Jan

Was it really only happiness for us?

Jan 1st, 2015

Someone was yelling in his ear. He didn’t care who it was but he felt a sudden urge to punch a certain teddy bear. Groaning, he pushed the face away from his ear and yelled back.

“I’m awake! Damn. Now would you be so kind and shut up?”

Sunggyu grunted when the younger’s hand roughly connected with his jaw. He had no time for this. Although he would have usually scolded the boy for his language, he was in a hurry this time. Grabbing Sungjong’s ear, he pulled on it and let out a good scream.

“Sungyeol’s gone missing!”

Sungjong whined and then snorted, lifting the covers above his head. “Yeah, that’s the third time this week. I’m not falling for it this time.”

“I’m serious this time. He’s gone without a word. Without a word. The rest of the members are calling friends who might know his whereabouts and Hoya is out searching nearby places.”

The information slowly processed through his head. Sunggyu sounded dead serious. He immediately sat up and kicked off his blanket.

“So you guys still have nothing concrete?”

The leader shook his head with a frown. Helping him down from the bunk bed, the brunet led him to the living room. The members were seated around the small coffee table, each busy talking on their phones, the couch left forgotten. Taking a seat next to Woohyun, he mouthed, “Is that Niel?”

The older gave a curt nod before returning to his phone. Sungjong didn’t know what to do so he decided on filling his stomach in preparation for whatever they would be doing. He wasn’t actually even hungry. Sungyeol’s absence being the main cause.

“No one knows!” Woohyun yelled out of nowhere, slightly startling Sungjong. The older slumped against the cushion of the sofa and rubbed his face with a low groan.

Dongwoo put down his phone, giving Sungjong the look.

The four of them sat down in silence. No one knowing what to say.

“He could just be out in the mart though.” Sungjong hopefully suggested.

“It’s been two hours.” Sunggyu responded with his eyes closed and hands gripping on each other tightly.

“And you woke me up just now?” He asked with a brow raised.

“I wanted to make sure. I didn’t want to see you panic needlessly.”

“So it’s fine if the other’s panic?” Sungjong gestured at the other two.

“To you… he means much more to you.”

Sungjong rolled his eyes but knew the older was right. He definitely would’ve panicked if he had spent two hours without any news on Sungyeol. Right now though, he was surprisingly calm about the whole situation.

“So Hoya hyung spent two hours outside, searching?” The room fell into silence which he took as a yes. “Isn’t it okay even if he comes back? I mean, I think he probably searched the whole neighborhood by now.”

“I’ll text him.”

Sunggyu quickly texted the dancer. Right when he finished sending the message, he heard the door click open. Curious and hopeful, the four members stopped their movements and turned to the door. Sungjong’s face fell when the one stepping inside was none other than their visual.

Sunggyu tried hard to hide a smile at the sight of Myungsoo. He was glad the other was looking a lot better compared to the time on the webcam. He was still mad at the younger though, and he wasn’t planning on sugarcoating things. “Myungsoo? Where were you all this time?!”

“I’m not up for anyone’s right now so just shut up.” Myungsoo coldly replied, staring soullessly in front of him.

Everyone stood frozen and stared at the boy.

“Where’s Hoya?”

Woohyun was the first to snap out of it and replied, not forgetting to add in a bit of attitude. “While you were out doing your business, Sungyeol went missing. Hoya is out searching for him.”

Myungsoo’s face went from one of indifference to confusion. His eyes darted around, seemingly looking for something; he seemed to be deep in thought. Grabbing out his phone from the back of his pocket, the visual ran out through the door.  

“.”

Sunggyu slapped the back of Sungjong’s head. Even though he knew that Myungsoo truly was acting like one, he felt like everything had its reasons. Deep inside, he knew it was just his biased heart clouding his reasoning but, he decided not to dwell on that.

“So what should we do?” Woohyun asked, fingers scrolling through his list of contacts.

“First we wait for Hoya to get here. Then we will split up to search for Sungyeol. Sungjong, you stay here while Hoya and I look through other neighborhoods. Woohyun and Dongwoo, look once more around here.”

“What? Why can’t I help you search for him?” Sungjong frowned. He hated the thought of staying home, not being able to help.

