jungseok apologized.

Junhee sighed, “I thought you have to wake up early tomorrow for work?”

Jungseok nodded.

“Go to sleep. You have to make us breakfast too tomorrow,” Junhee ruffled his brother’s hair.

“You too,” Jungseok got up and walked away. He stopped in front of his sister’s room. “SUNG JISOO GO TO SLEEP!”

Junhee watched him as he went to his room. He shook his head, “Typical Sung Jungseok , tsk,”

 

-

 

It was Saturday noon. Jisoo was in her bedroom, dressing up for the ‘date’. She wore a black and white sweater and a white pant. She wore a bracelet and a silver ring on her index finger to complete her fashion.

She took a hairbrush and brushed her hair in front of the mirror. She realized her hair was getting longer. She shrugged and pulled back her hair. She applied some BB Cream(it’s a must) on her face. Then, she used a lip balm to hide her cracked lips.

She looked at the mirror, satisfied with her looks. She is ready to go.

She took her dark brown sling bag and went out of the room. She went in front of the door to the shoe rack passing by her brothers who were eating their lunch.

“You are not going to eat?” Junhee who was sitting in the kitchen asked.

“Nope,” she opened the rack and took out her favourite pair of black Vans shoes.

“Ya! You should eat first,” Jungseok crossed his arms, standing in front of her.

“I’ll eat with Sanghyuk later,” Jisoo grinned.

He flicked his sister’s head with his fingers and went back to the kitchen. Jisoo rubbed her head and glared at him. Her phone rang and it was Sanghyuk.

Her brothers looked at her answering the phone. Jisoo was smiling and she put on her shoes.

“I’m going,” she waved her hands at them. Junhee was the only one who waved back at her. She opened the door half way.

“Be careful!” Junhee shouted.

“Be back before 6!” Jungseok shouted too. Jisoo nodded and closed the door. She went into the elevator. She checked herself in the elevator. She reached the lobby and she went out. She greeted some of her neighbours and went outside the building.

She saw Sanghyuk leaning by his black car looking very manly. He was wearing a white shirt and a black cardigan. He wore a black pant and shoes. His dark brown hair was styled as usual.

Jisoo smiled and approached him quietly, “Boo!”

“I saw you coming,” Sanghyuk smirked. He was not shocked at all. He laughed when he saw her annoyed face. He opened the door for her and she went in. He walked to the other side and went in too.

He started the engine and pulled the seatbelt. Jisoo was still pulling the seatbelt. It got stuck.

“It’s always like this,” Sanghyuk sighed and scooted closer to her. He turned his body and attempted to pull the seatbelt. Jisoo was staring at his chest. They were so close people outside might mistaken them doing ‘something’ else.

After struggling for a few seconds, the seatbelt finally could be pull. He buckled it for her and they stared at each other for some time. Feeling awkward, he cleared his throat and drove off.

“My friends are coming with us too. Are you okay with that?” he glanced at Jisoo, hands still on the wheel.

“Yeah sure,” Jisoo answered. It didn’t matter. She just wanted to be with Sanghyuk. She stared at Sanghyuk who was driving. His eyes were on the road and his face was serious. She loved seeing him like that. He looked cool.

 

They arrived at a shopping complex. Jisoo was following Sanghyuk’s back the whole time like a duckling following its mother. Sanghyuk was on the phone with his friend.

Sanghyuk turned around looking at her, “They are at the cinema. Let’s go,”

“Okay,” she said.

“Why are you at my back? Come here,” Sanghyuk pulled her hand to beside him. They walked to the elevator and went in.

It was just the two of them.

“So, did you eat?” Sanghyuk started the conversation.

“Nope. I thought I’ll eat together with you so yeah,”

“We’ll eat after watching the movie okay?” The elevator opened and there were so many people roaming around. Mostly students like them. Some were with their friends, lovers or family.

Sanghyuk grabbed her hand and they walked together outside. Sanghyuk led her around to search for his friends.

“Hyuk-ah!” someone called for him. Sanghyuk smiled and waved at a group of boys. Tall boys. They approached them and they were five of them. They were very good looking and fashionable.

“Oh? Is this Jisoo?” a boy with a black hair and a darker skin pointed at her.

“Yes. This is my friend, Jisoo,” Sanghyuk patted her shoulder. “Jisoo, this is Hakyeon hyung,” Sanghyuk introduced that person and the others.

There were Hakyeon, Taekwoon, Jaehwan, Wonshik and Hongbin. They are all engineering students.

“I bought the tickets already. We barely got any seats. Five of us will sit together and two of us will sit at the couple seats,” Wonshik explained while looking at the tickets.

“So, who will sit at the couple seats?” Hongbin asked. They were in silence. They looked at each other and then looked at Sanghyuk and Jisoo.

Sanghyuk and Jisoo were flustered.

“Don’t tell me we are going to sit there?” Sanghyuk pointed at himself and Jisoo.

Wonshik smiled and gave two tickets to Sanghyuk, “Enjoy the movie,”

Sanghyuk took the tickets, confused.

“Don’t worry. We are going to be in the same line. It’s just different seats,” Hakyeon assured them.

“Plus, you are the only one who is close with her,” Jaehwan grinned showing his white teeth.

“Let’s go buy the popcorns,” Leo the quiet one, suddenly said. He quickly walked away, embarrassed.

Sanghyuk leaned by her, "That hyung loves food," he whispered.

 

They went in to the hall. The lights were still on. They searched for their seats. They found their seats. Sanghyuk let Jisoo sat on the inner side seat. He sat down beside her and put his drink in the drink holder.

They were going to watch a horror movie. Jisoo was already nervous before the movie started. She hates horror movies.

“Hakyeon hyung is going to be really scared,” Hyuk looked over at his friends. Jisoo looked over too.

“Me too,” she muttered.

Sanghyuk turned his head, “You can’t watch horror movies?”

“I hate them,”

He laughed but she was serious, “You can lean on me if you’re scared.” He patted at his arm.

“I’m not that scared. I’m good. Thanks for offering,” she took a popcorn from the box which was in Sanghyuk’s hands.

The lights turned off.

Jisoo started to tense. Sanghyuk who was looking at her, laughed at her sudden change.

The movie started. During the half way of the movie the ghost appeared. People were screaming. Jisoo was too scared to scream. She closed her eyes. Sanghyuk smiled and wrapped his arm around her.

“It’s gone now,” Sanghyuk told her. She opened her eyes and sighed in relief.

“Told you to lean on me,” Sanghyuk patted his arm again.

She didn’t want to but suddenly the scene turned scary again. She scooted closer to Sanghyuk. He held up his arm and her arm went under. They were linking arms throughout the movie.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello! Sorry for the late update. I procrastinate a lot tsk. VIXX comeback with a very cool concept again! I love their concept so much! Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading. Sorry once again for the late update. Comments are welcome heheh. -hugabuga