First Day of School

나의 달콤한 캔디 소년 (My Sweet Candy Boy)

 

Setting:  School

 

Time: 7:30 a.m. (1st Period)

 

 

 

Your point of view:

 

-sigh-… *I can’t believe I have Math B this early in the morning…* Yawnnn….

 

 

I made my way to room 346 where I was going to be having Math B (College Algebra and Trigonometry).  So I have lunch 5th period , so I’ll go during that time then … I wonder if Joomin has the same lunch period as I do… I guess I’ll find out later since she has Biology with me , which is before my lunch period.

 

-Skip to end of 4th period/beginning of 5th period-

 

“So all Biology students have the same lunch period due to lab which is twice a week?! -sighs- … As much as I love Bio , I think 2 days of lab is too much , and we would most likely have long lab works too…” Joomin whined as we made our way to Ms. Ahn, our guidance counselor.

 

“MS. AHN!!!” Joomin and I screamed as we ran to hug our counselor.

 

“Hi girls!  How’s your first day going so far?” she greeted us back with a smile

 

“Ms. Ahn, we didn’t get into the College Credit class for History and we did our summer homework… so we were wondering if you could do something about that..” I told her without wasting any more time.

 

“What?  Let me see why that happened… ohhh…. Both of you have conflicting classes with the college history course, that’s why… let me see what I can do…” she said as she was typing away.
 

“So is there any way we could manage to alter our schedules, Ms. Ahn?” I asked her anxiously.

 

“For Joomin, yes there is… For you, I don’t think it’s possible. You’re aiming for a gold stamp on your diploma, right? If you still have that goal in mind, there is no possible way you could alter your schedule. I’m sorry…” Ms. Ahn said apologetically.

 

“-sighs- … There really is no possible way, Ms. Ahn…?” I asked one more time as I couldn’t believe that I had no way out of that nightmare class Honors History with Mr. Jang.

 

“No, _____-ah I’m sorry… Joomin-ah I’ll fix your schedule nex week.  This week, we will be prioritizing the senior students so I can’t start on yours yet, okay?”

“It’s okay, Ms.Ahn. I understand.” Joomin replied and then turned to me “…What are you going to do now, ______-ah?” Joomin asked as we bowed to Ms. Ahn exiting her office.

 

“I really don’t know, Joomin-ah… This is so upsetting.” I answered her with a sigh.

 

“I won’t go to College Credit History class if you won’t so don’t worry about it.” Joomin said with a comforting smile.

 

“No, Joomin-ah… I don’t want you to suffer another year of his class because of me. It’s okay, you should go.  Thank you for worrying about me though.” I assured her with an appreciative smile.

 

“Well, I don’t know if I should because College Credit History is a 1st period class… Plus I don’t want to go to those study sessions alone.” Joomin said

 

“I see what I can do. I don’t want to be stuck with Mr. Jang for another year and besides, I come in 1st period anyways.” I chuckled in response.

 

“We still have 30 minutes of lunch hour… You want to go to the cafeteria?” Joomin asked you.

 

“Yeah, sure.  We have Mr. Jang’s class next though. I’m not looking forward to that.” I said in an annoyed tone.

 

“Well, we have to attend his class even if we don’t want to.  I hope you find a way to fix your schedule.”

 

“I hope so too…. Come on let’s go get some lunch.”