“Because you know more people that are also friends with Sungyeol than us. So, use that knowledge and keep checking. It doesn’t even have to be his friends. Call anyone who might’ve seen him. I am not going to change my decision no matter what you say so stop acting like a child.”

Sungjong pouted but said nothing more.

Sunggyu prepared himself to go out, knowing that the discussion had finished. Hearing the jingling of keys in front of the door, he ran to greet the dancer. Hoya came in with his hand resting on his knees whilst panting. His shirt was soaked with sweat, his hair also dripping with it. Nonetheless, there was still work to be done.

“I’m sorry to say this but, your job’s still not done.”

“Huh?” Hoya lifted his head up dumbly at the statement.

“We’re going to drive around for whatever info we can find on Sungyeol.”

Before Hoya could even say a word, Sunggyu dragged the boy by his arm to their manager’s car. Hoya didn’t seem to protest or try to pry away from his grip, thankfully. Settling in the car, Hoya began bombarding the leader with a bunch of questions.

“Where are we going? Why do I have to go? Did you guys find Sung-“

“I don’t know. Because I didn’t want Sungjong on the streets, desperately looking for his loved one. And… no.”

“Then… we’re just gonna search aimlessly?”

“We don’t really have a choice.”

Sunggyu sighed. Hands on the wheel, the older drove with no actual location in mind.

 

They were back in their car after a few hours of searching. They had searched everywhere. Sungyeol’s favorite food stalls, arcades, parks and many other places where the boy liked to go.

Every place they checked off their list, the more the thought sank into them. Something had happened to Sungyeol.

Sunggyu entered in panic and tried to calm himself down. It was useless to panic and although he knew that, a terrible thought clouded his mind. Remembering about the other pair that was also searching, he wondered if they had any progress.

“Hoya, call Woohyun for me. It seems like I forgot my phone.”

“Sure.”

Hoya slid his finger, looking through his contacts when he received a notification of a message. Scanning the sender’s name, he immediately slowly turned his phone so that Sunggyu wouldn’t be able to read the message. His clicked his tongue at the content but did as he was ordered to.

“What’s taking you so long?”

Hoya almost jumped when Sunggyu leaned over closer to him, to see his screen. Pressing the send button, he went to the home screen. He replied with the most nonchalant voice he could manage at that moment.

“Oh, right. Wait a sec.”

“No, I can’t wait a second. Sungyeol could be in danger right now for all I know. We can’t be here leisurely wasting our ti-” Hoya shoved his phone in the older’s face, not waiting for the other to finish. “Lee Ho-“

“Hello?” A voice echoed from phone.

“-won! Woohyun?”

“Sunggyu? Did you find Sungyeol?”

“No. And by the looks of it, you haven’t found him either, huh.”

“Something… has happened to Sungyeol, right?”

“Probably…”

“Do you think he was kidnapped?” Sunggyu looked at Hoya, clearly alarmed at the possibility. “I mean, it’s unlikely that he suffered an accident judging by the fact that the hospital didn’t call anyone to tell us.”

Kkatolk

JJongie

‘Why aren’t you here?’

“Anyways, let’s go back to the dorms for now. We’ll talk more later.”

Ending the call, Sunggyu passed the phone back to Hoya, who snatched away the phone as quickly as possible. The older paid no attention to it. Grabbing the keys, he was about to turn it when Hoya suddenly grabbed his arm, stopping him.

“Sungjong texted me saying that he found Sungyeol! Sungyeol’s in danger!”

Phone once again into his face, his eyes blurred a little but he managed to read an address. Starting the engine, Sunggyu stepped on the pedal, heading towards his destination at full speed.

 

Nearing the location, Sunggyu noticed that the rest of the members were crowded in front of a warehouse. The place was abandoned, judging by the fact that there weren’t any people anywhere.  He and Hoya got out of the car, joining the others.

“Hurry up hyung! Sungyeol hyung could be dying right now!” Sungjong yelled out in frustration. No one blamed the younger’s temper.

Woohyun raised his arms above his head, holding a pointy rock with both his hands. He slammed it down on the lock in front of it, letting it bounce on the floor, broken. Sungjong pushed himself in front of the large door, using all his strength to slide it open, slipping inside as soon as a space big enough for him opened up.

“Wait Sungjong!”

