Ch15 - Club Celebrity

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Mino's POV

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It had been over a week since Taehyun had voluntarily ruined his reputation in front of the enitire school.

The plan had worked in a very unexpected way.

Half the student body were pretty grossed out by it and stayed away from Taehyun, making snide comments when he walked by.

However, he was still Nam Taehyun and no one dared touch him for fear of being sued or worse.

The other half of the students thought it was a sort of protest for gay rights and commended him for being so brave and kind to the boy he had made fun of, before.

Still, others thought the whole thing was just a prank and it was just Taehyun being an attention .

He did get in big trouble with the school principal for his display. Regardless of his good intentions, it was still deemed inappropriate and a disturbance, so they asked him to leave. He planned on going through with his promise, no matter what, so he did.

Needless to say, what he got was but a small taste of what he had put Bobby through. The two had been spending a lot of time talking things out and were pretty cool with each other, nowadays. Taehyun even went as far as offering him a place to stay, since he was getting few work hours and was having problems at home.

Therefore, Bobby was shacking up at Taehyun's loft, in his guest bedroom. I went there for the first time after we got back together, last week. He told me he didn't know me well enough before and was paranoid about bringing anyone to his place. I could understand why but now that we knew each other better, we had developed a sense of trust. Obviously he made an exception for Bobby as a way to make things up to him. His father owned the building and got him an apartment that he could use when he didn't feel like going home to the mansion. Originally it was because it was closer to his school and all of his friends from middle school were going there, so naturally he wanted to.

Lately, he'd been debating wether to even attend college, after everything that happened. He was really getting into composing music with me, which he always felt would be too complicated for him. He's gotten over not wanting to do hard work since he met me and was surprisingly good at it, right off the bat.

He took me to his father's studio the day he dropped out. I was impressed by the set up and we had been frequenting it progressively often. I found out that Taehyun had a very nice singing voice, as well. It almost made me like him more, if that was possible. There was going to be another big night at the club for performers and we had been working on a duet.

It was Friday afternoon and Taehyun was driving Zico and I home from school.

I held one of his hands in my lap as he drove.

"Do you think the scouts will be there, tonight?" I asked.

"It's hard to tell. They don't announce when they're coming so even I don't know. They also keep their identity secret so the performers won't get nervous when they see them watching. I can recognize a few of them but like I said, only if they're even there." Taehyun explained.

"Ah, I don't know why I brought it up. Thinking about it is making me more nervous."

"What do you have to be nervous about? You know you're gonna kill it. Plus, I'll be right up there with you." he said, blowing me a kiss.

Zico groaned in the back. "Y'all tone down the sappy a'ight. I'm still getting used to this. Yo, watch the road!!" he shouted when Taehyun almost ran the stop light, at a busy intersection, distracted by me.

"Sorry." he quickly apologized. I ruffled his hair making him whine and hit me.

We were on our way to a five star restaurant, where we were meeting Hanbin,  Jiwon, and Seunghoon for dinner. Taehyun had decided to treat them all to a meal before the club, hoping to get rid of any residual tension between anyone. Jinwoo had reconciled with Bora and said he was taking her shopping, so he would just meet us later on.

 

"Alright, everyone, feel free to stuff yourselves! This is one of my favorite restaurants, everything is good." Taehyun announced, brightly. The place was packed and we had gotten one of the best tables. The walls were decorated with gold patterned wallpaper and everything else was black, white, or shiny. There were gold and crytal chandeliers lining the ceiling, above each table. They played classical music on the speakers and the menu didn't list prices, so you knew it was for people who didn't care about spending money.  

"I feel sort of under-dressed." Seunghoon said, shifting uncomfortably.

Taehyun grinned, warmly. "Oh, stop. That doesn't matter. You're my VIP's." He told him, reaching out and patting his hand. He returned the smile, mouthing 'I love you' to him.

"Everything is so...foreign." Jiwon mumbled, making Hanbin giggle.

"Here, just get pasta. That's the same just about anywhere, right? Or maybe chicken?" Hanbin said, pointing at his menu.

"Damn! They have a lobster and crab cake burger? I know what I'm getting. Ay, do they serve fries here?" asked Zico.

"No but they have really good potatoes.. You know what, I can ask." Taehyun said.

"Speaking of lobster, I think I'm just gonna get whatever sounds most expensive." Said Seunghoon, letting out a cackle. I lightly smacked his arm and shook my head, a smile plastered on my face the whole night.

 

It wasn't long before we each got some food. Each order started off with an complimenting appetizer, followed by a small second course, and finally the main meal. The waiter brought them out to us, stopping to explain what was on each plate as he handed them out. The portions weren't very big but they were decorated very prettily. It looked more like pieces of art than food but they tasted unbelievably good.

"Oh that looks good, I haven''t tried that." Taehyun cooed, smiling cutely at me. I stabbed a piece with my fork and fed it to him. He opened wide and slid his mouth away, ily, giving me a wink. I felt my pulse start to race. I couldn't believe I had broken up with this cute thing, less than a month ago.

Hanbin and Jiwon also fed each other, happily, staring into each other's eyes in titters. They seemed so content, now. I was glad.

"Guys, stop. I think I'm gonna be sick." said Zico, burying his face in his hands. Seunghoon rubbed his back, sympathetically.

 

We tried to be on our best behavior but still got glares from people around us, a few times. It was getting close to our performance time so Taehyun called the waiter for the check. He gave him his card, saying it was for everything.

I glanced with my eyes at the bill, when he recived it. Holy , $1,200.00?! I thought, mouth agape. I stared at Taehyun, who signed the receipt, nonchalantly, adding a $200.00 tip. That was a little more than a month's rent for me.

"Ok, everyone, we are off to the club! Woo!"

 


The club was already packed when we arrived. Thankfully, all of us didn't have to wait in line, going to the front of the VIP door.

There was already some performers onstage, which was a three piece rock band. They were featuring performers of pop and rock genres, tonight.

Hanbin and Jiwon walked past us hand in hand, joining the crowd.

Zico was on the phone with his girlfriend, Hyuna, struggling to hear her over the loud music.

Taehyun leaned into my ear and told me he was going to the restroom, planting a smooch on my cheek.

I stood near the bar with Seunghoon when Jinwoo came up to me, grinning excitedly. He pulled me into a warm embrace and started going off.

"Oh my god, I just saw Kang Seungyoon! I'm not even kidding. He's actually here! Oh god, I think I'm gonna die, my poor heart. I saw him coming in disguised with a hat and sunglassses going to the VIP room but I'm sure it was him! I would recognize that beautiful bastard anywhere!" Jinwoo spouted out, spazzing like a maniac.

He started singing his song, Wild and Young, grabbing my hands and jumping around like an idiot. I laughed my off, jumping with him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *sob* So much gay (◡‿◡✿) The money is in USD ok I'm too lazy to convert to KRW. Do they even tip in Korea? idk.