1/1

A Husband and a Wife
a/n:please do leave a comment...
It was already 5 in the afternoon when Hwayoung had arrived at the train station somewhere at the country side. She then sat a little while on the bench along with a stranger. It seems he was a wanderer too in that place. As she looked at him, the man looks at her too and he smiled.
 
"Are you new here too?" he asked.
 
"Y- yes. I was just riding random trans so I don't really know this place at all. You?"
 
"Just like you, but I heard that there are holiday inns in here. They even told me that many of it was offering such reasonable prices for tourists. This is somehow a paradise for those who wanted some peace." Hwayoung just kept on staring at the man like a child learning every word the stranger was talking about. He doesn't looked like a gangster or somewhat a bad person, but then she wasn't in a place to trust anybody else. "What?"
 
"Uh? N- nothing. I think I better get going now." she then stands up and walked her way. To be honest, she doesn't know where she will be heading to. Her bag was full of her clothes, but it can only last for a week. She then looks at her wallet, gladly she have enough for her needs during her stays. Maybe, just maybe, she can get anything done for money if she looks for part time works.
 
She was just wearing some thin clothes with long sleeves and the cold of the wind is passing true her. She can feel it even to her bones because she was injured, yes she was injured. Physically and emotionally, she was battered, she was tormented. Hwayoung just kept on hugging herself as she walks to the rigid of the streets to get to the center of this place and have a inn to sleep on. As she was walking down on her path, she remembers how much time she let passed by when she get married to his husband Bang Yungguk. Its been two years since she got married to the man she thought she can depend on.
 
He met Yungguk when they were just in senior high and it was a pure little teasing from their friend around them. They get to know each other slowly and they get along well, until he confessed to her. Hwayoung cannot contain the happiness she was in when he heard that words from the guy she love too. They became a couple and been together until their college days. As soon as they graduated from college, Yungguk proposed to her and they get married.
 
He was a good man and everything. He proved to the girl's family that he can provide Hwayoung her needs even he didn't came from a very well off family like the girl was. He didn't let Hwayoung to work, instead Yungguk just asked her to stay at home and be a housewife that she should be. They were living such happy home, until she got pregnant. They were so happy that their family can finally be whole with a child of their own.
 
Yungguk cannot contain his happiness when he learned about it. They went to the doctor to get much more attention for the baby. She was at her risky times and she can't be stressed and cannot do heavy works in and out of their house, but Hwayoung can't help it. She just can't most of all when she was called that her husband was rushed at the hospital for he collapsed on his work. When Hwayoung arrived at the hospital, Yungguk was already fine and already standing.
 
"Hwayoung, what are you doing here?" Yungguk asked.
 
"They, they said that you were rushed in here so I, I get here immediately. Are you fine? Does anything hurt?" she replied while she was checking her husband.
 
"I'm fine. Its just some random stressed. They just gave me some supplement and I will have a leave of absents to get some rest."
 
"Glad... I'm glad that you are fine." she then embraced her husband tightly and suddenly she felt something on her abdomen. It hurts. Its trembling inside. She's curling down.
 
"Hwayoung? Hwayoung what's happening? Hwayoung? Hwayoung!?" he exclaimed when his wife collapsed on his arms.
 
When Hwayoung woke up, her husband was sitting beside her on his bed and all disappointed, "Yung- Yungguk what happened? Where am I?"
 
"You are in a hospital."
 
"Uh? Why are we here?"
 
"Hwayoung, its- its because you had a miscarriage."
 
She was shocked and her tears just showered down her eyes. For two weeks or so, she tried to be fine and so as Yungguk, but though she admit it or not, everything changes when that happened. Yungguk often goes home late at night and Hwayoung used to sleep waiting in vain. There are times that he may goes home drunk and if he stays at home he never give damn to talk to his wife even if they're sitting side by side. All these things are occupying her mind as she was walking in the foreign streets that she didn't see the men heading her way and bumped her.
 
"Hey! Watch out!" the guy said. They stink of alcohol and Hwayoung felt so nervous looking at their faces.
 
"So- sorry. I'm sorry." she bowed.
 
"Sorry eh!? Let me looked at your face." he lifts the woman's face, but Hwayoung tried her best to evade those eyes. "You have face. Why don't you come with us right!?" and the other men had cheer to 'Yes!' "See? Come on! Come with us!" he then grabbed the woman on its arm.
 
"Pl- please let me go!" Hwayoung plead. Suddenly somebody else grabbed her from the back, its the man she met randomly at the station. "You!?" he just smirked at the woman.
 
"Well, what you guys wanted from my woman?" he asked confidently.
 
"You- you're what?" Hwayoung mumbled, but she was just sealed with the stranger's finger.
 
"Your woman? Are playing a hero here?" the offender asked.
 
"I am! And for the big thought, I am her husband! Now, can you back off?" and the men leaves. As soon as they are gone out of sight, Hwayoung immediately snatched herself from the man. "Uh, I'm sorry."
 
"...you" she said lowly.
 
"Huh?"
 
"Th- thank you."
 
"Fine. Welcome. Where are you heading?"
 
"I will look for an inn."
 
"Can I join you?"
 
"Uh?" Without saying anything they just walked silently on the ground until they found an inn. It wasn't that so presentable or you can say its kinda old, but it looks clean and the stays doesn't cost that much. Moreover, they have an offer for couples. "So, this is the cheap one." he looked at Hwayoung who just awkwardly turned a gazed on him and then looked back to the inn's door.
 
"I'll stay here."
 
"If you'll stay, then I'll take a room too."
 
"Huh?"
 
"Its not going to be good if husband and wife stays in two different inn, right?"
 
"But..."
 
"Its just fine and b..." they were surprised by someone who opened the door suddenly. "Good- good evening!" he greeted.
 
"Are you two a customer?" the old woman asked.
 
"Yes!"
 
"Newly weds?"
 
"Yes!"
 
"Wai..." Hwayoung cannot pulled back anymore because as soon as the old woman send them in, the man had excitedly get the key and take the stairs to reached their room. Inside, the man immediately lie down the bed while Hwayoung stays standing holding her bag.
 
"What?" the man asked as he sat up. "Aren't you tired?"
 
"I- its because..."
 
"I am Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo. You? What's your name?"
 
"I am Ryu Hwayoung."
 
Myungsoo nods for sometime, "It suits your face."
 
"What do you mean by that?"
 
"Pretty. You are pretty." he then goes back to lying his body on. "You stow away too, right?"
 
"How did you know?"
 
"Because I am too. I always runaway." he then pat the bedside. "Here sit. Come on."
 
"I am married."
 
That suddenly snapped the man from lying and face the woman as he sat up again, "I am a married man too."
 
Without any words, the bedroom had all the boundaries between just the two people. It feels its too crowded that they both can't move easily. Myungsoo asked for futon and took the floor and let the woman have the bed for herself. He just need to create lies why he needed it. In their back, they are both staring on the ceiling. They doesn't care if each other was still awake or not, they just stare on it until Hwayoung fell asleep unknowingly. When Myungsoo get up to go to the bathroom, he noticed the woman's sleeping face. The shape of it was so soft for such a woman. He smiled, "Told ya! You're pretty." he mumbled to himself.
 
When he steps closer to the comfort room, Hwayoung suddenly moans like she was in pain. Myungsoo looks back and watch what was happening, there he saw the girl fastening the sheets onto her hands side by side. Her face was contoured in fear. She sobs on her dreams. It bothers him for such reason. He immediately get back to her and tried to shake the woman just wake her up, but he only hears, "Please... please... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I won't do it again. No please. It hurts, Yungguk it hurts!" from what he heard, he already knows what's happening. He didn't bother to wake her up anymore, instead he just laid by her side and tried to comfort her.
 
As he was trying his best to make her shaking stops as she was having the bad dream, he cannot stops himself from peeking on the girl's wrapped arms. There he saw bruises that was turning violet and there are some new addition. "How could her husband hurt her?" he whispered to himself. He fell asleep without him knowing. In the middle of the night, she chills that woke him up again. She has high fever! Myungsoo doesn't know what to do, so he gets out of the room and asked for assistance from the old lady down the stairs.
 
"She seems so exhausted and fearful. I saw some bruises and some was just new. Are you hurting your wife!?" she scolded after she put some immediate aid to the woman who's sleeping.
 
"I- I am not. I swear I don't."
 
"It might be because of her physically battered body and her fright from someone who's hurting her. Who would do that if its not you?"
 
"I swear ajumma! I didn't hurt my wife."
 
"For now I'll leave her to you. But don't you dare bother her at her rest! Let her have some peace on her own. Better stay beside her."
 
