Did You Lose It in the Boba?

Give Me the Usual
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Iced mocha with boba, please," he scoffed, flipping his rainbow hair to the side as he reached for his wallet nonchalantly and received the same amount of $3.25 for the price. He had visited so many time prior, he memorized the price, the board with bright, neon lettering more shoving the items for sale in a person's face than advertising them, he same bored, furrowing faces as the busy bodies buzzed around behind the counter preparing and serving orders. He was bored of the routine but he wouldn't stop. The pouty, vexed young man had memorized everything in that tiny little coffee shop tucked away in the corner of the college campus- everything but him. Sure, he had seen him most all the time, staring at him as soon as he step foot into the establishment. He always noticed the way he would pretend like he was fervently working as the manager, shuffling here and there and dishing out the occasional order to the others from time to time, always glancing back at him as he sipped his boba coffee. He always noticed the way that he always wanted to wave to him as he politely but quickly exited the shop to hurry to some far off classroom on the other side of the school. He noticed all of these things, but he had not grown accustomed to it, not in the least. Everyday, even today, he swore he saw the manager look at him just a little more intensely, a little more passionately. Perhaps he had even swiped his pale pink tongue across those lovely pink lips of his as he watched him drink his beverage this time. Maybe he had lingered in one spot, focusing on the younger boy, for just a little longer today. He didn't know what, but something was different today, as with everyday. He could not memorize this.

"Goodbye!" the older boy yelled as Sehun got up to leave the establishment, having finished his drink and only having five minutes to miraculously get to his next class on time. Sehun stopped midway, frozen in the doorframe. Was he imagining things? Did Luhan, the top, most popular college senior and manager of EXO Planet Coffee Shop just say "bye" to him, when, on a daily basis, he would make the Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz look brave? No, it couldn't be. Seniors are weird he thought to himself as he exited, deciding not to dwell on it any longer. So what if he had said "bye" to him? What did he care? He didn't.

"Damn, shot down again," Suho laughed behind Luhan playfully as he filled a cup to the rim with scalding hot vanilla coffee for the next customer in line. "You really ought to pick up your game," he chuckled, handing the customer the drink gingerly. The cute female customer giggled before winking at Suho and leaving.

"At least he said something this time. We have to give him credit for that," Kyungsoo, another worker there, came to the elder's defense as the latter blushed brighter than the cherry lollipop sitting lazily in his mouth. Suho shrugged.

"Yeah, like that makes a difference. He can say all he wants but he's just not into him," Suho retorted, nudging Luhan in the arm. Luhan frowned, biting down on his lollipop.

"I'll get him eventually. I'm just not trying hard enough, I suppose," he declared, determined to capture the indifferent, inflexible Oh Sehun's heart for his own.

"If you can't get with him, you can always go to Kai. He's known to cheer people up," Lay stated bluntly as he handed another clamoring customer his drink. He nodded with a grin as the customer left mumbling. Nothing ever fazed the docile, sweet Lay.

"You would know. What are you guys, just dancing buddies?" Suho laughed, catching Lay off guard and striking a fragile nerve.

"Now, now, Suho. Don't you think you're getting a little out of hand?" Kyungsoo intervened.

"Now, now, Kyungsoo. Don't you think your boy toy, Kai, is getting a little out of hand? You better watch him with this guy," he chortled, pointing his thumb at Lay who was serving yet another customer. Suho received a piercing admonishing stare from Lay as he handed the female customer her drink and turned to prepare another.

"Suho!" Luhan exclaimed, who, up until now, had been lost in thought, contemplating how he could possibly seduce the young freshman, Sehun, when he entered the store next. The incessant whirring and clinks and chatter of the shop had blocked out all annoying quarrels but now, he returned to reality to put Suho back in his place. He was getting out of hand and Luhan grew weary of it. Suho froze, always afraid of when his older stepbrother grew stern with him. Luhan didn't have the heart to fire him but, he surely would have to keep him in line, both as manager of the shop, and as annoyed older stepbrother. "Shut up, Suho. Get back to work, we have a lot of thirsty customers, today and I would appreciate it if you would stop hindering business by prating on about nonsense," he stated as cordially as he could so as not to startle any of the customers in the store. Suho nodded, mumbling something about how Luhan would never get Sehun under his breath but continued on to work. Luhan let out a sigh of relief, glad that the torture was over. He greatly appreciated the help from Kyungsoo and the failed attempt at cheering him up from Lay, but his mind continued to wander back to the irritated little freshman, Oh Sehun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ah, ah, ah, Oh Sehun!" Luhan screamed, arching his back as he came, sweaty and flushed, into his hands. , I just ed to a boy that's not even mine. What am I becoming? What's wrong with me? What is he doing to me? I swear, I would never have been this weak before. , Oh Sehun he thought to himself as he cleaned the still hot from his hands and his once clean, crisp white sheets. He was ashamed of himself, no doubt. That night, he stay awake, thinking of all the ways he could grab Oh Sehun and make him his. He wanted him so desperately, he thought he would explode if he couldn't get Sehun soon. The haunting words of Suho slithered back into his mind like a quiet, venomous snake. He knew his stepbrother meant no harm by them, it was harmless fun, but the words constricted his heart and mind, injecting them with the venom of doubt. Can I really make him mine? What if he doesn't like me? Oh, what am I saying? Everyone likes me, or at least wants to bed me, which is close enough. But, then, why am I doubting myself? I've never done this before. It's not right. Something's definitely not right. Him, Oh Sehun. He's doing this to me. . I have to have him. I need him. What if he doesn't like me, though? it. I'm gonna try anyway! I have to! He dozed off to sleep, physically satisfied but mentally reeling. By god, he was going to try.

 

 

 

 

 

Day in and day out, fail after fail, Luhan tried and tried to seduce the young, flippant Sehun as he sauntered in with his usual "I'm better than you because I'm just me"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter