Chapter 1

Marry You: Starting Today
"What do you think about this? Or this? Oh... I like this one! But I think this suits better...or this one! But-- yah! You're not listening!" Ri Young's whines shocked me, well...not really, i got used to her nagging, whining and everything. She's been like that since college. 
 
"I am listening. It's just that you talk too fast and I can't really in" i laughed. We're just hanging out in her house because she needs help at something. Ah Yeon and Soo Jin were here a while ago but because of work emergencies, they need to go. 
 
"Oh.... is that so? Sorry! I am just excited and nervous...and I want everything to be perfect!" She told me, still scanning the pages of a wedding magazine. 
 
That's right guys...this girl right here is getting married. 
 
They got engaged a month ago and they're conceptualizing everything now. Since we are a bunch of cool and kind friends, we are helping them in this very special event.
 
"Of course I understand..pabo!" I teased while snatching the magazine from her hands. She pouted for a while but decided to just let me be. She needs to relax a little, she's been a nervous wreck for weeks. Mind you, they're wedding's still next year. What more if it's just weeks away? Oh gosh...I don't want to think about it right now. Haha. 
 
"Yah... what really happened between the two of you?" Ri Young suddenly asked as she piled everything together before relaxing on her emerald green couch. I raised an eyebrow at her. 
 
"Who?" Of course I know who is she referring to. I just don't know what to answer. I really don't know. 
 
"Oh geez Song Ha Ni! Joonmyeon of course! We already sensed something's up" she narrowed her eyes on me. I decided to just ignore her for a while though I'm really itching to tell her what really happened. It's just that she's  busy right now and I don't want to be a burden. Knowing her, she would worry a lot.
 
It's just a teeny weeny misunderstanding. That led to a huge argument. Ugh. I don't really know how and why this happened but it did. 
 
Joonmyeon and I are together for 5 years already and within those years, we didn't really had a very big problem just like this. Sure, we had those times where we really want to claw each other's faces but this argument is different from before. Way too different. 
 
I know it's petty but yeah I got jealous. I got jealous of this girl who works with him. But this girl is not just a simple girl, she's his highschool crush! I know i'm being childish here but who knows if she is his first love? And as they say... "first love never dies" what if? What if? Ugh. See? I'm being paranoid right now by just thinking about it!
 
I threw a simple tantrum when we were on the way home and i admit, it was in the wrong time. I didn't know that everything's crammed up in his office that he just need a good night's rest and an understanding girlfriend. But jealousy got over me and poof! There goes his patience. 
 
I was shocked since it's a first that he snapped at me like that. He has this long thread of patience when it comes to issues like this but I guess everything really has a limit. 
 
But being the stubborn me... I didn't stop at that. I snapped at him too that we ended like this. With us not talking to each other for a week. 
 
I honestly can stand that, not talking for a long period of time.
 
With others, yes. But with him? No. 
 
Because of this big pride I have, I'm still not talking to him. I am dying to, I just don't know how and I don't know if he wants to talk. I am afraid that he doesn't. 
 
"Ok ok, if you dont want to talk about it, I understand. I know both of you will work this out. Just do it soon before it's too late" that last word was like a bucket of cold water poured on me. Before it's too late. What if it is?
 
I decided to talk this over with Ri Young but when I was about to open my mouth, the door opened, revealing a smiling Baekhyun. 
 
"Hi girls!" He greeted as he sat beside Ri Young. The other glared at him. 
 
"Yah! Can't you see we're having some girl time here? Who are you to just barge in my room?!" Ri Young slapped Baekhyun's arm continuously but he just laughed. 
 
"Abeonim was the one who invited me here, I'm just courteous enough to visit you in your room. And who am I? I'm just your handsome fiance" he smirked at her but she just rolled her eyes at him before turning to me. 
 
"Yah! Seriously, are you really getting married? I really can imagine your house will just blow off when you two are living together already" I laughed at these two. They are the craziest couple I ever met.
 
"He's used to it already"
 
"I just learned to accept the fact that she will never change" Baekhyun laughed as Ri Young started hitting him again. I just shook my head laughing at them. 
 
Suddenly, my phone lit up. I saw that someone texted me 
 
From: Joonma
Message: where are you? Can we talk?
 
Can. We. Talk. 
 
Isn't this the starting line of people who want to break up? I felt my heart beating so fast that I think I might pass out any minute. 
 
"Hey, you okay?" Ri Young asked me with her worried eyes. Baekhyun looked at me as well. 
 
"Something happened?" He asked. I smiled a little and shook my head. 
 
"Nothing happened. Just some stuff at work. Riri, is it ok if I come back tomorrow?" I asked and she nodded slowly. 
 
"Of course of course, work's more important" she replied I stood up. 
 
"Want me to drive you there?" Baekhyun offered with a smile. I shook my head and smiled back. 
 
"It's fine Baeks. You two enjoy your time together, I know you didn't able to bond much these past few weeks. See you tom! Bye!" I greeted and went towards the door. I bid goodbye to Ri Young's dad before living the Choi's residence. 
 
I fished my phone out of my bag and found another unread message. 
 
From: Joonma
Message: Here at our usual place. Will wait for you. 
 
I just dont know what to expect. His tone is so serious that I want to laugh but I know it's not the right time for that. Besides, I really do want to talk to him.
 
Luckily, Ri Young's place isn't far from the coffee shop Junmyeon and I usually hang out. I arrived a few minutes after and found him staring at nothing in particular. I approached him slowly. 
 
"Oh there you are. Sit" he told me. I can sense he's too serious and as stiff as a stick. He's like that when he's nervous. 
 
That's when I figured out he's gonna end this. Right here, right now. 
 
"So... are you just gonna look at me? If you called me for nothing, i'll lea--"
 
"Still stubborn huh? You're not even saying sorry for what you did" Joonmyeon cut me off, he's now stirring his coffee. I quietly sighed and mentally scolded myself. Why did i say that?? Me and my temper. 
 
"Ha Ni. I've been thinking a lot... about us" 
 
See? Ugh why don't he just end it short and simple? Not telling hints just like what he's doing. I didn't reply. Because I'm nervous like heck. 
 
"We've been busy these days and not see each other often... when we do, it just ends with an argument that neither of us like to give in" he continued. 
 
"... I realized we have a lot of differences than similarities" why is he telling me little by little? And why am i not talking back?! Am I giving up too??
 
"I don't know if you could still handle me, my strengths and weakness" i know I can, but what will it do when he's giving up already. 
 
This time, I trying my hardest not to let this tears fall. 
 
"...I know I told you a lot of times that someday, we'll start another chapter of our lives together but..."
 
Okay this is it. Ugh. I want to go now and leave him but I dont want to. 
 
"Can we start now?" 
 
Huh? I looked back at him. He's started standing up while holding something in his hands. He kneeled down and flashed his blinding smile at me. 
 
"Will you marry me?"
 
That's it. My tears fell nonstop. 
 
"Yah Kim Joonmyeon! Stupid stupid stupid" I kept telling him, not minding other customers are already staring at us. 
 
"You're not answering" 
 
"Are you really stupid?! Of course! Yes!" 
 
He suddenly stood up and hugged me tightly whispering that I love you  that i really missed. 
 
I guess I'll be as stressed as Ri Young from now on. 
 
 
----
 
AYO! 
here it is~ :")
Comments are really really appreciated~ :") 
THANK YOU!!!