Dec

Was it really only happiness for us?

December 25th, 2014

Christmas.

It was that time of the year when Infinte would finally have a day off for themselves.

Woohyun smiled as he watched his fellow members tackle each other down playfully. Hoya and Dongwoo were gobbling down the cake, earning complaints from their leader. Sungyeol was chucking pillows at the youngest, who had a mixed look of annoyance and happiness. It was a sight he found pleasant, as odd as it sounded. It had been a busy year for all of them with all their constant comebacks and appearances on variety shows. These moments where they could lay back and be themselves were relaxing.

“It would’ve been better if Myungsoo were here.”

They had recently just been to Japan for some concert, but their visual had to stay there for he had other matters to attend to. Some of the members had sulked a little at the fact that they wouldn’t be spending Christmas as a whole but knowing that was what they had signed up for, they returned to Korea without any complaints. He was to come tomorrow, but it still didn’t change the fact that they wouldn’t party all together.

Sunggyu who had given up on stopping the hip hop duo, lay collapsed on the couch. Woohyun didn’t let this chance to be alone with the older slip and took a seat next to him. They stayed in silence for a few minutes, observing the other members in amusement. Woohyun always found the other to be a comfortable presence. He didn’t feel the need to come up with meaningless small talk like when he hung out with other people. Of course, he was still a chatter box near Sunggyu but that was only because he was a naturally talkative person.

Woohyun secretly took out a small box from his front pocket and slipped it behind his back. “Hey, I kind of bought something for you.”

Sunggyu turned his head to face him, a brow also being lifted. “What’s the occasion- oh right, it’s Christmas.” His face then became apologetic as he frowned. “I don’t have anything for you though.”

“It’s fine. My presents not that big of a thing. Here you go,” Sliding the present from behind, in to the other’s hands; he began grinning in anticipation of a good reaction.

The older couldn’t hide a smile at the small box that was upon his hands. The box was a simple red with a green ribbon glued to the top. Opening it up, his face fell, mostly in confusion. Inside the box was small pink ribbon. Lifting his head for an explanation, he instead faced a nervous and slightly red Woohyun. “Care to explain?”

Woohyun was biting his lips so hard; he swore that they were bound to bleed in any second. His hand slowly heading for the pink ribbon, he placed it on his head. Giving the other a flirty wink, he formed a heart with his hands. “I decided to give you my heart!”

In under a few seconds, Sunggyu had exploded in laughter. Although Woohyun was glad that the older had enjoyed it, he admit that it did hurt to see that his confessions would never be taken seriously. Yeah, he had a crush on a fellow band member. It wasn’t that hard to hide it from the members. Whenever anyone questioned about the lingering touches or gazes towards the leader, he played it off as fan service. But as if the whole crush thingy wasn’t as bad as it was, his crush already had someone he liked. Their visual, Kim Myungsoo. He had only started noticing it, at the start of the year. During interviews, Sunggyu would smile happily whenever Myungsoo started speaking, the unnecessary exchanges of shy glances and the famous eskimo kiss on ‘This is Infinite’. It was actually that moment when he realized that Sungyeol and Sungjong also saw the visual as something more than friends. If he wasn’t occupied that moment in hiding his own jealously, he would’ve laughed at both of their expressions.

“Woohyun ah, the others are calling us.”  Sunggyu grabbed his hand and started pulling him towards the other members. Woohyun stared intently at the strong grip on his hand and couldn’t help but grin at the warmth. Though it immediately disappeared when Sunggyu let go, to join the others on the couch.

“So what are we doing now?” Woohyun asked the members who seemed to be huddled around a laptop.

“My best friend is spending his Christmas alone in Japan. Of course I, as the best, best friend he could have, am video calling him.” Sungyeol glared at some of the member’s limbs that were invading his comfort area (most of them belonging to Dongwoo).

Woohyun felt himself feel a bit upset at how Sunggyu’s face had lightened up a thousand watts at just the tiniest mention of Myungsoo. Taking a seat on the floor- infront of Sunggyu of course- he rested his head in between the leader’s legs.

“So we’ll all be saying Merry Christmas the moment it connects alright?” Sungyeol pulled himself off the couch and ordered them to huddle together even more. Once everyone’s faces fit in the screen, they stared intently at the screen in wait for a familiar face to greet them.

“Dude, can’t we just take turns to greet him? My back hurts from leaning forward too much.” Hoya pulled back, cracking his neck and sank his back in to the couch.

“Why isn’t he answering?” Dongwoo sighed loudly and fell back in to his partner’s arms with a pout. Woohyun raised an eye at the smile Hoya was trying hard but failing to hide.

“He might be sleeping I guess. It is getting closer to midnight and he’s a pretty sleepy person.” Sungjong suggested apparently not that enthusiastic about the video call, compared to the others.

“Look, he answered!” Sungyeol shushed all the members and looked like a child that apparently received the best present for Christmas.

The screen was pitch black. You could hear sounds of someone moving, but it was impossible to tell what was happening. A few more movements later, the screen was now too bright and showed nothing but white. It took the camera a few moments to adjust before a face was revealed.

“Jungryul hyung? Where’s Myungsoo?” Sungyeol asked worried, several scenarios coming to mind of why his best friend couldn’t answer the phone.

“Uh…” It was obvious to anybody who was watching. The manager looked clearly distressed. “He should be sleeping but I think he’ll be glad to see you guys.”

The screen was once again enveloped in to the same darkness as before. It didn’t take long before a face was shoved on to the screen. It was hard to tell who it was, if not for the context, when a light, dimly lit up the room.

“What the ?” Sungjong said making the leader instinctively glare at him.

Myungsoo looked terrible. Dark circles covered his eyes, his face was ghostly pale and his hair looked like it was left unwashed for days. Groaning, Myungsoo rubbed his eyes before opening and noticing that he was being watched. The reaction was instant. He seemed to have tackled the manager to the floor, judging by the loud thump.

“The ?! Who the hell do you think you are, answering for me?!”

The infinite members were a bit shocked at the way the usually dorky visual was behaving.

“They wanted to talk to you!” They heard Jungryul say, trying to reason with him.

“Well, I don’t want to see them! Now turn that off and off!”

The call ended. The infinite members continued to look at the screen still in a daze. Of course they all had their stressful days and vented it out on the people around but, it was a rare sight to see any of them look that… stressed out.

“What... happened to him?” Hoya asked, bringing the members out of their daze. “He looked half dead.”

“Maybe someone he knew, passed away?” Woohyun suggested. Even if Myungsoo was his love rival, he was still his fellow band mate and a good dongsaeng.

“He never showed that kind of expression to me.”

Sungjong looked at Sungyeol, perturbed. The other showed a genuinely sorrowful expression, but the younger felt like it was for a completely different matter.

“Whatever happened, it doesn’t seem like sitting around here will change anything. Let’s get some good ol’ sleep and then tomorrow morning we will discuss.” Sunggyu dismissed the others and headed towards his room. Myungsoo’s behavior was obviously on his mind but he knew better than wasting time sharing theories with the others.

Lying back on the bed, his thoughts began to revolve around Myungsoo. He knew it was obvious about his small crush on the other. He also knew that most of the members knew about it. The one thing he didn’t know was whether the person in question knew. Myungsoo reciprocated his affections but he couldn’t tell if the guy knew. The guy’s mind was a complete mystery.

He hearing the door creak open, he figured it was Sungyeol. He heard footsteps on the ladder and heard the cushion above him, sink. His eyelids began growing heavy but Sungyeol’s words prevented him from slipping in to his dreams.

“Hey hyung, are you sleeping?”

“Not anymore.” Sunggyu mumbled, although he already gave up trying to keep his eyes open. He was so tired; he didn’t even question the silence.

“Do you think Myungsoo will become like that if I die?”

 


 

December 31st 

 

Sunggyu slapped himself awake when he heard his alarm ring. Despite being tired, knowing that in just a few minutes Myungsoo would arrive, gave him the energy to get out of bed. After a quick wash up, he was about to wake up his roommate, only to find no one. He guessed Sungyeol had thought the same way as him.

Leaving the room, he entered the kitchen and was surprised to find most of the members already eating. Grabbing a box of cheerios, he took a seat next to Woohyun. “What time did you guys even get up at?”

“I woke up at the sound of someone opening and closing our front door.” Sungjong somehow managed to respond, even with his mouth full of food.

“Myungsoo left.” Dongwoo said out of the blue, confusing Sunggyu. “And you didn’t wake me up!” He continued as he pointed at his roommate.

“He told me he was going to meet someone.” Hoya responded quietly. He looked disturbed and that worried but the older decided to confront the other when they were alone.

“He looked like he was in a rush. He didn’t even greet me.” Woohyun jumped a little when Sungyeol started mumbling to himself, his gaze glued to the table. He was going to pretend he didn’t hear that.

“Did you hear us?” Hoya suddenly asked in a rather interrogative way. “What were you even doing awake?”

“I couldn’t sleep so I tried the sofa and no, I didn’t hear anything.”

Hoya let out a deep sigh in relief. Taking out his phone, he checked the time. He was running late. He got up and took his plate to the sink. “Can someone clean my plate for me? I have to go out and meet someone right now.”

“Alright. What time will you be coming back?” Sunggyu asked, wondering if they would be eating dinner without him.

“You don’t need to prepare anything for me.” Hoya answered, already outside the front door. “And Myungsoo!”

‘What’s with him?’ They all thought to themselves. The fact that he had responded for Myungsoo was pretty unusual. Hoya and Myungsoo were of course good friends, however, they weren’t the closest of friends.

“Since we have nothing to do… movies?” Sunggyu suggested.

“I guess, since Myungsoo’s not here anyways.” Sungyeol responded, taking their dishes and placing them in the sink. “Today’s Sungjong’s turn to clean!”

Sungjong rolled his eyes and gestured for them to hurry out of the kitchen. Dongwoo laughed, making a run for the TV. He prevented the others from looking at the screen. When Sungjong had finished washing the dishes and joined them on the couch, he proudly the TV. Sungyeol and Woohyun groaned right away, earning some snickers.

It was ‘Hi! School Love On’.

The both of them cringed at the appearance of any sort of corny scene. It was mortifying enough, when they were filming the scenes. Now, it was plain horrifying to watch them spout cheesy crap.Time passed slowly for them but thankfully, the sun eventually set. Dinner was resolved quickly with Jjajangmyun. The drama was starting to tire them out. One by one they started getting up and going to their own rooms.

The dorm was quiet, leaving Dongwoo to guess that everybody must have been sleeping. He faced the ceiling as his thoughts jumbled his head. Something had been Myungsoo and he couldn’t be there to help him. He even had prepared to welcome the other by showering him with affection but Myungsoo relied on Hoya. It was obvious that Hoya had gone to meet the visual and he didn’t like it. Hoya didn’t even like Myungsoo so why couldn’t he have been the one hanging out with him?

The sound of the front door unlocking interrupted his thoughts. He turned to his side. He was mad at Hoya. It didn’t matter if the way he was acting was childish or not. He pouted and lulled himself to sleep.

A figure silently made its way towards the leader and choding’s shared room. Making sure to avoid making any noises, it crawled across the floor towards the occupied bunk bed. It froze when it heard the one sleeping on the bottom stir from his sleep.

“Myungsoo? Is that you?” Sunggyu croaked, his body facing a wall.

The figure faked a deep voice and gave a curt affirmation. Hearing no noises from the leader, it grabbed a rag with chloroform and put it to Sungyeol’s nose. With a lot of difficulty, it managed to carry the 183cm childlike adult. Staggering out the room, it headed out the front door.

---

A/N: Every chapter will be a month and the final chapter will be about December

Will be posting January soon~ :^)

If there are any mistakes, please point them out to me. (Plot holes count too)