Part 2 [ 2/2 ]

Can I Be The One?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month had already passed and everyone got used to the fact that Jongin and Luhan isn’t a couple anymore and Luhan loves to hang out with Jinki or always at the phone to talk to him even though they are staying at one building.

 

“What do you want, hyung?” Joonmyeon asked Luhan who were busy looking at his food.

“H-huh?” Luhan stuttered when he heard Jongin’s phone rang.

 

“Oh sorry guys…” Jongin stand up and answered his phone. Luhan can’t help but to look at the young man who sits across him.

 

“Luhan!!!” Luhan looked at Kris when he heard the blond calling him. “You’re spacing out again…”

“Oh sorry… I was just… thinking of something…” Luhan said and continue eating once again.

“OH! Hyung! You must thinking about Jinki-sunbaenim aren’t you?” Tao asked playfully as if challenging Luhan to tell them the truth.

“Whatever, Tao… just continue eating…” Luhan calmly said then Tao looked to Joonmyeon and his Umma just smile at him.

 

Jongin returned and fixed his plates.

“Where are you going, Kai?” Joonmyeon asked.

“Taemin wants to fetch him at the park… he seems lost again… I’ll be back… don’t worry.” Jongin said as he placed his plates at the sink and grabbed his jacket and left the dorm.

 

The rest of the group didn’t mind that but unknown to them, Luhan’s eyes were not as shiny as they are. Kyungsoo noticed it and tapped Sehun’s arm by his elbows and Sehun looked at him and Kyungsoo tilted his head and Sehun saw what that was.

 

After eating the rest of the group put their plates to the sink, Kris and Joonmyeon went outside to talked with their manager, Tao, Chen, Chanyeol and Lay helped at putting the dishes to the ref and into the sink while Sehun is helping Kyungsoo and Xuimin at placing the already washed plates and Luhan and Baekhyun are washing the remaining ones.

 

“Oh yeah… tomorrow will be the day… right?” Baekhyun asked.

“What day?” Luhan said.

“SHINee will be the guest at the Afterschool Club right? I wonder if they will be complete?” Baekhyun asked.

“Why? Jin told me that maybe they will be…” Luhan said.

“But I think Minho-sunbaenim is still on shooting for his film…” Kyungsoo butted in.

“Really? I’m so excited for tomorrow!” Baekhyun proclaimed.

 

 

A minutes after, Luhan’s phone rang and he excused himself when he noticed that it was Jinki who is calling at him.

 

“Hello Ji…n? WHAT!!!” Luhan turned off his phone immediately and washed his hands.

“Luhan? What’s wrong?” Xuimin asked.

“I need to go out…” Luhan said.

 

When he reached the front he immediately looked for his shoes and when he is ready to go, the door opened revealing the two leaders.

“Luhan?” Joonmyeon asked. “Where are you going?”

“I need to go to the hospital now!” Luhan said but when he was about to go out he was stopped by Kris. “Kris! Let me go!”

“No… are you insane? You are going out by yourself? You need companion…” Kris said as he looked back to the hall where the members are standing. “Baekhyun and Kyungsoo… come with him…” the two nodded and immediately washed their hands.

“I want to go also!” Joonmyeon said.

“No.”

“WHY!”

“You’re too stressed. You need to rest. We need to make a plan. Remember the awarding ceremony?” Kris said then Baekhyun and Kyungsoo went to get their shoes. “You two… don’t go home until Luhan wants to okay? If it’s late enough… text me… I’ll get Sehun and Chanyeol fetch the three of you okay?”

Three nodded and left.

 

~

 

Jongin appeared at the park 5 minutes after he left their dorm. Taemin is sitting at the bars, Jongin joined him and gave him a soda. Taemin opened it and smiled.

“This same soda he gave to me the first time we went outside…” Taemin smiled.

“Really? I just thought that you really like that because you always choose that.” Jongin commented.

 

They remained silent.

 

“I can’t continue this.” Jongin looked to the sky again. “I can’t continue avoiding him… he’s all over me… I can’t remove him inside of him…” Taemin cried.

“Did you two have or something like that?” Jongin asked. Taemin looked at him with a surprised face. “What? That’s what your words meant to me.”

“You’re useless, Jongin… always and stuff… maybe that’s the reason why he left you… so childish and about … people can get tired also… maybe he was so tired of your hormones…” Taemin said.

“Actually… I never imagine Luhan like that.” Jongin laughed. “He’s innocent and fragile that I can’t even think of him like that… and no… I didn’t have any intimate scene with him… I restrain myself.”

“Idiot.” Taemin said.

 

“What would you feel if ever you knew the reason why someone left you is actually because of you?” Taemin asked.

“I will feel bad… but I will also feel great… because for the first time… I became a reason… eventhough it is bad…” Jongin said.

“If only it is that so simple.” Taemin said.

 

~

 

Luhan came running from the entrance to the room that the caller said to him only to find Jinki sitting on the bed with a neck frame attached to him.

“JIN!” Luhan said as he came to JInki and looked at him. “I told you many times not to push everything to limit!” he hugged Jinki and Jinki was surprised by that.

“Han~” Jinki slightly backed Luhan away so he can see the other’s face. “Don’t cry okay? I’m okay… I can even dance with my—“ Jinki tried to stand up but Luhan pushed him down.

“NO! You will be here again if you don’t listen to me.” Luhan said. “Key? Until when he will stay here?”

“Oh… I think anytime his doctor will discharge him already…” Key said and then Luhan looked to Jinki again and put his hand on his waist and the other one is on Jinki’s shoulder.

 

“You’ll listen to me, okay? You should get more sleep before tomorrow. I know you, you will insist to go to your schedules for tomorrow, so you should rest, okay?” Luhan said.

 

Secretly, Baekhyun take a picture of Luhan and Jinki when they are like a couple arguing but still sweet. He sends it to his groupmates. Unknowingly, he sends it to the most inappropriate person.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter