Chapter 37

Mr. Stalker

“ARE you still mad at him?”

        Kai started their conversation as they were walking down the Dongdaemun Street. Kayla didn’t say anything and threw her look at the shops line along the street. If she could, she didn’t want to talk about that boy as they were having their date.

         “Kai, I think this is not the right time to talk about this.”

        She stopped and stared at Kai. He stepped closer to her and wrapped his right arm around her neck, as though he understood.

        “Arasso, yeobo-ah.” He his girlfriend’s hair lovingly and pulled her hand.

        “Come on, we might be late to meet him.” They both walked hand in hand towards a budae jjigae restaurant that located at the end of the shops line.

        “Oppa, I’m hungry.” Kayla blurted out at the moment they stepped into the restaurant. Then, Kai stopped suddenly and Kayla had bumped into his back.

        “Ouch! Why you stop so sudden? You need to warn me first.” Kayla rubbed her forehead and Kai turned to face her.

        “You called me oppa just now.” Kai smirked and Kayla looked at him in astonishment.

        “So?”

        Suddenly…

        “Omo, omo!” Kayla could feel her cheeks turned red and her heartbeat increased rapidly.

        “There’s nothing that you should be ashamed of.” Kai took her hand and pulled her into a hug.

        “Ahem!”

        Both of them then turned to the voice and the boy in front of them stared in disbelief.

        “Guys, seriously? We’re here for lunch, not to be lovey-dovey and kiss…”

        Kai quickly dashed towards Kyungsoo and closed his mouth using his hand.

        “Hahaha! That’s funny.” Kai dragged him to a table nearby and forced Kyungsoo to sit down, still having his hand over Kyungsoo’s mouth.

        “Op…I mean Kai-ah…” Kayla cleared and took a seat across Kai before continued. “…Just let Kyungsoo go. Pity him.”

        “Okay.” Kai turned to his left and gave his best friend a deathly glare. “Don’t talk nonsense again, or else…”

        “Kayla, it’s great to see you again! How are you doing?” Kyungsoo got his attention on Kayla and ignored Kai who was talking to him. Without he realized, Kai looked at him while grinning his teeth.

        Kayla chuckled when she saw the best friends argued over a small matter. Since the incident that happened few days ago, she and Kyungsoo had became best friends, and three of them always hang out together whenever Kyungsoo was on his leave.

        Moments later, a waiter came towards their table with menus in his hand. When her eyes laid on him, Kayla swore it was her first time to see such a god-like waiter, with his model-like height and his sharp jaw line, which could make every girl in the world , including her drooled over him.

        Then, Kai smelt something fishy as Kayla glued her eyes on the waiter and that boy smiled sweetly to her while handed them the menus. As a man, Kai was sure enough that the smile was the hint from the boy to make his move on his girlfriend.

        “Three sets of special budae jjigae with ramen, please.” Kai spoke out and the waiter jotted it down on the small book that he was holding.

        “Anymore, sir?”

        When he started speaking, his voice had sent chill through Kayla’s spine. That husky voice had melted her heart, and she kept staring at the waiter with slightly opened mouth.

        “Miss?”

        She startled and got her mind back into reality, when she realized all three pairs of eyes were set on her. She threw them a smile as nothing happened, and from her place, she could see Kai was looking at the waiter with unreadable gaze.

        “If you didn’t have any more to add, I’ll come back with the orders in few minutes.”

        Before he walked away from their table, he once again threw a smile towards Kayla, and it was enough for Kayla to go red.

        Kai just looked at that waiter named Kris. He managed to read his nametag and from that, he knew the brat name is Kris.

        ‘Kris, now you have topped my enemy list.’

        Kyungsoo scratched his head as he saw Kai was still looking at that waiter. There must be something.

        “Kai, you have interest for that boy?” He pointed at Kris with his mouth.

        “Are you out of your mind??” Kai burst in anger and smacked Kyungsoo right on his arm. He then took a glance at Kayla who was smiling alone.

 

* *

 

        “Thanks for today, Kai-ah.” Both of them stopped in front of Kayla’s house, after went for a lunch and shopping together with Kyungsoo.

