Ready or Not

Ready or Not

Jonghyun was sitting at a table at their favorite outdoor cafe. Key had sent him a text message a bit earlier that morning to ask him to meet at 2. Being done with his schedule for the day, he accepted.

Key took a look at his watch. 1:57. He would be on time. He was seeing people sitting at different tables from afar, on the other side of the street. When he recognized Jonghyun amongst them, his heart started beating faster. "Phew, he's there. I really couldn't have handled it if he would not have came." Key took a deep breath and forced himself to continue walking straight to the cafe, instead of running away. He saw Jonghyun turning his head towards him and recognizing him. Now it was too late, for bad or for good. In 5 seconds, they would be facing each other.

As Key was now sitting in front of Jonghyun, lost in his dark puppy eyes, he lost the little confidence he had and wondered why he made him come in here. Jonghyun asked him about his day and how his schedules went, but Key could not concentrate, he was gibbering non-sense. Jonghyun looked worried. He put his hand on Key's arm and asked if everything was fine. Key started to feel dizzy. He was fidgeting on his chair. "No it's ok I - " Key started to say, but he froze when he saw Jonghyun making him a warm smile. "Why are you smiling like that?" "Well, it's just that you look like a child that wants to ask for something but that is afraid it's going to be refused." 

Key sighed. He opened his mouth, with the intention of finally saying it, but nothing would come out. 

"No. I can't.", he thought. He closed his mouth. "I think I will become crazy, I won't be able to tell him again today!"

Key was thinking that Jonghyun was the most handsome man on Earth. Since the first day he met him, he stole his heart without even knowing. Key had never been confident enough to confess his love to him, but now he knew that he had to do it. It was now or never. He would not get another chance. These days Jonghyun was particularly affectionate, in constant need for attention and hugs. Maybe because of his recent break-up? Key had to act fast, as Jonghyun was never too long to find a new girl to have a crush on.

"I feel like an idiot", Key thought to himself. He was so frustrated that he was not able to communicate his feelings to Jonghyun. He wanted to be able to love him without hiding it.

Key opened his mouth again. "Will I be able to tell him? Am I ready, or not?", he thought. Jonghyun, who was concentrated on playing with his straw, suddenly looked up and locked his gaze with Key. His eyes were sparkling, he looked like he was waiting for something.

"Oh that look...Ok...I have to do it...I think I will be able to do it. Now."

Key took Jonghyun's hand in his own. "I love you Jonghyun."

Jonghyun smiled to him, squeezing his hand back.

Key felt like he was in a dream. He had waited for that moment for so long. 

"Really?", Jonghyun asked with emotion in his voice.

"Yes", Key said gently. "You are my only love."

 

===================================================================================================

So, what do you think of it? Personally, I am pretty satisfied with it!

Here is the link for the lyrics if you are curious! http://meeramaruu.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/lyric-shinee-%E2%80%93-ready-or-not-hangulromanizationtranslation/