The boy ignored Woohyun and dashed straight ahead, not caring about whatever dangers could be in store for him. Grunting, the members finished the half finished job on the door and followed the youngest.

Sungjong couldn’t calm his breath down. Looking around every corner of the warehouse, he started feeling throughout his whole body, every thump of his heart.  

It was the fifth right corner.

Sungyeol was tied onto a chair, eyes boring holes on the ground.

“Hyung?”

Hearing his voice, the other’s head instantly shot up excitedly. It slightly drooped back down when Sungyeol recognized his face. Even though it irked him, Sungjong pushed the feeling away.

“Everyone, he’s here!”

Hearing that, Sungyeol looked straight through him expectantly. Woohyun and Sunggyu were the first to arrive, Dongwoo and Hoya right behind their tails.

“Sungyeol! Are you okay? What happened?!” Sunggyu asked as the youngest was already crouched down, untying the ropes.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” Sungyeol asked in a shaky whisper.

The members replied with nothing at the question. All of them had momentarily forgotten about the visual.

“He didn’t care.” Sungjong said coldly. He knew he had all the reason to be mad at Myungsoo but, he couldn’t help but feel that his emotions were all connected to one: jealousy.

The rope fell to the ground letting Sungyeol stand up. Sungyeol paid no heed to some of the member’s naggings and legs wobbling, he headed towards the exit.

Sungjong wanted to hug the taller and help him walk but his pride stopped him. If Sungyeol was going to treat him like that, he wasn’t going to flatter the other. He was worth more than that. Sunggyu hyung was already catching up with the jerk anyway.

“Sungjong, how did you even find out where Sungyeol was?”

Sungjong blinked and found Woohyun behind him, eyebrows raised.

“Oh, Hoya hyung actually was the one who found him.” Sungjong faced the said dancer who was following their leader, holding hands with Dongwoo. Now that Woohyun had mentioned it, he wondered about the same thing.

 


 

 Jan 10th, 2015

It had been a week since the incident with Sungyeol. The company decided to keep quiet about it since they didn’t know and had no clue about the suspect. The members objected to it at first but since the victim himself didn’t really care, they dropped it.

Speaking of the victim, Sungyeol looked half dead ever since the incident. Thankfully they had already finished their promotions. Variety and radio shows were the only thing they had on their schedules. On shows, Sungyeol seemed to return to his usual self but reverted back to being gloomy when they were alone.

The members left him alone at first, thinking it had to do with the almost traumatizing experience but it became worse as each day passed. Myungsoo was the only one who could lift the other’s mood but the visual didn’t seem to be interested in the idea.

Myungsoo was worse. He avoided staying in the same room with any of the members and barely talked to them. Even when they tried talking to him, he wouldn’t reply and even if he did, it would be with a sigh or movements with his head.

In other words, the mood in the dorm was heavy.

Lying on the couch, Sunggyu had his head resting on Woohyun’s lap. He felt strangely content with the other’s hand on his head, petting it. The happiness lasted only for so long when his eyes caught Myungsoo walking out from the bathroom. The younger was all dressed to go out.

“Where are you going?”

Myungsoo stopped in his tracks and stared at the two. Sunggyu fidgeted under his gaze, uncomfortable. Removing Woohyun’s hand from his hair, he got up, not seeing a frown forming on the other’s face. Myungsoo shook his head in what seemed like disapproval and continued on his way to the door.

“Friend.”

The door closed with a thud leaving the pair with silence. Sunggyu huffed and fell back on Woohyun’s lap. He didn’t expect to be pushed away and fell down on the floor. Woohyun stood up and walked away to his own room. Sunggyu stayed laying on the ground- half his body still on the couch- not bothering to get up. Everything was becoming a mess. Everyone had their own problems and even though he was Infinte’s leader, he was useless.

 


 

Jan 15th, 2015

Dongwoo exploded in a laughing fit at the sight of Hoya dancing to girl group songs. Hoya’s well-built figure along with his ‘manliness’ didn’t help at all.

Seeing that he was feeling a bit down by the dorm’s mood, Hoya had been sticking by his side every single second when possible. Dongwoo was honestly grateful to have such a good friend like Hoya. Hoya understood what kind of songs he liked, when he was feeling down, when he was faking things, what made him happy and many other things. It sort of made him wonder what it would’ve been like if his heart had thumped for Hoya. The thought amused him but he guessed it would’ve been the same way because Hoya probably wasn’t interested in guys.