        “You’re welcome.” Kai answered short and ready to walk away when Kayla grabbed his wrist.

        “Wae?” A worried and sad look plastered on her porcelain, flawless face. The look had made her become older than her age.

        Kai sighed and he hated to look his girlfriend being sad, but he needed to remind her not to flirt with another guy. All these happened because of that boy. What a jerk, Kai scolded in his heart.

        “Are you okay, oppa?” Kayla thought by calling him that, it might bring back smile on his face. Since earlier, Kai was hardly talked to her, and they didn’t walk side by side while shopping. It had made Kayla worried if she ever done something that made Kai mad.

        “Kai-ah, tell me what is wrong. Maybe we’ll fix it…”

        “No need. Just let me go home to get some rest.” Kai pushed her arms away and walked without turning back.

        “Oppa, wait up!” Kayla didn’t give up easily and ran after Kai who was already a few meters ahead.

        “Kai-ah!” She managed to pull Kai’s shirt and made that boy stop. Kayla caught up her breath from running and had her eyes glued on Kai’s face. She did an innocent face and aegyo, but she failed to make Kai to look at her.

        Kai knew his girlfriend was trying to coax him, but he pretended not to see it. Deep inside his heart, he just wants Kayla to realize her mistake and know one thing – he is jealous.

        “Just go back home.” He instructed but that girl in front of him just stood still, didn’t even move an inch. ‘This little girl is surely stubborn.’

        “Kayla, there’s nothing to talk about. I want to go home now.”

        At the moment he turned away, he felt someone was hugging him from behind.

        “Kai oppa.” Kayla said and then Kai could hear some small sobs.

        ‘Is she crying? Oh God.’

        “Oppa, I’m sorry if I ever done something bad to you.” Kayla sniffed and let out sobs. She couldn’t bear it if Kai is angry towards her. She didn’t want someone whom she loved being away from her, as what Suho had done.

        “I’m sorry…” She then cried her heart out the moment she spoke the words. It really hurt her, as Kai still didn’t want to talk to her.

        “Sshh. Don’t cry, jebal.” He looked around, to see whether there were people watching them or not. He was afraid if they thought that he had done something terrible to Kayla.

        “No. Not until you tell me what I’ve done.” Kayla wiped her tears and broke the hug. She waited patiently for Kai to tell her the things that she had done and made him angry.

        Kai didn’t have any choice and turned to face her. He admitted that his heart hurt when he saw the look on Kayla’s face. It was the last thing on earth that he ever wants to see.

        “Okay, let me tell you the truth.” He made his steps closer to the girl in front of him before spoke out.

        “Still remember the thing that happened at the restaurant earlier?” Kai asked.

        Kayla went speechless and a big question mark popped into her head. “About what?”

        He let out a heavy sigh. She’s so naïve, he thought to himself.

        “That time when you looked at the waiter without even blinking for a second.” Kai blurted out the thing that he had kept inside his heart. ‘I hope she’ll get it.’

        Out of sudden, Kayla burst into laugh and she laughed non-stop, until tears came out from her eyes. “Opps, I’m sorry, oppa.” Moments later, she laughed again and made Kai felt annoyed.

        “Yah, Kayla Park! Stop laughing at me! It wasn’t even funny!” Kai turned mad and stared at the girl who had lost control of herself, as he wanted to have Kayla as his dinner.

        “So, that’s mean, you’re jealous?” Once again, she couldn’t help herself from laughing.

        “Aigoo, my stomach hurt!” Kayla suddenly sat on the ground while holding her stomach.

        Kai crouched and looked at her in worried. “Who ask you to laugh out of control?” He then took Kayla into his hand and carried her to the house.

        “Stop smiling like that or your stomach ache will get worse.” Kai threw his look forward in order to hide his smile.

        “Oppa, I know you’re smiling right now.” Kayla grinned and she hugged Kai around his neck. “Saranghaeyo!”

        Ultimately, Kai couldn’t control his smile back and laughed together with his beloved girlfriend.

        “I love you too, pabo!”

 

To be continued~