The Two of Us

The Two of Us

You had spent the day with Daesung, happy to see him again after such a long time. He had been away for the last two months In japan, on tour and though you kept in touch via phone calls, text messages and the like it never really was as good as having the real thing. You had been all over the city today, from ice skating, to going to the park to feeding ducks, to shopping - you’d done it all and you were definitely looking forward to spending the rest of the night cuddled up in his arms while watching the new Lego movie that had just come out. His insistence.

You had just shut the door behind yourself and were about to start getting things ready for the movie night when Daesung grabbed you by your shoulders and turned you around to face him.

“Don’t even think about it. Today is just about you so why don’t you take a nice, hot shower while I get everything ready, okay jagiya?” he asked you sweetly with that smile you adored so much on his face. You simply nodded, pecked his cheek and made your way to the bathroom.

As soon as you stepped underneath the hot streams of water you felt your muscles relax and the grime of the day wash off you. You thanked Daesung for suggesting a hot shower and for taking such good care of you today. You really had missed him while he was gone – you had even counted down the days until he would be back – and having him by your side again reminded you exactly why you had missed him.

You finished up your shower in little over half an hour which should definitely have given him more than enough time to set up the living room. You stepped out the shower and towelled yourself dry, however when you reached for you pyjamas you found a Doraemon onesie in their place. You shook your head bemused that Daesung had found them. In the beginning when you had started dating Daesung had always bought you these little gifts that were adorable but also incredibly cheesy since they were mostly couple stuff. You usually felt stupid wearing them so you would pretend to lose them after about a week. Of course Daesung knew what you had done so he would just get you another gift to replace the ‘lost’ one. It had gotten to the stage where you had couple themed everything. From cups and t shirts to more ridiculous stuff like coasters and trainers, sometimes you weren’t even sure where he got these things from.

The onesie he had placed there for you came with feet, basically making it a giant babygro. It was neon yellow while his was neon pink and both of them came with a giant picture of Doraemon on the front. You simply giggled as you put it on, wanting to play along with Daesung just for tonight. You walked out the bathroom and padded your way to the living room.

However the sight you came to face with was not one you were expecting. All the furniture had been moved to the side and in the middle of your living room stood a gigantic fort. The thing was nearly as tall as you and you were sure several people could fit inside of it comfortably. It seemed he had used pretty much every cushion and pillow in the house as well as a few duvets and blankets. To be honest you were kind of shocked at Daesung’s apparent architectural talent. You stood there for a while longer, rooted in your spot in complete amazement before Daesung poked his head out the fort and waved you inside with a grin plastered on his face.

You made your way towards the fort and crawled in before you stopped again, totally surprised at the sight before you. Daesung had somehow also managed to also decorate the interior while you had been showering. He had a couple of small flashlights upturned in the far corners of the fort so they gave the inside a nice hollow glow. There were bowls with crisps, chocolates, sweets and of course popcorn laid out which meant a lot to you since you had a sweet tooth but Daesung always ate healthy. There were bottles of soda with Doraemon cups lines up and two mugs with hot chocolate next to them. You were always extra happy when he pigged out with you. He had also gotten the laptop ready with the movie uploaded as well as couple of speakers; apparently today you would be in your own little cinema with surround sound system.

You looked over at Daesung with astonishment in your eyes. You really couldn’t believe he had done all this. He chuckled at your reaction and pecked you on the cheek before he patted the spot next to him. You crawled your way over to him before you snuggled into him as he covered you with a blanket and pressed the play button.

Just for the two of you.