"Ye- yes." as the old woman said, Myungsoo stayed awake for Hwayoung and occasionally soaked the mat on her head on water to help her fever to run down. As he watches over the stranger woman, he remembered his wife Boa. Not because she was a loving wife or something, but because she never did adore Myungsoo as a woman, for that woman was just seeing him as a collateral for some money that his family borrowed and never returned to the private lending group that his wife's father owned.
 
He knows Kim Boa since they were just kids. He doesn't like her, but she always chased him. When his brother had an accident and needed to have a kidney transplant when they were both in college, their parents was attached to have business with the girl's family. They doesn't want the house or anything, because Boa asked for Myungsoo instead. It doesn't mean she loves him, but she wanted him to be her slave for her own good.
 
"Since you're mine now, you're abide to do everything I wanted. Clear?" Boa said.
 
"No."
 
She slapped the man who almost hit her back, but tend to control himself, "You still have that kind of angst in your body when you are just a dog to be named to?"
 
"Who's the lowest in here? When you are the one who bought me?" he got another slapped and he just smirked back.
 
Day after day, it only gets worse for Myungsoo and for his wife. He's a man and he has her own needs. During those times, just those times, they were allowed to be the couple they should've be. After that, they are incredibly enemies. For more than three years, Myungsoo was holding back his grudge against that family. He got a collector job that gave him such fearless and fearful aura around him. People are evading him. Boa was so strict upon him and there are times that she even embarrassed him in front of everyone.
 
He can't take it. He has his own money and he knows that his father in law cannot looked in depth of his duty and so he steals some money from it and sends his family out of the country. But then, Boa caught his tactics and devour his penny on the bank.
 
"How dare you do this to our family!? We even let you live in lined with us!?" she exclaimed.
 
"Fine! Tell your father what have I done and for sure it'll be the end for you and me. Its a pleasure to be separated from you."
 
"You moron!" she then slapped and break things inside their bedroom and hit everything she got to Myungsoo. It doesn't matter for her husband. "You really planned this aren't you?"
 
"Do you think so?" he smirked like there's nothing wrong.
 
"You idiot! I even came to love you for nothing! All these years, I have learn to give you my heart and then you'll just deceived me and my father!?"
 
"You were the one who deceived my family first." after that night, Myungsoo runaway from home. Its for the fact that when his in laws got to learn about what he did, he'll surely be dead. That's explains why he is now watching over and taking care of someone else's wife. Before he knew it, it was already morning and the inn'   owner already brought some food for Hwayoung and for Myungsoo. "Uh, thank you."
 
"Does her fever went down?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Better. Feed her before you give her the medicine."
 
Myungsoo do everything that was told to him. When Hwayoung woke up, he take care of her like they really knew each other. All day, overtime, Hwayoung was wondering why the man was doing those things for her. Until the night falls, Hwayoung just stilt in silence and just let the man do the things he was doing. But when Myungsoo sat down beside her in the bed, she immediately jolted.
 
"What?" he asked.
 
"Ju- just, you're two close..."
 
"Huh? Why? Its just fine. We're not doing anything."
 
"But..."
 
"You're afraid to your husband, aren't you?"
 
"Wh- what are you talking about?"
 
"I've seen the bruises and wounds on your body. It already tells me the stories thought you never says anything."
 
"Its my fault."
 
"No matter how much you hurt him, a man shouldn't be hurting a woman. He better leaves if he cannot control himself anymore."
 
"Did you... I mean did you also left your wife because you're not getting along well?"
 
"She owns me and I owe her family its just that I don't come to love her after all these years. She has her temper and I couldn't prolonged my patience anymore and so I just left her and our house." Hwayoung just silenced up. He can tell she doesn't want to say anything about her life. "Okay! You better take a rest now. The lady says you better take a rest for two to three day more."
 
"What? But I can't stay here like that without working for my self while I stay here."
 
"Don't worry. Let your husband do the job hunting and provide for us!"
 
"Huh? You're not my husband."
 
"Haven't we told her that we are newly weds?"
 
"Uh, but that's a lie and I can't let you bear me to your shoulder."
 
"Of course not. Just be a wife for me!"
 
"What do you mean?" that creeps out the woman and avert her body a little.
 
"Oi! I am talking about that thing! Well, what I want you to do was to prepare food for me and be a caring woman for her husband. Serve me as one."
 
"That's what you wanted?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Okay. Then I will."
 
