Full Analysis

Trapped By Fate

Thank you everyone for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and reading! I really appreciate it and I hope that you like the story and the lessons you've learned. I'm going to write a full analysis on this story and I hope that you will read it because there are some things that I need to clarify. It's okay if you don't read it, though.

So, let's start with the characters first. Let's start with Luhan, shall we?

Luhan... Here, it may seem like he's the perfect Romeo who comes to his Juliet's rescue. He may seem like he's so perfect but let me tell you, he's not. He's not perfect. He even cut himself once, as stated by him, and it shows that he, too, has his own insecurities and problems. The only reason why he seems perfect is because this story is written from Yoona's perspective. If it's from Luhan's perspective, it will seem like Yoona is the one who's perfect.

What do I mean by that?

Well, it has something to do with our real lives. Okay, let's see it from your perspective. When you look at everyone around you, you will think that you're the only one with problems, am I right? Unless, of course, the people around you show their vulnerabilities to everyone. If they do that, then, we're living in different worlds, I guess? Because in my point of view, I'm the only one who has problems. When I look at others, I see that they are so carefree, so perfect, so reckless and so worry-free that I really feel jealous. But then, as time passes, I realize that everyone has their own problems and hides their problems deep within them, like me.

That's why it might seem like Luhan is perfect but let me tell you once again, he's not perfect. He's not the perfect Prince Charming or Romeo. He's a human, too, and the only reason he seems perfect is because this is written in Yoona's point of view.

So let's move on to Yoona.

Yoona is one hell of a complicated girl. Basically, I'm Yoona in this story because some parts of the story has happened in my real life. Which one? We'll get to that later.

As you can see, Yoona is depressed. She wants to be loved but as you can see, she is loved. Her family obviously loves her and so do the other members of Girls' Generation. She just hasn't realized that what she wants is to feel loved. Since she pushes everyone who tries to show their concern away, everyone thinks she's perfectly fine and that's why they don't bother to push her further until she tells them her problems. Part of why she doesn't feel loved is her own fault because she doesn't let others to display their love and concern. Ironic, huh?

Why she does this is a mystery. First of all, she doesn't want them to worry about her and she doesn't want them to think that she's weak. She wants to seem strong to others and she doesn't want to be a burden. The second reason you'll only find out if you read between the lines. The second reason is, she doesn't trust others. Ever since her mother abandoned her, she feels insecure and she's afraid that if she tells people her problems, those people who know about her problems will end up abandoning her just like her mother. That is why she doesn't tell them all of her problems and acts like she's so happy.

Next, I shall explain why I choose the title 'Trapped By Fate'. Well, I choose this title because it shows that Yoona is trapped by her own destiny and that is why she wants to escape. The title has this escape feel about it. Do you know what I mean?

At first, I wanted to put the title as Bound To Fate but then I realized that Trapped By Fate is much cooler compared to the former title.

Now, I shall explain each of the scene one by one.

The first scene shows Yoona at a party. She is faking her happiness and everyone believes her except for Luhan. How does Luhan know? Well, he's quite an observer as I like to think. In the first scene, Yoona goes out of Siwon's house to stop pretending and Luhan also goes out of the house, too. I like to think that it is a coincidence that they go out around the same time but it's okay if you want to think that Luhan follows Yoona out of the house to check on her.

As you have read, Luhan tells Yoona that he had cut himself once. This had happened to me in real life. I have a friend who is a guy that I used to be really close with but then we've drifted apart. One day, when I'm in one of my mood swings, I texted him and I told him that I wanted to cut myself and he was like, no, don't you dare. Later, I found out that he had cut himself once and he didn't want me to harm myself and so he made me promise not to self-harm and I promised him just to please him.

So since Yoona basically represents me in this story, she also promises Luhan not to cut herself just to please him but she isn't so sure about it as she's on the verge of breaking, as stated in the story.

The second scene shows that Seohyun has cut herself.

This also has happened in my real life. I have a friend who I really care for. One day, at school, my whole class found out that she cut herself and the monitress in my classroom was the first to cry. I had a slow reaction so I cried during the whole time of my recess and stopped only after the class after recess had started. I cried a lot, I tell you and ever since that day, I swore to myself that I would never self-harm and I've kept my promise ever since.

