Eternal Suffering

Eternally Yours

Reminiscing on the past is said to be dangerous as it brings back bittersweet memories. The past is something that should be forgotten and never touched once it is gone. It is a learning experience, but one should not dwell on it, as it clouds your mind on the future. But as for me, it is something that haunts me and will haunt me for all eternity.

There was once a time when I had two best friends named, Tiffany Hwang and Jessica Jung. They were the most beautiful girls I knew, and I was lucky to be in their presence. Ever since I can remember, I had always been in love with one of them, while the other was someone I deeply cared about. From the start, I had known that they were both in love with me. It tore me apart. While it was true that I knew who I loved, I could not bring myself to hurt the other. I cared for them equally, the only difference was I loved one more than the other.

Having grown up with both of them, I know their personalities in and out. One was more selfish than the other, but one was also more vulnerable. One was honest and frank, while the other was cold and calculating. They each had their charm, but they also had their flaws. Neither one of them is perfect, but they are lovable nonetheless.

Ever since I can remember, Tiffany had always been the selfish one of the two. She would stop at nothing in order to get what she wants, and she always did obtain it. She was always honest with her feelings and thoughts, never giving what she says much thought, causing her to fall into trouble. Regardless of the stake and the price she must pay for stating her honest opinion, she would stay true to herself and speak her mind. Therefore, I had taken it upon myself to watch over and protect her in order to make sure she does not endanger herself.

Jessica, on the other hand, is more cold and calculating. I guess you could call her judgmental, but she is not one to share her thoughts with you. Jessica is the type of girl that keeps you guessing and will never tell you exactly what she thinks about you. She would rather put up a cold front and let you sink into paranoia as she thinks it is the most effortless and effective punishment. But through her cold exterior, is but a lonely girl begging to be loved. Jessica wants nothing more than to have someone love and care for her, and take care of her fragile heart.

These two girls are the center of my life. Without them, I would be nothing; I would have no purpose or meaning. I live to serve and love these girls, and my sole purpose for living is to ensure their happiness is attained.

Several years ago, the three of us were as close as friends could be. We loved and cared for each other equally, particularly Jessica and Tiffany. They would always look out for one another and lend a helping hand whenever the other person needed it. In short, they heavily relied on one another. They shared a beautiful friendship that could never be severed. That is, until the day they found out they were in love with the same person.

That day marked the end of that once cherished and beautiful friendship. That was the day the girls who were the best of friends became bitter enemies. Being the object of their bickering, I was trapped in the middle. I did not know how to handle such a situation since neither of them had ever expressed such passion and want for something. At least, Jessica never did. Whenever she developed feelings for an individual, she had a tendency of keeping it to herself or never acting on them. But that was not the case this time. It seemed more personal for both of them since I had always been the one that knew them as well, if not better than they knew themselves.

The three of us could feel it; that strong connection that binds us all together. But for some reason, I felt a stronger connection with one of them. It was a bond I could not explain. Each day, that connection grew stronger and stronger, and I was almost certain that she could feel it as well. But she never had. She had always remained clueless to my feelings and I never acted on them as I was certain it would not end well.

Overtime, one of them began to sense my feelings for the other and soon became jealous. She confronted me and the hurt I saw in her eyes was something I could not even begin to describe. Her heart was aching and I wanted nothing more than to ease that pain, but I was unable to. I was powerless to do anything and all I could offer was to hold her in my embrace and whisper the words: “I’m sorry,” in her ear.

I knew that this alone would never be able to compensate for the pain I had caused her, and I dared to ask the grieving girl how I could help her through her pain. She shot me a sly smirk and whispered something in my ear. The words she whispered that day were still echoing in my ears. I could never forget those words because those were the words that marked the first day of my eternal suffering. That day was the day that Taeyeon Kim was forced to turn her back on herself along with the woman she loved.

 


A/N: Hey guys! Here's your update. Sorry that it's so short. I will keep working on this once I don't have so much homework. :) I'll see you guys again on my next update. Keep an eye out for it. And please comment, upvote, and subscribe if you haven't already. And please share your thoughts with me because they are helpful to me to know how I'm doing. ^^ I love you all and please continue to support. (_ _)