Day after day, Hwayoung already get to adjusted to their set up. The old woman of the inn was seeing them as real couple. Hwayoung has been smiling truthfully to Myungsoo and it eases the man's worries about their real situation. A week had easily passed and they become closer. Hwayoung let Myungsoo slept beside her, but with care. Their second week had started, and Myungsoo knows that there was something building up inside him towards the woman inside their room and to save himself from committing and causing a sin he decided to asked for a new room.
 
"Why?"
 
"Huh? I have got enough money to pay for my own room. Don't worry, I already told the owner that we are having difficult times being in the same room, so for the time being I'm going to sleep separated from you."
 
"So, it means I have to get a work for my self then." and she did had find a job for herself.
 
Myungsoo was the first to went back at the inn and at least brings some flowers for Hwayoung for their play. The old woman was consistently seeing them as wonderful couple. Another week has to end and Hwayoung usually goes home late for she has to take two jobs in a day. This night, the lights in her bedroom was already open and she doesn't know why. When she entered the room, Myungsoo was sitting on her bed holding a bouquet of flowers and smiled at her awkwardly.
 
"What are you doing here?" she asked as she approached the man and took the flowers.
 
"I am really waiting for you. The old lady said that we better reconcile and start together as newly weds. Well, I can't blame her. We came here and gave her that kind of thoughts."
 
"Don't worry. I'll be the one to tell her that nothing's working out for now. Just don't mind what she says so much. In that case you won't be bothered about us as a couple." and she then turned her back to get some water on the vase, but then Myungsoo stopped her by groping her by her wrist. "Myungsoo..."
 
He then took the bouquet and put it down the bed. He holds her hands and looked at the woman seriously, "I think she's right."
 
"Uh?"
 
"Why don't we start living as a couple here?"
 
"W- what do you mean? We're both married."
 
"But here, we're the ones married to each other."
 
"Myungsoo."
 
"Look, Ryu Hwayoung. I know that's all that I know about you and so as why you were here, but I just thought, you wanted your revenge?"
 
"What are you talking about?"
 
"You were here and left your husband in the city and you're wishing or maybe you're thinking that he will search for you, right? But he's not here Hwayoung. He's not looking for you. He's not even calling you when you have your phone with you. We've been here for two weeks and you're still waiting. I just thought, we both have our needs. I need someone to be my wife and you wanted a man that will respect and love you as a husband. Hwayoung, I can be that man. You can be that woman. I am a husband and you are a wife an..."
 
"Are you saying that we should take this play a real one?"
 
"Y- yes." Hwayoung immediately pulled her hands from the man and tried to go, but she was being trapped now inside the latter's arms, "Please. Let's be honest to ourselves and take this chance. I decided to go back to the city after next week. Yet, I didn't get see that someone who can show me what having a woman was by my side, but you."
 
"Kim Myungsoo. You didn't know what you're talking about. Its a sin that you wanted to commit."
 
"I know!" he then turned Hwayoung to his face, "Believe me when I said I have never felt something like this before. I thought it was just a play or something just like that, but then when you started to treat me like your husband I already envied him and wanted you for myself."
 
"Is that the reason why you get a separate room?" Myungsoo nodded in shame, "Then why now? Why? Why are you telling me these things now?" tears are starting to run down her windows.
 
Myungsoo wipes it while holding her face constantly on his big and warm hands, "I know I am disgusting to think of, but Hwayoung what I am feeling is true. I won't ask you to leave your husband, but please give a chance to be your husband for one week. Be my wife. Be my wife please." he begged as he leaned his head towards the girl. "Even if it means revenge for you. Use me as your tool and be happy committing sin against him as he did it to you. Hwayoung, I am begging you." he slowly lift the woman's face and pull it closer carefully into his until their lips touched each other. It was just a peck and Myungsoo waited for any argument from the other party, but there's nothing. There he started the first night of their living as real couple.
 
He slowly put his kisses on her body that put fire in between them. Moans and groans are being freed from their lips as Myungsoo was readying the temple that's been cold for all those days their together. His touch can lit candle for the new days to come and close the door for the past to be remembered. They are giving those silent movement to keep their body burning in passion. When it times for it, Myungsoo spread her legs and positioned himself in between. Hwayoung pulled his head and speak softly.
 
"Its been a while..."
 
"Since when?"
 
"Almost a year." and he entered without noticed that made her arc her back, "Myungsoo..."
 