Either way, he doesn’t regret falling for their visual. Of course right now, like everyone has noticed, Myungsoo changed. Myungsoo is now L. The only thing is that it doesn’t seem like Myungsoo is going to come back soon. Yet, he still doesn’t regret it because behind L there always will be Myungsoo.

 


 

Jan 23rd, 2015

Sungjong’s fingers dug deep into his palm, forming a fist. He took a deep breath.

Sungyeol was just being a plain now. It had been two weeks since the incident and his attitude hasn’t changed one bit. Actually, he was acting a lot more like Myungsoo and that meant being a total .

All the members were in the dorm since they had no work. Sunggyu and Woohyun were both hogging the TV while Dongwoo and Hoya were goofing around with each other. Myungsoo was locked inside Sungjong’s room ignoring everyone. Surprisingly, he had asked him if he could borrow the younger’s room- to which he begrudgingly agreed.

He and Sungyeol were in Sungyeol’s room. Sungyeol lied under the covers, sulking because Myungsoo wouldn’t talk to him. He rejected any word that came out of Sungjong’s mouth, calling him an idiot.

It was when Sungyeol called him a jealous idiot.

That was it.

“Yeah, so what if I’m a jealous idiot? At least I don’t lie around all day moping around because senpai doesn’t notice me. Grow the up! Grow some balls and confess or something instead of being a big and causing everyone to worry about you!”

Sungjong slumped onto the floor, all energy lost. He felt refreshed.

“He hates me.” Sungyeol replied, voice muffled by a pillow.

Sungjong rolled his eyes. “If only you could see some of the gifs.”

“He hates me.” Sungyeol repeated more quietly than before.

Sungjong wanted to slap the other in the face. He wasn’t in the mood for love counseling his crush.

“He hates me.”

“And how do you know that?” Sungjong replied in pure frustration.

“Because he ordered her.”

The younger’s eyebrows formed a crease.

“Who ordered what?”

Instead of replying with words, the other replied with snores.

 


 

Jan 31st, 2015

Sunggyu grabbed the warm cup of milk from the microwave and headed towards the couch. It was nearing midnight yet he was nowhere near sleepy. Thinking that some milk and an hour of a documentary would bring him to sleep, he brought his blankets along with his pillow.

All comfortable on the couch he the TV, turning down the volume to zero as fast as he could. He then brought the volume up to five. He was surfing through the channels when he heard footsteps coming near the living room. The figure appeared in the hallway only as a shadow thanks to the dark. Sunggyu still was able to recognize the figure anyway.

“Woohyun? What are you doing awake?”

“Same goes to you.” Woohyun answered chuckling. “Still can’t sleep without milk I see.”

Sunggyu made a face at the comment but decided to let it pass. Lifting himself up into a sitting position, he pointed to the empty seat to his left. “Wanna watch together?”

“Eleven fifty.” Woohyun said.

“Since when were you the one to sleep on time? You always used to keep me awake all night.” Woohyun made a suggestive face to which made the older laugh. “Oh, shut up!”

Woohyun smiled, taking a seat. It turned to a grin when he felt Sunggyu’s weight leaning on his arm. Sunggyu had stopped on a documentary channel talking about how some animals die after reproducing. It wasn’t something that interested them.

“Hey.” Sunggyu said, head falling to Woohyun’s shoulder.

“What?” He replied as nonchalantly as he could.

“Have you ever fallen in love?” The other asked, watching a drone dying after mating the queen.

Woohyun felt himself freeze. Even though he hadn’t gotten an idea of where this conversation was heading he calmed himself down. “Yeah… I have.”

“Have… then not anymore?”

“Y-Yeah.” He answered laughing as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Then you must have fallen out of love.” Sunggyu stated, his eyes staying glued to the TV screen.

“I-I guess?” Even in his ears he was starting to sound awkward.

“Then can you teach me how you fall out of love?”

The clock hanging above them let out a familiar noisy bird.

 

---

A/N: I am absolutely sorry!

So because my writing is sort of crappy I have a hard time writing chapters. I'm sort of a perfectionist but I know it's no excuse.

I hope you enjoy it!!! 

(Criticism is always welcome no matter how harsh it is)