Battle Two

Battle of the Exes

- jongin -
 

"You're not.. cause you're really not that desperate to win this aren't you?"

"Of course I am." She announces so surprisingly. I know her. And shame to admit but I do know when she's lying or not. 

"I'm not giving up, so let me go in the way. Excuse-"

"Wait a sec.", I held her wrist before she could pass. "Is that how you treat your ex?"

 

She looks onto me like I never existed before and rolled her eyes. "For your information," her grasps weaken against my palm, returning her hands to the normal position it supposed to be - in accordance with her own body. "Past is past. "

 

That . Hearing words from her. But anyway, in a point she's right. I can admit that. We had a good time, and a not-so-good time. Maybe I screwed up and hurt her, but when we were together she's not a tell-all type of girl that makes a guy realize their own faults. She's more of the quiet type that will keep someone bugged like what she did to me almost two years ago. She hung me on a phone call, cut her lines, and absolutely tearing me off from her profiles. 

 

I don't know what her problem is. All what I know is that 'our relationship' was not meant to happen again. We're not perfect, neither close to be perfect. As a couple, we fought, throwing harsh statements to one another. But after all of it, we're through it. Not just the last time we communicated, we ended up. 

 

The time that I saw her with someone is the time I realized that we've ended up. Maybe not a justifiable reason, but, it’s enough to state that she has already someone. It broke my heart. 

 

I threw a gaze at her before accomplishing her pleading. 

 

Still, I don't know her plan. Why is she here? And why has she had to do with this lame contest? 

 

I want to ask her, but even telling her that her outfit today was weird would take me a bombshell to handle. First, I am afraid she might hit me. Secondly, her outfit - even though was weird - suits her style. And the rest is all just because she's now walking away from where I was. 

 

I feel like I don't care anymore since she’s faced me her back. I do the same action too. And I just realized how this meeting was awkward. It's just insane that we would meet again in a silly game.

 

---

 

Two hours have passed. It's already night time. And people were exhausted so they left, but not me. I decided to win for the prize money. I take a pause from standing, shielding my hand that connects me from the bus. I feel tired, and maybe I'm going to be out sooner or later. 

 

Fewer and fewer, until the judges came up to the list of the last five people who maintained to be in the game. 

 

Wow. I'm just proud that I'm still in. I didn't thought of this to be tiring. 

 

I peek at my side, to my left then to the other - to the side where she was. I didn't mean to. It hasn't crossed my mind that I looked at her. Honestly now, I'm just curious who are still in, and who went off the buzzer. Then I saw her. 

 

 

How I hated seeing her, or meeting her even in poor side glances. She hit me to the ground when she left, and now? What was she up to? Is she aiming to destroy my life again?

 

I sigh, with pure disbelief that she’s going to win. I laugh at her when I saw her knees fell onto the ground, nearly crawling, but far from throwing her body out of the area when she stands up again. “Another minute then you’re gone.”

 

I curve the side of my lips, and she rolls her eyes to me.

 

I want to see her losing in this game. I want to feel how she made me feel when she stormed my life and left me with purely nothing.