Ch17 - The Contract

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Mino's POV

___________________________________________________________________________________

There was a knock on the door.

"Can you get that, babe?" Taehyun said, groggily, rubbing his eyes.

I looked at the analog wall clock across the room. It was 7:00 in the morning, on a Saturday. I couldn' help but feel a little annoyed that someone would be bothering us this early. We really didn't get very much sleep, to begin with. I dragged myself out of bed, without a word and did as I was asked. I smiled to myself as a memory from the night before replayed in my head.

The knock quickly progressed into pounding. "Calm your down, I'm coming." I called out, rushing to the door. My eyes widened when I saw Jinwoo's bright expression. It was actually kind of cute, despite the ungodly hour he chose to show it. "Uhm, hi?" I chuckled.

"Mino!" He beamed at me, pulling me into a tight hug. I hesitantly hugged back, somewhat confused.

I cleared my throat and pulled away when I noticed Taehyun walking into the room behind me.

"You are not going to believe this. Kang Seungyoon came up to us and asked about you two!" He cried out to Taehyun, barging in past me.

"What?" Taehyun asked, following a yawn.

"That's right, he came right up to me and asked if I was Taehyun's friend. I was totally speechless, Seunghoon had to answer for me. I'm telling you, he is like way more handsome in person." he squealed, flailing his arms.

Taehyun finally reached him and grabbed his shoulders, sighing in slight annoyance. "Aish. Jinwoo, it is too early for this. I need you to focus. What exactly did he say?"

He sighed, dreamily and continued. "Ok. So, apparently there were scouts from GDE at club Namwin last night! He gave me this number and told me they wanted to interview you guys!! Oh, here, I brought you guys breakfast" He concluded, handing me a white plastic bag he had been holding.

I looked at Taehyun, who looked back at me.

"Well? Aren't you excited?!" Jinwoo asked.

We broke out into wide grins, feeling the excitement rising, as the news sinked in to our poorly rested minds.

"Let's give them a call!" I said, pulling out my phone to get the number from Jinwoo.

"Wait, who's gonna talk to them? They asked for Taehyun?" The phone was already ringing.

"I don't think it matters." Taehyun said, as I handed the phone to him. He was the most well spoken between us, anyways. "Hello, this is Nam Taehyun. I was told to call this number regarding an interview." 

 

FOUR HOURS LATER:

"So we don't need to audition, since you taped our performance?"

"That's right. After reviewing your performance with my colleagues, we have decided to offer you two a contract."

We gaped at our interviewer in shock.

"Now, let me be clear. We are signing you on as trainees. After a period of time, if you pass our evaluations, you may be able to debut."

"We would debut, together, correct?"

"That is the plan. You two look great up there, together. We would be wise not to tear you apart."

We nodded at him, in agreement. He asked us to look over the contract, and sign at the bottom. We had already filled out a lenghy questionnaire and completed our individual interviews. They asked all the usual, boring questions. All that was left was to sign. I couldn't believe I was sitting there, at the time.

"Excuse me, sir, it says here this is a four-year contract. We will be debuting before that, right? That's a long time."

"More than likely, yes It depends on how quickly you progress through your training so it's really up to you."

Taehyun looked over at me, sensing my hesitation. "This is very generous of you. Would it be ok if we take some time to decide?"

"Certainly. We look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, I would like to extend an invitation to a party tonight, at the Ritz, hosted by GDE. You're welcome to invite friends." He said, standing up.

"Wow, that sounds great. We'll be there." Taehyun said, moving his chair back. We shook hands with the interviewer. He handed us each a card, telling us to call him directly. We bowed politely, thanking him and made our way out the room.

We tried to contain ourselves on the way back to the loft. We had walked over to the GDE building, as it was only a few blocks down from Taehyun's place. It all felt so surreal. I never imagined I would be on the verge of pursuing an actual music career. It was all so sudden. I was a little reluctant about this whole thing, since I wasn't sure if they would let me keep my individual style. Taehyung assured me they should because it was good enough to get us noticed, in the first place.

"GDE is different. They don't sign just anybody. You have to have talent and I hear people move through the training system lightning fast, compared to other companies. They supposedly treat their artists really well, too. That GD really is a revolutionary." he concluded, hinging his arm with mine as we reached his elevator.

The whole time I was deep in thought, not really saying much. Taehyung seemed really excited about this. He probably only held back on signing right away because of me, which I appreciated. This whole thing made me even more exhausted. I honestly just wanted to take a nap.

We greeted Bobby who was in the kitchen, making tea. I had almost forgotten he was staying there. He asked if we wanted any but we both declined. I headed straight towards Taehyun's room, stating that I was going to bed. I heard Taehyun asking Bobby if he wanted to go to the party at the Ritz, later, as I swung open the door.

I found myself wondering if we would actually meet the ceo at the party. I may be weary about most of the mainstream industry but I did have a lot of respect for that guy. Taehyun was probably right, GD would take care of us. He wasn't just any guy who owned an etertainment company, he had been through the idol process, was a rapper himself, and had been the leader in one of the most succesful idol groups in history. I suddenly felt myself feeling better about this, as I kicked my shoes off.

I reached in my pocket for my vibrating phone. It was Zico calling.

"Yo, is it true, bruh? Are you gonna be an idol?!"

___________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Yes G-Dragon has a company xD I won't be surprised if that happens irl. I think Mino was so exhausted in this chap cuz that's how I feel. I know this is a boring and awful chapter orz I'm sorry...I honestly just want to sleep but I was supposed to update yesterday so I felt bad. Next chapter is party chapter tho yay. xp Well, I am currently stuck in bed, sick as . I think it's the flu, it started mildly yesterday and today I feel much worse. Hopefully I won't die before the next update.