The reason why I choose Seohyun out of all the other members is because I want to choose someone that Yoona has this feeling that she wants to protect and since Seohyun is the only member who's younger than Yoona, I chose her.

Ever since that incident, Yoona has also decided not to cut herself so that she won't make the people around her feel sad.

The third scene shows that Yoona had accidentally read a comment about her in the internet. She wants to leave the dorm for a short while to calm herself. Yuri tries to prevent her from going out and Yoona ends up snapping at the poor girl. After that, Yoona feels bad about it and she cries. The reason she cries is not only because of Yuri but because of everything that has been pressing down on her.

Luhan sees her and shows her a way to escape by listening to Avril Lavigne's Runaway. The song is beautiful, I swear. I can totally relate to it and I want to share it.

The fourth scene shows that Yoona and the other members are getting ready to shoot a commercial and Yoona is watching the past performances. She also reads a comment about her accidentally. At first she is about to ignore it but when a text message from her sister saying that her mother who had abandoned her a long time ago has come back to live with her, she finally snaps.

She leaves the filming set without permission and decides to have fun by herself. By the time she comes back, she gets scolded by her manager and the other members. To you, it may seem like the other members and the manager are the bad guys for not understanding Yoona since this is, after all, in Yoona's perspective.

From the other members' perspective, what Yoona did is wrong and she deserves to be scolded about it no matter what reason there is. If there is a good reason, Yoona should have told the manager but instead, she ran away, causing a very big mess that they have to clean up for her. Sure, she may feel so stressed out and needs a break from everything but she should have dealt with the problem in a more mature way. This just shows that Yoona hasn't really grown up yet.

Do not blame the other members for scolding her, though, because in my opinion, she deserves it.

The last scene shows the sweet scene between Yoona and Luhan. They decide to be there for each other as friends and face their problems together. As for the ultimate ending, you can choose a happy ending for them which means they face their problems together and they end up falling in love and soon, they get married. Or you can choose the angst-y ending for them which means for a little while they manage to handle their problems bravely but soon they drift apart and one of them decides to kill himself/herself and the other follows his/her footsteps due to the promise they made. As for me, I like the latter ending better but it's up to you to choose.

Lastly, I want to tell all of you why I write this story. Actually, this story is a last-minute story that I decided to write for the contest. Honestly, I've planned another story for the contest using the same prompt but at the last minute, something happened to me that made me realize that the only way to escape from my problems is to die or to face them and it is my choice to choose. So I changed the whole story plot and ends up with this. I'm glad that I change the whole story plot, though.

One of the main reasons why I wrote this story is for the lessons I want my readers to learn. The first one is, don't hate any of the idols even though it is Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc... They are humans, just like you and me. They have feelings, too. If you still bash them after reading this story, obviously you haven't learned the lesson.

Second lesson that I want you to learn is  you may try to escape from your problems but you can never escape them. The only way to escape is to die or face them. If you try to escape your problems by self-harming, it will add on to your problems. How are you going to explain the scars to your parents? When your parents find out you'll just end up going to a psychologist.

If you try to escape by partying so hard, well, that will end up with a lot of problems. In those kind of parties, there are alcohol. You're under-aged and if your parents find out that you are drunk, they are going to kill you. If you're not a minor then, that's another story. How will you go home? Drunk-driving is illegal. Taxi? Are taxi drivers trustworthy? And the last possibility is for minors and non-minors. What if you end up having with some random stranger because you're so drunk? What if you end up getting a girl pregnant or getting yourself pregnant? It's worse if you're a minor. Don't you dare abort the baby because that's so cruel, in my opinion. It's your choice of course.

If you try to escape by running away, well, everybody knows that running away won't solve anything. See the examples above that I've given you and you'll realize that trying to escape will add on to your problem.

If you badly want to relive your stress, I suggest that you go to an amusement park and ride a rollercoaster. You can scream all you want. It works for me.

The second reason that I write this story is because of the contest, obviously.

The third reason is, I write this story for myself. This is my story and I want to share it to other people out there who are facing the same thing as me.

Once again, thank you for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting! I really appreciate it! :)

P/S: About Yoona's mother abandoning her, I've heard rumors that it's true. I don't know if it's true or not but I decided to make it true in this story. If that is true, I hope she's okay.