"Shh... yes its me..." he answered as he crawled on top of her causing friction with their body and gave both of them ride to pleasure of the sin that their committing. They lied on the bed embracing each other warmly, "Did I overdo it?"
 
"Should I be answering the question?"
 
"This is the start of us being as real husband and wife. Be ready. I have so many things I want to do with you. This is going to be our honeymoon."
 
"Are you sure about this?"
 
"I am. How about you?"
 
"I don't know. And I don't want to think about it either."
 
"Better. Because all you need to do was to think about me, Kim Myungsoo, your husband." he then pulled her face by her chin and kissed her.
 
The day started with such sweet whispers and endless charms between Hwayoung and Myungsoo. Every person who would see them can tell that they are really in love with each other. Myungsoo asked Hwayoung to dropped one job and spend the rest of the day with him. It doesn't cost a tear for him to ask for it as a favor. They stroll around the place and even displayed their affection to each other that made them an admirable couple in the town. On the second to the last day, Myungsoo decided to plan something for Hwayoung.
 
Someone told him that there was private island that a new found friend of him owned. He borrowed it for that certain day. He even asked the church priest to do a wedding ceremony for the two of them.
 
"Are you sure with this Myungsoo?"
 
"I am. So, be good. Okay?"
 
"But..."
 
"Shh..." he put his finger on her lips before kissing it it lightly, "Look at me. Since the first time I have asked you to be my wife until this very moment I am very sure of what I am doing. So, please discard all the negativity inside your head and just be one with me."
 
"I will." she smiled before pushing her head against the man. Many new friends and neighbors had attend the ceremony and celebrated at the reception. It was pure happiness for everyone until they come to that private island before the afternoon falls. They have reached the place within just 30 minutes using the yacht. At the island they enjoyed the view and the peace of the surroundings. They can never be happy more than this. "Myungsoo, thank you."
 
Myungsoo smiled and he then captured the woman by his arms and kissed her, "I supposed to be the one to say that. Because of you I know now what a wife should be. More than that, I know now what kind of man I wanted to be." he then kissed her forehead, "Thank you for giving me the opportunity to love you and be mine. I love you. I love you so much."
 
"Myungsoo." and they both kissed and they owned each other all night long and never let go. They still their body closed to each other and warmth the heart inside. Its a sin, yet it made them happy. Its a sin, but then it gave them the chance to love and be love.
 
The morning has come and they had back at the town. There they prepared their things to go. People send them away with goodlucks and many more messages for newly weds. At the station, their hands intertwined after they bought tickets for two back to the city. Inside the train, Hwayoung just leaned her head on Myungsoo's wide shoulder while the man just put his head upon her. They have only short time before they parted. They never talk. Their bodies are the only things that's making it clear, they wanted to stay together. They wanted to be together as always, but they can't.
 
When they have arrived at the destination, their hands was still holding each other. Tighter than before. Their breathe was getting heavy and their heart beats are getting fast. Every one was passing through them, yet they don't move an inch, until the alarm for six o'clock rang. They looked at each other. Once again, Myungsoo hold her hand tightly before leaning his head and kissed her, "Ryu Hwayoung... Ryu Hwayoung... Hwayoung... my Hwayoung..."
 
"Myungsoo..." she cried.
 
"No. Don't cry. Please don't. Listen to me. Listen to me carefully and always remember my words. This I tell you. No one. Not even your husband can get you away from me forever. When I have my chance, I promise you. I promise you and hold on to it, I'll find you. I'll find you and I will never let you go. I love you."
 
"I love you too."
 
"Hwayoung? Thi-" he was cut by her kissed and they both smiled tearfully to each other before letting go of each others hands. They turn around, back to back.
 
They walk further and further to each other without looking back. Ryu Hwayoung's tears cannot be hold back. Kim Myungsoo's pain cannot be deny. As they fade away from each pole of each side, there mind goes saying...
 
-I'll never forget you. I'll always think of you. I'll always believe I will find you. One day. One day, I will say and be proud about it, Ryu Hwayoung is my wife! I love you.- he said in his thought as he was holding the necklace hanging on him with the ring they used at the ceremony.
 
-I'll never forget your promise. I'll see to it. I'll wait for it. I'll always believe in it and live wishing for it. One day I will be your wife and you will be my lawfully wedded husband. I will always seek for that time to come. I love you, my Kim Myungsoo.- and she kissed the ring on her necklace.
 
Other one shot stories from the Author: