Chapter 4

My True Love

 

"Now don't forget to smile onstage and especially the dancesteps and lyrics," said Chorong. She gave Naeun a stern look when she emphasized on the par of not forgetting the dance steps. Naeun just nodded in agreement because lately she had been distracted and keeps messing up onstage. All the other Apink members acknowledged Chorong and started warming their voices. Naeun was still thinking about the incident earlier and couldn't help but blush. She took a deep breath and shut her eyes to calm herself down. "Snap out of it Naeun. Think of happy thoughts." She said to herself. Naeun imagined little rabbits in a flower garden and that made her feel better. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder which made her turn around.

"We're on next. Prepare yourself," Bomi stated while smiling sweetly.

Naeun nodded and made a quick run to the dressing table for last minute touch ups. After touching up and a few deep breaths, Naeun held hands with Bomi and together they went out ready to face the audience.

 

"Dude did you see who's on next?" Jonghyun nudge Taemin with a sly grin on his face.

"No why?" Taemin replied. The other SHINee members turned to listen in to their convo as well.

"It's Taemin's favourite Apink!" Jonghyun stated while flapping his hands around. As soon as Taemin heard what Jonghyun said, he didn't know why but he soon found himself making his way to the television at the front of the room and stared at the MC's who were introducing the next performers. Taemin's actions made Jonghyun laugh in glee. Suddenly the door clicked open and there stood three of the SNSD members, Tiffany, Jessica and Yoona. As soon as Yoona entered the dressing room the first person she looked for would always be Taemin but to her disappointment Taemin didnt notice her as he was staring hard at the television. Yoona went straight to Taemin hopig for some attention but to her dismay she didn't receive any.

"What are you looking at?" Silence. All of a sudden Apink appeared on the screen and Taemin unconsciously smiled. Yoona starts to feel uncomfortable with how Taemin smiles whenever Naeun appeared on the screen. At that moment, Yoona suspected that mabye Taemin has feelings towards Naeun even before the program 'WGM' started. While Yoona was busy trying to get Taemin's attention somehow Tiffany and Jessica was busy laughing and chatting with the rest of the SHINee members. Yoona couldnt help but feel jealous as she was never really cloe to anyone else in SHINee except for Taemin. Even though she is the face of SNSD and declared one of the most prettiest girls in the K-pop world, Jessica and Tiffany seems to have more fans and idol friends due to thier outgoing nature. They even capture more hearts of male and female idols too.

 "Why can't I attract more people like them?" Yoona said to herself quietly. Yoona's thought was quickly erased as she saw that Apink just finished their performance. Taemin stood up as soon as the performance ended as it was going to be SHINee's turn to perform soon. The members start to warm up their oices and do some stretches to loosen up their body. Yoona always made sure that she gets to wish Taemin good luck before any of his stages. Tiffany and Jessica just watched Yoona pitifully from afar. 

"Alright let's do this guys!" said Onew cheerfully.

Yoona wished Taemin good luck which then she received a cute smile in return which made Yoona's heart flutter.

 

Back in Apink's dressing room, the tired Apink members were sitting down and cooling off after their performance earlier. 

"Hey Naeun, we're heading to the drink stall wanna come?" asked Hayoung.

Naeun shook her head as she wanted to rest a little more. The members took their leave to the drink stall with a tired Naeun on the verge of taking a power nap when suddenly the television flashes the image of the SHINee members as they were the next performers. That caught Naeun's attention as she immediately felt refreshed. Naeun watched the performance with full attention and giggled uncontrollably to herself whenever Taemin's face appeared on the screen. What she didnt realise was that Hayoung didnt close the door properly and that there was a gap. In that gap was a pair of angry eyes that was observing Naeun since the start of SHINee's performance. It belonged to none other than Yoona who coincedentally saw Apink's dressing room while walking on the way to the restroom.

Yoona didn't come to the conclusion whereby that there would be chances that Naeun falls for her precious Taemin. She felt stupid for not thinking so. No matter. Yoona has some pretty good connections and she would does everything to make sure that the show doesn't go on air. She knew that once it goes on air, fans would love the couple as they both had the innocent and pure image. That would make it harder for Yoona to be in the picture. Just then, she hears footsteps approaching. The Apink members were slowly returning to their dressing room and Yoona has to leave fast. Yoona starts to make her way back and tried to look as normal as possible

"Oh great work today senior," said the Apink members when they saw Yoona along the hallway.

Yoona flashed the biggest smile she could to them before making her way back.